Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

View Poll Results: Who will get the UK seat out of the four short listed drivers?
Robbie Kerr 24 36.36%
Ralf Firman 12 18.18%
Alex Lloyd 11 16.67%
Adam Carroll 19 28.79%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Apr 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1278143)   #1
DEADDUCK
Rookie

United Kingdom
DEADDUCK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK Seat Poll

Who will get the UK Seat out of the four short lister drivers?

1. Robbie Kerr
2. Ralf Firman
3. Alex Lloyd
4. Adam Carroll
Old 14 Apr 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1278189)   #2
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tricky though innit? It's got to be decided on merit at the shoot-out.

I *hope* it will be Carroll, but if it's Lloyd I'd be really happy. Kerr deserves it on talent, but what's he been doing since winning F3? And Firman, well, sorry, Ralph, but "has-been" does spring to mind somewhat.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1278190)   #3
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whew! It's a dead heat at the moment!!! 1 vote each!
Old 14 Apr 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1278244)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it will be a seat share - remember the country scores points.

Ralph and Alex alternating, possibly.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1278276)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally Im hoping for Ralph, hes a extremely quick driver and IMO most worthy of the seat in terms of what he has achieved in his career to date. Im thinking Ralph and Robbie sharing the seat throughout the course of the season.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1278449)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Ralph Firman get the job myself. I can't help but feel he got a raw deal with his stint at Jordan. I think he was quite good, driving in that lousy car.

Any chance of Justin Wilson getting a shot here? Talk about another guy that I think got a raw deal, it's Justin.

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Apr 2005, 06:25 (Ref:1278560)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Justin would be good to do a few races - I'd quite like to see that.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1278785)   #8
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see one of the young drivers been given the chance to shine. The F1 teams will surely be watching from their comfy chairs this winter.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1278990)   #9
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 drivers to be chosen, maybe a third, is what's being said.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1278997)   #10
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I belive of the 4, only Kerr has won a championship and not had a shot at a higher level - but I'm sure they could all do a job.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1278998)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Firman in the car, Wilson could do a good job too (well, any of the 5 could to be honest)
Old 15 Apr 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1279004)   #12
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
Any chance of Justin Wilson getting a shot here? Talk about another guy that I think got a raw deal, it's Justin.
Not sure if any ChampCar clashes but bearing in mind the first round is at Brands he might be a good dark horse.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1279030)   #13
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Personally Im hoping for Ralph, hes a extremely quick driver and IMO most worthy of the seat in terms of what he has achieved in his career to date. Im thinking Ralph and Robbie sharing the seat throughout the course of the season.
He has always had money which is why he has got as far as he has. Even Don Panoz paid for his F1 drive. Alex and Robbie should get the drive as they need a good break.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1279134)   #14
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
being a fan of adam carroll, you know who i voted for, but i think all 4 drivers are worthy and im glad these are the 4 that were mentioned in the press release.

alex lloyd took the disapointment of missing out on an f3 drive by making himself the best in euro f3000. ralph firman has been testing the car a long time and his time at jordan was what anyones time at jordan would be- crap. good drivers can do nothing if you havent got a decent car. if i recall correctly, he got himself into the points more times than fisi did, its just that fisi took a lucky win that put him higher in the championship. robbie kerr is another fantastic british driver and he has also tested and impressed in the A1 car.

of the brits available at the moment, i reckon they picked the best 4. but what about some more? rossiter? hamilton? watts? green? list goes on. UK has some talent, i tell ya! being a winter championship, maybe a few others could have a chance?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1282083)   #15
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robbie Kerr's the most talented of those guys in ym view, he did a sueprb job to win the UK F3 title and then couldn't find the funding to make a proper step up, much like Marc Hynes (who I'd also love to see back behind the wheel).

Oh and his name's RALPH, not RALF - how bloody hard is that?

Last edited by N I Tram; 19 Apr 2005 at 13:19.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1282088)   #16
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Robbie Kerr's the most talented of those guys in ym view, he did a sueprb job to win the UK F3 title and then couldn't find the funding to make a proper step up, much like Marc Hynes (who I'd also love to see back behind the wheel).

Oh and his name's RALPH, not RALF - how bloody hard is that?
kinfda like when everyone keeps calling adam carroll, adam carrol despite knowing there are 2 'l's!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1282223)   #17
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Adam cause I think he really deserves it!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1282346)   #18
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it should go to young up and comming drivers, who are short on budget and at this time have no drives in the pipeline. So Ralph is to old and heading down not up. Adam has a great GP2 drive from what i read. So it has to be Robbie and Alex.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1282870)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Don't wanna sound bias, they're all worthy of the drive, but Robbie for me is a superb talent who ought to be testinf F1 cars at least by now.

When i watched him in the older F Renault class as long ago as '98 i thought i was watchin an excellent driver and he backed that up with his F3 performances a couple of years ago.

I hope that someone gets him a break this year os he won't disappoint.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1282982)   #20
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with you and am sometimes amazed how people are overlooked. Is it because their face just does not fit ?. I think both Robbie and Alex would do a great job in A1GP and hopefully this would attract interest in them for the future.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1283013)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Certainly is the case right at the top but for Robbie it must be a case of funding.....maybe he needs a Pino Zahavi type agent to get to work for him?!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1283238)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All decent drivers, but Ralph does have thousands of testing miles under his belt with the A1GP car - he knows the car. The others don't. So in my book, advantage Ralph.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1283247)   #23
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a good 2-page spread on it all in today's Motorsport News
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1283645)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Robbie's had a lot of time in the car too....
Old 21 Apr 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1284014)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Shame you can only vote for one driver, since they are choosing at least two. Is it possible to change that, please?

The list is the list and that's that, but if the choice were mine Danny Watts would have been on it, too.