Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3787652)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
LE MANS CLASSIC

The bi-annual extravaganza. Expensive but unique. Includes Group C race in 2018.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3792042)   #2
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First draw has now been made...

http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-lmc-entry.pdf
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 11 Jan 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3792051)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

You're in! Superb. See the Elva in 4 as well. Plus JE with two cars....

Oh, and 3 Talbots!
Old 11 Jan 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3792091)   #4
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
....well chuffed!
Mag 7's #60
Old 12 Jan 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3792226)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Jean Marc has been accepted too so far. At lasr hes gonna enjoy the long Hunaudieres straight fast ... The 911 are rather slow.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3792338)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jenson Button has been accepted too in a Group C Jaguar.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jan 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3792413)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Jenson Button has been accepted too in a Group C Jaguar.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Bet that was a hard selection decision!

To be precise he is entered in a Jag XJR-9 for the 'stand alone' Group C race, and not The Classic itself........ That will have made it easier, but I wonder if he will be exempted from the regulation regarding qualifying races? Quote- "Drivers must have taken part in two qualifying heats before racing in Le Mans Classic (6-8 July 2018)."

I'm guessing the car is Jaguar Heritage's drop dead gorgeous Silk Cut version. Very cool...
Old 13 Jan 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3792430)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to See Gareth drive all three Talbots in one race, I've seen people do two . . . . but three would be impressive.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3792523)   #9
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
It would be just plain showing off....if not somewhat greedy!
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Jan 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3792542)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well now to put teams together

Only doing four this year based on four G1 Talbots so if anyone wants to join us just ask

We have won the team prize a few times.

Obviously Bill/Will are in but anyone else?

Lots of the normal entries missing this year

Interesting if they can put a full grid of Group C cars together this time but it’s only the warm up race before the real thing!

Probably about fifteen finishers after an hours racing!
Old 15 Jan 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3792824)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Having had a cursory glance through the entries, thus far, Would it be fair to say a lot of French entries? and not necessarily actual LeMans cars ( Sunbeam Alpine was first I noticed )

Still the best old banger race though, If I can get visa clearance from the Management I may head down for the weekend.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3793328)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Zef,Assume your part of team?!
Old 17 Jan 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3793364)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have had e mail saying we are on reserve list. Fingers crossed as for sure I think this is the best event I have raced at.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3797469)   #14
cmcwilliam
Rookie

cmcwilliam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi - I have an entry in my Kieft. I've not been before so any hints for the practicalities of racing? Where to stay, what to do / not to do. All and any advice very welcome.

Many thanks!
Craig
Old 2 Feb 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3797786)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwilliam View Post
Where to stay, what to do / not to do.
What to do? Have fun and drive pedal to the metal!Not to do? Make pee on the tents, this for french competitors only. Ask Mike…
Old 2 Feb 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3797793)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve only done LMC once, in 2016. No idea regarding where to stay as we all stayed at Camping Houx inside the circuit- RVs, Camper Vans, vans, tents..... You can hire an RV there as the big rental companies service the event. They bring in generators for power and lay on a water supply to them. (The hook-up in Houx was extremely flukey....) I guess it’s expensive, but everything you need to have in the circuit will cost you money. Scooter, Golf buggy, quad etc all need passes that you pay for. Bicycle free, I believe! Camping is charged also. There was a fleet of volunteer VW type 1 vans and campers doing a shuttle from the parking / camping to the paddocks all weekend in 2016, also free. I believe they are a fixture at the event.

Early arrival at the circuit to avoid spending a day queuing to get in is advisable! They line all the vehicles up in order of arrival until the gates open, over several car parks! You have to see it to believe it. I arrived very early Thursday and was able to get in after a couple of hours. If I go this year I will pay extra to arrive Wednesday and stay in the queue overnight to save time Thursday.....

The paddocks and all the access roads to and from them get very congested during the event. Make sure your race car has good cooling as it will likely be sitting in queues!

All told, worth the effort and an unforgettable experience. There really is nothing else to compare.....
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3798051)   #17
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Most of the cheaper near circuit accommodation will have been booked out over a year ago, so if you are not camping in the Houx I would recommend getting cracking on searching for something now!

As the others have said it is a v special event!
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Feb 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3798071)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As you both said what is not special in this meeting is the hotel/ restaurant/trafic situation. Ici c'est la France, Monsieur! If you can afford to rent an RV, would be a good option or grouped option. I think someone at PA or ACO can and will like to supply with help.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3798460)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You have an entry so no problem
Take a motorhomes or tent into Houx which is set aside for competitors
Alternative is to take one of the pods in Houx
You will get a circular form PA giving you alternatives
We stay in the Tecnopark inside circuit
Have done for last eight years
By far the easiest place
It’s only money!
Old 9 Mar 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3807163)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Final lists are beginning to be sorted

Usually at this point we put together four teams

If anyone wants to be included please e mail me

Benefit is that people who know each other share pits and if you have more than one car it’s all in same area

We have won team prize on six occasions !

Possible to come 22 nd.and win a pot!

Let me know

Teams will be based around our four Talbots in G1
Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3807574)   #21
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you have a link to the Group C entry list please?
4 Porsche 917s on the entry list including one driven by Derek Bell plus a Ferrari 512, just hoping for dry weather to see them run in anger.....
Old 13 Mar 2018, 00:46 (Ref:3807627)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Have no information on support races.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3807686)   #23
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...oupc-entry.pdf

http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-lmc-entry.pdf
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Mar 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3807689)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Will, saves me looking! Have you noticed all the Morgan +4s are now in Plateau 3? One particular owner always insists that his period E car should be in 2, so will be interesting to see what happens....

No Mercedes C11 on the GpC entry list, which is odd, so maybe that list is still evolving as well!

Old 13 Mar 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3807701)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Have no information on support races.