Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4178975)   #151
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And the Mog' is gonna win the GTS 11 Class!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:51 (Ref:4178977)   #152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Galaxie showed STOP in the pits means they gave up I fear.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:51 (Ref:4178978)   #153
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I can't enough recommend not to use acronyms or silly abreviations like SC, TF, FCY, YF and stuff. Just sayin'…
TY
(Thank you.)
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:51 (Ref:4178979)   #154
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
ONE LAP!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4178980)   #155
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Max, I can't enough recommend not to use acronyms or silly abreviations like SC, TF, FCY, YF and stuff. Just sayin'…
TY for the advice.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4178981)   #156
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
TY (Thank you.)
NWM (No worry Mate)
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4178983)   #157
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have a chequered flag. #600 Elan 2nd in a GT40 sandwich of #14 and #25
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4178985)   #158
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Many kudos to Orebi Gann, Bourne and Lockie (E.B to give the firstnames) for the win in GTS 11 Class. What to say about Jordan/Tordoff/Dorlin finishing second overall with a fragile Lotus Elan?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4178986)   #159
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A karting customer of mine Ed Morris came across the line 12th in a 26R. He'll be happy I hope .

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4178987)   #160
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I tried I tried . No brakes , No lights . Then there really was no brakes but I kept going . 20 min and total darkness but still going then she cried enough at the Bus Stop . Roll on 2024. .
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4178988)   #161
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Many kudos to Orebi Gann, Bourne and Lockie (E.B to give the firstnames) for the win in GTS 11 Class. What to say about Jordan/Tordoff/Dorlin finishing second overall with a fragile Lotus Elan?
A remarkably well executed race.

Looked like they were just ahead of the winner so almost 2 laps behind but keeping pace and the 3rd GT40 passed the 2nd GT40 on the last lap to take third.

After 6 hours that is a really interesting and exciting result. Or should be.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:03 (Ref:4178989)   #162
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
And the Mog' is gonna win the GTS 11 Class!
MGB's 2nd 3rd and 4th with 911's 5th to 9th
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4178990)   #163
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Two GT 40's # 13 and # 32, three drivers and two pit stops. Magic?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4178991)   #164
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure those "B's" have been fats and consistent. Endurance my dear.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4178992)   #165
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I tried I tried . No brakes , No lights . Then there really was no brakes but I kept going . 20 min and total darkness but still going then she cried enough at the Bus Stop . Roll on 2024. .
Great effort Iain, give my regards to the rest of the team.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4178994)   #166
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A valliant effort Iain. Given the professional names involved and the sheer number of cars on track I think this year may have been one of the best in recent times. It was even fun watching the live timing, though I'm not sure it all made sense.

I do prefer seeing a Last Lap time as well as a Best Lap. Couldn't see that today. Did I miss a trick?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4178995)   #167
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No brakes? Bother! No lights? Bother! Seems you had fun, Iain, well done you and the team. I'll keep some Margaux to cheer in 2024. If possible.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:12 (Ref:4178999)   #168
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Did I miss a trick?
DBP: don(t be pushy!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:17 (Ref:4179000)   #169
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I see its 7 Ante Merdiem down under so will Chris go to bed or have his breakfast with red wine?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4179004)   #170
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
A valliant effort Iain. Given the professional names involved and the sheer number of cars on track I think this year may have been one of the best in recent times. It was even fun watching the live timing, though I'm not sure it all made sense.

I do prefer seeing a Last Lap time as well as a Best Lap. Couldn't see that today. Did I miss a trick?
Good effort Iain and Team.

Grant, I use "Timing 71" (an app / extension available on Chrome which is my default browser) which gives more columns and includes last and best lap. A bit easier to read I find.

Their website is https://www.timing71.org/

Whenever I go to any live timing site I get a popup asking if I would like to use Timing 71, which I usually click if the host live timing is a bit dodgy.
Chris
Old 30 Sep 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4179024)   #171
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
I fear its MartinH's. Did only 12 laps if my understanding is good.
I'm sad to report it was "our" car ..... Steering rod broke entering Phouon & hit the barrier quite hard.

Driver perfectly ok, but car badly re-arranged front end & team very disappointed after all the prep work gone into this race, to only run for 40 minutes.

That's racing !!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4179033)   #172
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am in delta lol depending on SWMBO
Well done on getting the Galaxie as far as you did
Old 1 Oct 2023, 03:06 (Ref:4179088)   #173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hi Martin. We know this feeling and,yes, it's part of racing. Driver OK is good news, in french we say "only his pride has been damaged". Bright side is you and your guys have been very fast at Spa, again. Bring your car back in it's former glory will be a challenge, there are so many questionable repro parts around. And the genuine ones are fifty years old… A winter challenge!
Old 1 Oct 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4179099)   #174
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Hat's off to the Fiat and all it's team, most impressive.

The DB4 probably the first old car home too.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4179100)   #175
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our good friend Eddy V...