Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2477590)   #1
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only there a Little while, VESA in dissarray ?

With the resignation of Cambell Little, is seems that "The Board" can talk about change all they like, it just has to have to happen 'their' way !

See Motorsport News for the full details, including a pointed Lambden editorial.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2477607)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Campbell does not seem to happy with VEA and i agree 100% with Lambden.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2477653)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who will replace him?

Mr Adamson has been in the deputy capacity for some years now, is there any reason he isnt considered for the headline role? He too has built a number of race cars in the main class.. and certainly knows how the oily bits work together

The role seems to be a poisoned chalice... there have been a few people rotate through it over the years.

If VESA was serious about this position being the one to drive the cost containment bent, I think its likely too much for a single role to manage decisively and with all commercial considerations intact.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2477686)   #4
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The real issue is the TWO schools of thought have finally banged heads.
School One: You can build what the rules say you can.
School Two: You can build what isn't expressly forbidden.

Most V8 Supercars have evolved beyond the rulebook, and nobody seemed to have the capacity to accept the harsh truth of Campbell's observations on this.

Campbell to FPR (they need him) or PMM (very close to home)...anyone?
I cannot see SBR affording another top level person at present.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2477694)   #5
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little so Im told is a very straight forward up front and very talented engineering guy who calls it as it is and which is what Ive witnessed in the press and TV medium - they've had 3 guys in this position in the last year - something smells in Denmark as the old saying goes and VESA are just not listening - sounds so familiar to the FIA and F1 at the moment - maybe the teams should just up and form a alternative series after all they have the product
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2477696)   #6
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
The real issue is the TWO schools of thought have finally banged heads.
School One: You can build what the rules say you can.
School Two: You can build what isn't expressly forbidden.

Most V8 Supercars have evolved beyond the rulebook, and nobody seemed to have the capacity to accept the harsh truth of Campbell's observations on this.

Campbell to FPR (they need him) or PMM (very close to home)...anyone?
I cannot see SBR affording another top level person at present.
Back to Triple Eight?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2477731)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter View Post
Little so Im told is a very straight forward up front and very talented engineering guy who calls it as it is and which is what Ive witnessed in the press and TV medium - they've had 3 guys in this position in the last year - something smells in Denmark as the old saying goes and VESA are just not listening - sounds so familiar to the FIA and F1 at the moment - maybe the teams should just up and form a alternative series after all they have the product
The problem (according to MeNews) is that it is the team owners on the board who are the issue - your solution would only make that worse. Little isn't the first person there to be dealt with poorly by the board.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2478012)   #8
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The problem (according to MeNews) is that it is the team owners on the board who are the issue - your solution would only make that worse. Little isn't the first person there to be dealt with poorly by the board.
Are they holden team owners that are supporting the walkinshaw line?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 01:13 (Ref:2478052)   #9
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Adamson has been in the deputy capacity for some years now, is there any reason he isnt considered for the headline role?

The role seems to be a poisoned chalice... there have been a few people rotate through it over the years.
I think you might have answered your own question!!! You'd be mad to take that role!!!

The other interesting point is that Big Tony seems to have be ignored/bypassed on this issue after trying to cool things down.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2478092)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Back to Triple Eight?
maybe the Kelly's might be interested but with Campbell being the type he is would probably clash heads with LP on the engineering side?????

maybe SGR but they might just stick to trying to get ex-HRT guys?????

maybe DJR tohelp Mr Courtney's cause, he could use some of Campbell's "counsilling" over the redio?????

or maybe PCR to keep the improvements of one Fabian Coulthard ticking along?????
Old 9 Jun 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2478102)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
Maybe the Kelly's might be interested but with Campbell being the type he is, would he probably clash heads with Larry Perking on the engineering side?????

Maybe SGR but they might just stick to trying to get ex-HRT guys?????

Maybe DJR to help Mr Courtney's cause, he could use some of Campbell's "counseling" over the radio?????

Or maybe PCR to keep the improvements of one Fabian Coulthard ticking along?????
I could see Little going to Kelly Racing. His depth of engineering would be most welcomed by Larry Perkins, I don't think it'll be a clash of engineering titans.
Wilson Security Racing would be a good option for the team but would they be able to pay his fees? If so, I would like to see Little help out both Michael and Fabian, not side with Fabian.
DJR has no chance with James, with or without Little's help. It's only time that DJR will smell the roses and get rid of the little bugger and he goes back to Europe with his single seater duties.
Little would be the final piece of the puzzle for Tasman Motorsport to challenge the likes of Triple Eight or Walkinshaw Performace Racing/Toll HRT. Best chance to have in terms of employment.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2478109)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I could see Little going to Kelly Racing. His depth of engineering would be most welcomed by Larry Perkins, I don't think it'll be a clash of engineering titans.
Wilson Security Racing would be a good option for the team but would they be able to pay his fees? If so, I would like to see Little help out both Michael and Fabian, not side with Fabian.
DJR has no chance with James, with or without Little's help. It's only time that DJR will smell the roses and get rid of the little bugger and he goes back to Europe with his single seater duties.
Little would be the final piece of the puzzle for Tasman Motorsport to challenge the likes of Triple Eight or Walkinshaw Performace Racing/Toll HRT. Best chance to have in terms of employment.
i bet Ross & Jimmy are sitting back having a quiet chuckle to themselves right about now, while Alex might not look that quick atm he is improving and hasn't wrecked anywhere near as many cars as James did at the same point last year and they are probablly looking at James latest resault going well thank christ we offloaded him.

James and Jase Richards are tared with the same brush, both can be as quick as the best of them but they are both prone to brain farts when in good positions.