Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Mar 2001, 14:17 (Ref:74355)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!

Ok ...after round one of the v8 supercar series today ..alot of questions have entered my mind and i was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on these matters.

so the "Official Phillip island thread" has been started

1. 45 minute races ???

dunno if i like this idea..it worked well..pit stops were an interesting factor..but the races seemed to die out a bit nearing the end..but I guess the same can be said for the shorter races.

2. Marcos Ambrose

very impressive in the pirtek car..just showed that the AGP pole may not have been as much of a cheating farce as reported..his move on bright into the hairpin was superb.

3.SEAGULLS ???

do they sell them on a stick at the canteen after the cars hit them ???..yummy

4. Channel 10

how did you think they went...telecast of the races was reasonable..but i was dissapointed to see an extra 30 mins of telecast time but not alot more action...I guess it was because of the longer races ..but i turned the TV off thinking that surely that wasnt it ???

5.HRT

mark Skaife..what can you say ...a perfect performance...thouroughly deserved victory ..even if he did make it a tad boring.

6 Craig lowndes

excellent..new team new driver and old car ...superb ti finish second overall..just shows how good this guy really is.

7. Paul Ramano

where the heck was he ????
all the hype of him being in the young lions car and only saw him once..get some speed boy ..no excuses now !!!!

aahhhh..thats all I can think of for now...good start to the year anyway..no major bingles..except for larkhams little effort..but no really bad damage..

anyway what are your thoughts ?
Old 25 Mar 2001, 15:15 (Ref:74363)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Lowndes should be shrugging his shoulders at all the established Ford teams saying what have you guys been whinging about for the last 2 years - here I blow in, new team - new marque and I'm competitive straight outta the box. What have you people been doing ?
Old 25 Mar 2001, 23:48 (Ref:74450)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. 45 minute races ???
-hmmm, jury still out on this one. Only 2 retirements out of 63 starters tells me that they weren't going very hard out....

2. Marcos Ambrose
-blow that out yer arse Besnard!

3.SEAGULLS ???
-Remember how they used to hit the bikes? Maybe they should install a scarecrow...you would have thought that Skaifey's huge snorter would have been enough to scare the birds aware...

4. Channel 10
- I think they'll improve with time...

5.HRT
- Yeah, a tad boring....so much for the new qualifying and racing format designed to bring them back to the field.

6 Craig lowndes
- Top effort

7. Paul Ramano
- Still in Rod Nash's car...so dont pass final judgement until he has a HRT car.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 01:28 (Ref:74471)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1.45 minute races, 2nd one should have been reverse grid? - tad boring thanks to skaifes brilliance!

2.marcos ambrose - fantastic effort, great control when he took bright at honda, what happened to besnard!

3.seagulls - they have a bloodied history at the island.

4.channel 10 - crompton's good, when will we see a proper podium presentation at the v8's!

5.hrt - the norm.

6.lowndes - might be able to stop the hrt juganaut, drove brilliantly though.

7.romano - written of 3 years ago, so many other formula ford/holden drivers who would whip his butt, still, i hope he makes the most of this opportunity.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 10:18 (Ref:74527)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
45min races....I hate to say it but it was just a drawn out version of the 20min sprint races of last year. Not a great deal of action and the pit stops dont do a lot to mix things up at all.

Marcos Ambrose....Awsome drive. Good to see someone have a go for a change. Put him and Ingall near each other on the track and watch the action.

Seagulls... Can they take better aim and atleast do some damage to slow HRT down.

Chanell 10... Good coverage, but whats with changing the camera angles after all these years.The different angle at turns 3 & 4 had me confused for a while and the old angle was better.

HRT...................................................Boring

Lowndes.... That was one way to rub everyones nose in it. Well done

Paul Romano.....Paul who. I hes well past his use by date, if he ever had one in the first place.

ill add a couple more

Greg Murphy....Equall equipment to the factory cars and didnt he show them how to use it.I think he would have been very satisfied finishing ahead of Jason bright.

Jason Bright...Did everone notice his slip up on the presentation when he said " Its great for the FORD fans to have a win first up". I think hell be repeating the Holden school of public relations.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 12:11 (Ref:74541)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. A bit like two of the old ATCC rounds on one day. Not a bad idea at least. Pitstops made it confusing for those of us outside of commentary range...but worked out the leader eventually.

2. Impressive

3. Skaife was extremely lucky as there were two of them. Dumb and Splatter, or something like that anyway.

4. I'll get back to you shortly, haven't been able to watch it yet (and look for me).

5. Nice job by the blokes in red

6. Excellent showing

7. He was there? Not sure why he was so far down actually.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 11:39 (Ref:76496)   #7
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1: 45 min races, ok but the 100km sprints @ Eastern Creek will be better

2: Europe don't know what they've lost. Great drive.

3: Yep got some the other day

4: Should give the coverage to Fox Sports

5: **** only won cause they had pole and a clear track ahead, Lowndes did better.

6: Great drive

7: Ok when'd u see him, i saw the 2 K-mart cars, the 2 HRT cars and maybe the HYL car but not sure
Old 2 Apr 2001, 12:06 (Ref:76514)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depending on the angle, the HYL car looks a lot like the HRT cars and very much like last years from the side (apart from EA Sports of course).
Old 3 Apr 2001, 02:13 (Ref:76829)   #9
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
then yeah i saw it once