Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3805533)   #76
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Along with the new F1 logo, there's going to be a new F1 theme song for 2018.
"Hollywood" to produce the new F1 theme.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mo...-idUKKCN1GF0JF
Old 3 Mar 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3805538)   #77
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I hope that Channel 4’s last hurrah will stick to “The Chain”.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3805600)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
"Hollywood" to produce the new F1 theme.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mo...-idUKKCN1GF0JF
I haven't seen one of those movies.

If Liberty are looking to Hollywood for a theme tune, why not ask Ron Howard?
Old 4 Mar 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3805667)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can't wait to hear if it will be any good. We'll see
Old 4 Mar 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3805787)   #80
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3805809)   #81
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I haven't seen one of those movies.

If Liberty are looking to Hollywood for a theme tune, why not ask Ron Howard?
Probably because he’s a director, not a musician or composer.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3805814)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Probably because he’s a director, not a musician or composer.
I know he is a director and one film he directed was Rush. He probably knows a musician/composer or two in Hollywood, like Hans Zimmer who did the music for Rush.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 02:24 (Ref:3805816)   #83
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can predict how this will play out.

*f1 releases non-offensive, middle of the road dramatic orchestral giant jingle*

the tenths old guard: i don’t like it, they didn’t have it in jim clark’s day.

the fence sitters: ok

twitter: *pitchforks, mob rule, fire and looting, endless retweets of video of bbc intro using “the chain”*
Old 5 Mar 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3805821)   #84
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will be a cover version of something, if there borrowed from 3M 'new' logo was anything to go by!
Old 5 Mar 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3805827)   #85
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Surely the new theme would have to be gender neutral, and it should also appeal to the "wider" community. It would have to be produced in a new age "green technology" recording studio, with the lowest carbon footprint as possible, and is environmentally friendly everytime it is played on air.

They'll produce two themes, and the FiA will choose the one that is mostly complete - even though it's not the best - because the FiA had set a deadline for the new F1 theme to be introduced.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3805882)   #86
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with bella in that it’s unlikely that it will be accepted (I particularly like the Jim Clark bit).

As to who they selected, he seems to have a significant resume and the examples provided potential point to why he was selected. Those are high energy/fast paced movies (some auto related) that predominantly are targeted at a younger generation.

Just like the logo... it’s something on the checklist for a new marketing team to do, but will likely have little impact on the sport. I still miss the guitar riff theme that used to open up the world feed back in the day.

Richard
Old 5 Mar 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3805899)   #87
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hans Zimmer did Days of Thunder, Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gladiator, The Last Samurai, Batman the Dark Knight, Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk.

John Williams did Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park and Harry Potter.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3805900)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Hans Zimmer did Days of Thunder, Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gladiator, The Last Samurai, Batman the Dark Knight, Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk.

John Williams did Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park and Harry Potter.
As Hans Zimmer composed the music for 'Days of Thunder' and 'Rush', he's the obvious choice.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3805907)   #89
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Not to mention Gladiator.

But Star Wars had a pod race.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3805910)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Not to mention Gladiator.

But Star Wars had a pod race.
Gladiator?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3805969)   #91
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that I've had a great idea. Why not use the guitar riff from Fleetwood Mac's record The Chain? I believe that it would fit right in, and would evoke the true spirit of F1 racing and might be popular with old and new viewers.

What do you think? Would it be possible, even?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3805977)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that I've had a great idea. Why not use the guitar riff from Fleetwood Mac's record The Chain? I believe that it would fit right in, and would evoke the true spirit of F1 racing and might be popular with old and new viewers.

Someone should suggest it to Liberty. What's their e-mail address?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3805980)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Chain is the TV company's signature tune, not the F1 signature tune. As you know the five minute board is usually accompanied by the mock engine sound and the multi coloured curvy thing.

So all I can say, as someone sneeringly considers me "old guard", is that it matters not one jot. It's just one more example of someone dicking around for the sake of dicking around.

Until they get back to proper cars with proper engines and gearboxes etc. this will always be a poor relation to real racing.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3805981)   #94
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

that would be my preference as well. i dont think licensing is as much of a problem here but i do suspect that Liberty will want something new to make it their own kind of thing.

i imagine its the same everywhere, but having a theme song is a pretty important thing for N.American sports broadcasts so i can understand why Liberty want one. if done right it can become a pretty special thing....although as Richard said, its just one box to check off for the marketing dept.

Monday Night Football on ABC, NBA on TNT (or NBA on NBC in the past), March Madness on CBS, all time fav though is the Hockey Night in Canada music (which has been caught up in licensing hell between two competing broadcasters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByKu8BwT5K4
Old 20 Mar 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3809504)   #95
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
An interview with Brian Tyler, composer of the new F1 theme.

http://www.mobil1thegrid.com/article...g-f1-symphony/

And here is the new F1 theme music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38O2yCUsbno

Old 21 Mar 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3809520)   #96
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

For those who hate the Halo, maybe?

https://youtu.be/0ItpotxmU8Q
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3809547)   #97
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Flippin' heck! I didn't think it was ever going to finish!
(In that respect it reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX-4mJh7z2E)
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3809557)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a bit Star Wars don't you think?
Old 21 Mar 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3809558)   #99
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess its length is precisely timed to match an F1 race "highlights" video. They're optimistic hoping they can find that much from a current-generation F1 race!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Mar 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3809716)   #100
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's a bit Star Wars don't you think?
Nah, John Williams is good.