Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jul 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3661719)   #626
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
It was me or did the commentators discussed about paid bronze drivers?
Yes, they were talking about Stephane Lemeret.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3661720)   #627
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Yes, they were talking about Stephane Lemeret.

I missed that. What did they have to say about Lemeret?

Wonderful to hear that the RLM crew will be doing commentary for the Nismo Tv feed for the race. That's some very welcome late news.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 22:35 (Ref:3661739)   #628
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if radio commentary is available at the circuit? Thanks
Old 29 Jul 2016, 04:41 (Ref:3661783)   #629
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Wonderful to hear that the RLM crew will be doing commentary for the Nismo Tv feed for the race. That's some very welcome late news.
Due to the high demand of bronze-graded drivers he is being paid now, apparently, not sure if it's just this weekend or a season long thing...
Old 29 Jul 2016, 10:08 (Ref:3661814)   #630
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Due to the high demand of bronze-graded drivers he is being paid now, apparently, not sure if it's just this weekend or a season long thing...
He brings the DHL money too so a good pickup for any team looking for a decent funded bronze driving. He's a journalist also, so some money on the side would be most welcome
Old 29 Jul 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3661822)   #631
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Do you really need two english speaking announce teams seriously? The Hindy team and the Watson team. I wonder if these two squads don't get along very well. RLM just usurped a lot of exposure from the main Blancpain group. I wonder how SRO lets this happen.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 12:08 (Ref:3661826)   #632
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Do you really need two english speaking announce teams seriously? The Hindy team and the Watson team. I wonder if these two squads don't get along very well. RLM just usurped a lot of exposure from the main Blancpain group. I wonder how SRO lets this happen.
From MWM it sounded like SRO were onboard with RLM providing commentary, Hindhaugh was very complimentary about the assistance they had received to get set up.

I don't quite understand it either, it's not as if everyone wouldn't have defaulted to SRO's comms anyway... I know Watson rubs some people up the wrong way but so does Hindhaugh. Maybe SRO thought that if RLM were going to be at Spa anyway, then they may as well be "on side".
Old 29 Jul 2016, 12:51 (Ref:3661829)   #633
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why does it move exposure from the main Blancpain group? Maybe people who listen to RLM wouldn't have watches this race before. I see no problem with options, especially for the biggest race of Blancpains year. I mean we had at least 3 English speaking sets for the LM24.

Either way, I'll be watching the NismoTV broadcast now. I don't mind Watson, but I prefer RLM.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3661868)   #634
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why does it move exposure from the main Blancpain group? Maybe people who listen to RLM wouldn't have watches this race before. I see no problem with options, especially for the biggest race of Blancpains year. I mean we had at least 3 English speaking sets for the LM24.

Either way, I'll be watching the NismoTV broadcast now. I don't mind Watson, but I prefer RLM.

Probably a majority of people will go for the RLM option I reckon.

Watson is nice for shorter format races as long as he has a co commentator that balances him out a little. But I prefer the calm and researched approach of RLM for endurance racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Jul 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3661877)   #635
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pole-favorite McLaren has stopped on track in super pole...
Old 29 Jul 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3661889)   #636
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Probably a majority of people will go for the RLM option I reckon.

Watson is nice for shorter format races as long as he has a co commentator that balances him out a little. But I prefer the calm and researched approach of RLM for endurance racing

I'm a big John Watson fan myself. During endurance races and the pre-qualifying broadcasts I think he loosens up and likes to tell lots of stories and opinions too.

I hope to hear both the Watson team and Hindy team eventually. Great thing about having this stuff on the internet you get to hear both broadcasts eventually. It looks like though that while the race is on LIVE the Hindy team will be more readily available in the USA at least.
Old 29 Jul 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3661890)   #637
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
The pole-favorite McLaren has stopped on track in super pole...
Mercedes whooped the competition up in Q eh? No reason to think the race will be different. They are fast, reliable and look good doing it! Just like somebody else at Le Mans. What do you think of a dream battle between Mercedes AMG vs Ford GT?
Old 29 Jul 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3661892)   #638
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I see they used the BoP file marked "N24 2016" then......
Old 29 Jul 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3661909)   #639
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm a big John Watson fan myself. During endurance races and the pre-qualifying broadcasts I think he loosens up and likes to tell lots of stories and opinions too.

I hope to hear both the Watson team and Hindy team eventually. Great thing about having this stuff on the internet you get to hear both broadcasts eventually. It looks like though that while the race is on LIVE the Hindy team will be more readily available in the USA at least.

You're totally right.

Don't get me wrong I like Watsons humour and how he tells it how it is. I just personally prefer Hindy in a 24hr setting.

Old 29 Jul 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3661942)   #640
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Merc need to make that thing into a gte, same with the McLaren. GT convergence could see these awesome machines be racing with the Fords.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3662003)   #641
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All 6 Mercedes in front have their times cancelled and have to serve a 5min penalty during the race according to Graham Goodwin!

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/me...-24h-spa-pole/

Last edited by Creep89; 30 Jul 2016 at 11:29.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3662004)   #642
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chris that's a hell of a penalty. We need more info than that.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3662005)   #643
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/me...-24h-spa-pole/

Ignition timing apparently differed from the homologation files.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3662009)   #644
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's a significant violation. So were all the Superpole AMGs told to do this by Mercedes? I know there have been grumblings about the "lack of" top speed of the AMG-GTs but there's always going to be some grumbling in BoP racing.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3662011)   #645
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
"Regs quoted on AMG penalties indicate the cars were qualified in a form outside homologation (and outside what was initially scrutineered)"

Graham Goodwins twitter for that quote. That's flat out cheating. They're lucky they're even allowed to continue the event.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3662015)   #646
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
If I were in charge I'd be looking at all the remaining AMG-GTs just to be sure. Then again, imagine the fallout if the discrepancy was found on all the Mercedes, there's no way the other manufacturers would stand for all of them competing.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3662016)   #647
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Even if it only appears on the top 6, that's surely enough to say that there was involvement above the teams themselves.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:14 (Ref:3662018)   #648
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Even if it only appears on the top 6, that's surely enough to say that there was involvement above the teams themselves.
Definitely, this must have come straight from Mercedes. But unfortunately I don't see SRO throwing out six (more-or-less) works entries even if they were caught cheating.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3662021)   #649
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tremendous

I know it was asked earlier in the thread but presumably the Mercedes who didn't have their times removed will also be checked before the race?

Last edited by tux; 30 Jul 2016 at 12:37.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3662023)   #650
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And applies to all the Mercedes. If it is some kind of cheating, I would imagine that is isolated to one team who discovered the trick. But the main 3 AMG teams ( AKKA ASP, HTP and Black Falcon) are involved, so most likely is a Mercedes violation.

And now, they have to revert back to the homologation ECU for the race.

Could be this an explanation of the Mercedes domination at Nurburgring 24?