Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jul 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3661144)   #301
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
It's ironic how a poor choice of tire for Toyota is suddenly a valid explanation for poor performance today, but it just couldn't have been a reason for why Audi, Porsche were slow at Spa right?....

Atleast, now we all have been shown that there are too many variables at play to predict any outcome.
What are you talking about? I didn't say Toyota were only off pace because of tire choice. Don't insinuate that, please.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 23:38 (Ref:3661197)   #302
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
AER has always been bit shady but it's a total disaster here

I'm not sure if something else can even be fit to these chassis, it took ages from Oreca to mod the AER into the existing Toyota compartment too
I can't say anything about the past but in the last 10 years AER seems to be taking the Spinal Tap/Jon Field approach to engine building. Only so long you can run it at 11 before something goes BOOM, and at least with Field it was almost always a great ride until then.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 01:52 (Ref:3661395)   #303
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The Ford was a failure on the car, not the fueling equipment or style. The fact it was reported before the race and was still started in that condition is somewhat worrying.

Doesn't matter what system you use, if you have a non-return valve that's allowing returns, that's not going to end well for anyone.
Seems putting the hot exhaust outlet directly under the fuel inlet is a bit dangerous too. Any fuel that gets spilled during the process has a very high potential of hitting the exhaust. Routing the exhaust rearward would probably have prevented the fire too, as it started when the car was started and the corresponding hot gas was being expelled onto the fuel..just my two cents..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jul 2016, 02:09 (Ref:3661397)   #304
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Seems putting the hot exhaust outlet directly under the fuel inlet is a bit dangerous too. Any fuel that gets spilled during the process has a very high potential of hitting the exhaust. Routing the exhaust rearward would probably have prevented the fire too, as it started when the car was started and the corresponding hot gas was being expelled onto the fuel..just my two cents..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
That was the most eye opening part of it all for me. the fuel just dropping straight down onto the hot exhaust on the LH side. Even when everything is working that is not a good design.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 06:45 (Ref:3661412)   #305
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
During the Eurosport telecast I think I heard mention of the 2017 Nurburgring WEC date already being confirmed for around July 15th. Did I hear right?
Old 27 Jul 2016, 07:04 (Ref:3661413)   #306
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes you did.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 07:08 (Ref:3661414)   #307
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
During the Eurosport telecast I think I heard mention of the 2017 Nurburgring WEC date already being confirmed for around July 15th. Did I hear right?
Correct, race weekend on 14-16 July 2017. http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...gring-en-2017/
Old 27 Jul 2016, 23:28 (Ref:3661549)   #308
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It was OAK who wanted the change, so they could compare Michelin and Dunlop.
OAK now also handles the 43 car with Morand gone.
Why would OAK need the #31 ESM car to evaluate that, as the #30 ESM was already shod on it? Also, Michelin P2s tires already proved on par, if not better, with the Dunlops on this year's ELMS.

My guess is that they simply thought Michelin would be better for them, which didn't seem to be the case on Nurburgring, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's Andre time! Never rated Fassler so let's see how fast the Audi actually is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Oliver Jarvis loses out at the start to Timo Bernhard.

I really want him to do well, but he seems to be a little bit behind the other Audi drivers in every aspect come the race...
I also criticized both drivers before but, in the end, both were very good in this race. Great pace, consistency and no errors. I hope that continues

Attendance looked like some 20 or 30k. Even for QLF there was quite a lot of people, but the combined numbers annoys me a bit because it tries to say that ~60k were there, when it was likely just a bit more than half of that(counting the same people that attended QLF and race, twice)
Old 27 Jul 2016, 23:44 (Ref:3661551)   #309
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thats how attendance is usually counted- as a total for the weekend. Did the same last year, 60k people. There was reports of weather keeping some away so I think it's still a great number.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 05:55 (Ref:3661577)   #310
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thats how attendance is usually counted- as a total for the weekend. Did the same last year, 60k people. There was reports of weather keeping some away so I think it's still a great number.
And let's also put this into context: given current ticket sale status, the F1 race at Hockenheim is expecting a weekend crowd smaller than this, around 50-55k currently.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3661638)   #311
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
So per S365 this is happening in 2017:
[Formula Renault V8 3.5 joins WEC at Nuerburgring (amongst others)]

Nice. I was complaining about the weak support programme this year and jokingly said, what about renault v8 3.5 or 2, that would round up the experience with some nordschleife or DTM legends/classics. Et voila, FR V8 3.5 for us next year.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3661660)   #312
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And let's also put this into context: given current ticket sale status, the F1 race at Hockenheim is expecting a weekend crowd smaller than this, around 50-55k currently.
And to think Hockenheim had huge crowds back in mid 2000s......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6_baLo-AZU
Old 29 Jul 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3661946)   #313
TF110
Veteran

United States
Track layout or no Shumacher? Both? Imagine a wec race at 'old' Hockenheimring!
Old 29 Jul 2016, 22:40 (Ref:3661949)   #314
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss the old Hockenheim! It would be some amazing duels down the straights!
Old 30 Jul 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3662128)   #315
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Track layout or no Shumacher? Both? Imagine a wec race at 'old' Hockenheimring!
The absense of Schumacher might have some effect into it, but the track layout was already the current one, in 2003.

Funny, cause on DTM's final races, the grandstands are quite full at the Hockenheim.

I wonder how long untill they realise people got fed up already with the DRS/tire thing. As long as Charlie Whiting and those old fools remains there, this will not change, though, as I vividly remember an interview of Charlie saying how "people criticizing DRS are getting it wrong". On this front, WEC and SGT are doing great because they have no gimmicks and their racing is very good while F1 and DTM are artificial boring shows.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3662844)   #316
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It's the ticket prices.

The general public that go to those races don't care about the DRS/tire thing.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 06:59 (Ref:3662969)   #317
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Clip from the race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCT2-g4mrU
And my Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/Motorsportb...74494675916656
Old 3 Aug 2016, 03:56 (Ref:3663158)   #318
Artur
Veteran

nice video, mate. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 4 Aug 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3663411)   #319
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the way the World Endurance Championship and the other associated championships are going. I enjoyed the racing again at the Nurburgring. The fact that the winner of the race is never a forgone conclusion is the best thing about the series and the Ring was not an easy race for anyone who was battling for the first place
Old 4 Aug 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3663414)   #320
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I love the way the World Endurance Championship and the other associated championships are going. I enjoyed the racing again at the Nurburgring. The fact that the winner of the race is never a forgone conclusion is the best thing about the series and the Ring was not an easy race for anyone who was battling for the first place
Agreed. Love the current state of the WEC. I know everyone complains when a race is boring, but a boring WEC race holds my interest more than almost any other series. ELMS and WEC are in a brilliant state and I'm hoping AsLMS will be quite good this year too. Blancpain is also great.