Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Nov 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3478850)   #51
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne will either go F1 or stay with ART alongside another japanese driver from the Honda program.

DAMS will have Gasly and Ocon 95%
Old 26 Nov 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3478851)   #52
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing Engineering will test 6 drivers: Latifi, Nato, Jaafar, Trummer, Evans & Marciello

EDIT: I see that's already posted by now...

Should Marciello stay with Racing Engineering for a second year?
Old 26 Nov 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3478866)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
entry list for day 1 released:

http://www.gp2series.com/News-Room/N...-Test-Preview/

kind of looks a bit like several drivers from the current season have been asked to stay on and they've gone "..yeah alright then" even though they don't have much intention of staying in the series for next year.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3479029)   #54
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, Tsukakoshi is fast! But I don't know why no Yamamoto!?
Old 27 Nov 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3479115)   #55
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Oh, Tsukakoshi is fast! But I don't know why no Yamamoto!?
Can't put all the eggs in one basket! Mugen still needs him to bring the fight to TOM'S in 2015 Super Formula.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3479183)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
A handful of names aside that's a poor line up isn't it?

Time was when young drivers fell over themse to get their bums in one of these at a test session.
Old 27 Nov 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3479249)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
same goes for 3.5 as well, which would suggest it's a supply and demand issue. i think that'll disappear in the next few years, but they do need to take the opportunity to sanity check everything and reign in the budgets.

out of todays list there's still quite a few "this could be interesting if they end up sticking around" names in there. evans, latifi (smart lad - driving anything he can get his hands on), nato (you can't be that competitive in two litre and not be good), gasly, ocon, vandoorne, kirchhofer, king, stanaway, jaafar.

might gp2 suit jaafar a bit more? is 2015 evans' now or never season? can ocon adapt to the tyre situation?
Old 27 Nov 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3479267)   #58
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ocon, Jaafar, Latifi, Stanaway, King & Nato join the series, and Vandoorne, Gasly, Evans, Pic, Leal, Haryanto & Negrao stay... It should be a good season again
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3479612)   #59
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
You just cost my dim-witted doorman his holiday bonus. Did somebody call for a Thanksgiving spread?
Old 28 Nov 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3479645)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
If Ocon, Jaafar, Latifi, Stanaway, King & Nato join the series, and Vandoorne, Gasly, Evans, Pic, Leal, Haryanto & Negrao stay... It should be a good season again
Does the current testing line up really mean all of them will be doing next season?

I'm not sure I'd put the last 3 names you mention in a list of prospects to relish?
Old 28 Nov 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3479677)   #61
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
TR Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Does the current testing line up really mean all of them will be doing next season?

I'm not sure I'd put the last 3 names you mention in a list of prospects to relish?
I wouldn't immeadately judge Leal or Negrao - both guys showed good form at points during this last season - Negrao seemed to wake up in the second half of the year and go on a decent points scoring run and his FR3.5 years show it takes him time to adjust to a new series; I expect him to finish in 2015 championship top 10 - whereas Leal started off the year brilliantly over the first couple of weekends but then lost momentum + had some bad luck but continued to show ability (eg. leading practice in Italy + setting fastest lap in Russia i think? someone should probably check that last one as I could be wrong) - but if he keeps his momentum in 2015 i think Leal could finish in championship top 5 - so basically don't write them off straight away because they could easily both suprise next year - you never know in gp2 and thats why i personally love the series!
Old 28 Nov 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3479682)   #62
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that with the new generation GP2 from 2011 , Ocon's benchmark are Nasr and Marciello.

Completely different way of driving from F3, little tack track time, sensitive tyres.

Will be interesting to see if copes that well the change FR2.0 to F3 and F3 to GP2.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3479734)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
I wouldn't immeadately judge Leal or Negrao - both guys showed good form at points during this last season
i don't mean to be rude about those guys because they're clearly a lot better than all of us on here but crikey, is that what it's come down to?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3479842)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't mean to be rude about those guys because they're clearly a lot better than all of us on here but crikey, is that what it's come down to?
Indeed....

I've always loved looking forward to seeing the new or potential stars line up against each otherr and trying to fathom out where they will go.

And whilst we all like various drivers for one reason or another, I've never felt the need to speak up about fairly average journeymen for any other reason than them filling seats or preventing proper talents getting a drive.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3479880)   #65
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Negrao was fast in FR2.0 and Abarths, I mean he had flashes of speed, not consistency.
Anyways, to me this testing line up looks strong, but there are several drivers who are unlikely to race, they are just testing and may be taking advantage of cheap seats.

Btw, what's up with Caterham? The same people remain or Kennedy has brought new staff?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3479973)   #66
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Gasly and Ocon are very fast, but they still can't beat Vandoorne's pole time.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3479974)   #67
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gp2 2015 silly season

With Vandoorne, Marciello, Evans, Ocon, Gasly and Jaafar we will be alright from a talent point of view. Having also Frijns, Regalia and Ellinas would be a welcome bonus.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3479978)   #68
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Gasly and Ocon are very fast, but they still can't beat Vandoorne's pole time.
But is it the real aim?

Gasly has nothing to play for as he seems to fit in the team for 2015.

While Ocon is coming from high downforce F3 and never really set the world on fire in testing.

In fact Ocon is the only driver without a full either GP3/3.5 series/GP2 series/F2/Auto Gp (cars with over 400 bhp) to be in Gasly's second.

Also track conditions are different with F1 rubber laid down etc...

Lap times are not relevent.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3482863)   #69
mgcsaylor
Rookie

mgcsaylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting 2015 calendar, in that the GP2 season opener is a stand-alone event....or a typo!

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...5IntSeries.pdf
Old 8 Dec 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3483136)   #70
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
If Bahrain is ready to pay for the solo...
Old 12 Dec 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3484482)   #71
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Anyone have any ideas who might be moving over FR3.5 to GP2? Saw that Amberg, Nato and Stockinger were testing in Abu Dhabi, though only really Nato would be any good during a full year in GP2.
Old 13 Dec 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3484640)   #72
olev
Rookie

Estonia
olev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
Anyone have any ideas who might be moving over FR3.5 to GP2? Saw that Amberg, Nato and Stockinger were testing in Abu Dhabi, though only really Nato would be any good during a full year in GP2.
My bet would be the ones you mentioned plus Gasly and Sorensen (if he manages to put together the budget)
Old 13 Dec 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3484680)   #73
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
GP2 might be more suitable for Nato, much more lively car to drive.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3484972)   #74
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think nato would be a decent fit with racing engineering. would i be right in assuming that marciello would be staying with them for 2015?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3485641)   #75
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think nato would be a decent fit with racing engineering. would i be right in assuming that marciello would be staying with them for 2015?
probably - he hasn't tested with any other team - or has he? (Somebody will probably point out he has and prove me wrong )