Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2474037)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What I found most amusing was that Saturday qualifying took longer to complete than the first race. While the powers that be decided to hold the 20min qualifying for the 200km race

They need to bin the whole system and start from scratch as they have been chasing thier tale since the inspired 'each race is a round' decision

Bring back the PJ dash!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2474370)   #27
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Friday: practice 1a/1b and Qually (x parts and shootout etc) (covered on bigpond and 7 digital 2 when it is launched)
Saturday: practice 2 and 200 km (70 or 80 L fuel tank, no "contrived" stops, just race and fill up when required)
Saturday: 20 min warm up and 200 km (start pos from race 1 finish)

Adelaide, Townsville, Hamilton and Sydney - substitute 250 km races instead of 200 km races. I can't see why Townsville and Hamilton should have shorter races, all the street races should be big events?

120 L tank for enduros.

I reckon that would work. It could add more spectacle and better media coverage for the friday of the meeting.

The Sat qually is boring and too long. At least on Friday it has a higher profile position in the race meeting, and there is some logic into putting so much effort to decide the grid.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2476319)   #28
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't they just change the qualifying sessions around? 20-minute short session for Saturday race and the three-tier system for the Sunday race?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2478366)   #29
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Why don't they just change the qualifying sessions around? 20-minute short session for Saturday race and the three-tier system for the Sunday race?
Timing basically. You've just put the longer version of qualifying on the day heavily chunked by hosting the longer race. On the weekend where they have to finish early to suit the football they would have to go almost straight from qualifying to the race, and forget track time for support categories.

Already support categories are deserting V8 Supercar, will they be able to hold on to them if they are preventewd from racing on Sunday?
Old 11 Jun 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2479788)   #30
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got an idea.

A 30 minute qualifying session each day (Saturday, Sunday... whatever).

You then get the top 6 guys to contest a "Spear-a-spud" contest before the race. They get given a Holden Colorado (the red side), or Ford Ranger (the blue side) ute. Once they determine who got the most points (accumulated by the amount of spuds they spear), they then go into a chook lotto. The chook with the highest number gets the most points, and so on.

And there is the grand finale - they all have a "so you think you can sing" reality tv contest, singing Ray Connif's "Who's in the strawberry patch with sally" classic. The judges (one grid girl, one track marshall, and Stinkfist Hopoate), give them a score out of 10.

You then tally the scores, and you rank 1 to 6 on the grid according to their ranked score.

Yep, thats simple, entertaining, gets the kids involved, great for rugby league and for the GFC.

Why anyone hasn't thought of this before bewilders me...
Old 11 Jun 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2479803)   #31
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the 20 min Sunday session.

Perhaps we could fine tune it by separating the field into the slowest and fastest 50% from practice (for Saturday) and the slowest and fastest lap times from Saturdays race (for Sunday).