Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 May 2016, 05:09 (Ref:3643114)   #126
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
GT3 ACO run series is so far a fiasco. Those hypocrites! Empty altruism will not erase what they've done. They must pay.
Old 20 May 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3643137)   #127
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting that the sole Ginetta is entered and driven by Lawrence Tomlinson. Didn't think we would see any factory involvement in an ACO series again.
Old 20 May 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3643244)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Very interesting that the sole Ginetta is entered and driven by Lawrence Tomlinson. Didn't think we would see any factory involvement in an ACO series again.
I guess the allure of driving around le mans was just too great!
Old 20 May 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3643246)   #129
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I would certainly hope there's a little extra to the Ginetta entry - Lawrence Skywalker going up against the Dark side on their turf!

Re the Riley-Ave: didn't I read somewhere the delayed homologation will be finalized on June 22nd? So after LM. Hope we'll see it making its debut at Spielberg then. Also not convinced Ave (and possibly Peterson) will be in the car as Murphy might be looking to rent out the drives again (like at Imola last weekend).
Old 20 May 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3643318)   #130
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

I'm waiting for the pre race BOP adjustment where the Ginetta is given some iron shoes.

Good to see their entry. We've got one of their cars down here but it's not racing at the moment.
Old 21 May 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3643407)   #131
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it curious that AAI has actually retained the ADESS after all, even entering it for the ASLMS Sprint Cup, but they do not bring it to Le Mans, even though they are going to be present in the main race anyways. It's not like they couldn't handle it, I mean they still have (or had) second Corvette in the 24H reserve list too, and in any case it's just 60min support race.

Of course, they're not the only team owning LMP3s and racing in the 24 Hours, but not in the support race. I guess they're just busy enough with world's greatest race
Old 21 May 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3643415)   #132
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I find it curious that AAI has actually retained the ADESS after all, even entering it for the ASLMS Sprint Cup, but they do not bring it to Le Mans, even though they are going to be present in the main race anyways. It's not like they couldn't handle it, I mean they still have (or had) second Corvette in the 24H reserve list too, and in any case it's just 60min support race.

Of course, they're not the only team owning LMP3s and racing in the 24 Hours, but not in the support race. I guess they're just busy enough with world's greatest race

But their LM entry is being run by Prospeed right?

Maybe they would have had to run the Adess themselves which was too much for them
Old 21 May 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3643416)   #133
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's true, I forgot the Prospeed connection.
Old 28 May 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3645076)   #134
Deleted
Veteran

Eurosport to show the Ferrari Challenge, but not Road to Le Mans???
http://www.motorsporten.dk/tvguide.asp

Maybe it will be on Motors. Or ES Player. Or their own ACO streaming. Or info on that Danish site isn't universally reliable. Will see.

It will be a bad mistake from ACO if Eurosport's reason for choosing Ferraris over this race is because of the moved 10AM slot. The last time the [Legends] race wasn't next to warm-up was in 2010 I believe

I also talked about this on the main LM forum, television thread

Last edited by Deleted; 28 May 2016 at 13:46.
Old 28 May 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3645100)   #135
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Eurosport to show the Ferrari Challenge, but not Road to Le Mans???
http://www.motorsporten.dk/tvguide.asp

Maybe it will be on Motors. Or ES Player. Or their own ACO streaming. Or info on that Danish site isn't universally reliable. Will see.

It will be a bad mistake from ACO if Eurosport's reason for choosing Ferraris over this race is because of the moved 10AM slot. The last time the [Legends] race wasn't next to warm-up was in 2010 I believe

I also talked about this on the main LM forum, television thread

They streamed first race on their website and on dailymotion/YouTube.

My guess is no live if Motors don't take it.

Who showed the Aston race last year? I remember watching that live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 May 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3645111)   #136
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
They streamed first race on their website and on dailymotion/YouTube.

My guess is no live if Motors don't take it.

Who showed the Aston race last year? I remember watching that live

Not sure if they stream the LM race given it's special occasion and not part of the ELMS distribution.

For TV and LM, I'm waiting for this document to appear (this is for Imola) as it gives the clearest indication
http://europeanlemansseries.com/web/...bution.pdf.pdf
or this year's version of http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...v-24h-2015.pdf

Regarding the Aston race last year, it was on Sat Feed and ES Player but I don't know where else.

The "second support race" is always harder to find than the other one. I'm just surprised that Eurosport chose Ferrari Challenge given they never before (2011 and 2013) had any interest for it, and they don't cover the series anyway. So it must just be the timing of the race, directly next to warm-up. It's also just 45 min race so it's easier to package to hour long slot than 60min race.
Old 30 May 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3645805)   #137
Deleted
Veteran

I made a dedicated thread for the LM support races so it would probably be more clear if the follow up specific discussion regarding Road to Le Mans went there
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...01#post3645801
Old 2 Jun 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3646558)   #138
Bcarr6
Veteran

Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup

The IDEC Sport Racing Mercedes AMG GT3 of Patrice and Paul Lafargue is looking pretty nice for the Road to LM

Looks like they will have a spotters guide out soon too
Old 11 Jun 2016, 07:23 (Ref:3648850)   #139
Bcarr6
Veteran

Matt Bell into the FFF Racing Team Huracan alongside Marco Attard

Old 18 Jun 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3651246)   #140
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
G'wan Ginetta!
Old 18 Jun 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3651257)   #141
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Who's driving #88 please?
Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3651263)   #142
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Who's driving #88 please?
Perfetti did the first half, now it´s Bachler.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3651265)   #143
Bcarr6
Veteran

This FFF McLaren VS TF Aston fight is going to be a season long thriller I think!

Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3651272)   #144
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Cheers, that explains it.

What's Perfetti up to these days? Was always one of the quickest Am drivers in British GT, good to know he's still going
Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3651279)   #145
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Cheers, that explains it.

What's Perfetti up to these days? Was always one of the quickest Am drivers in British GT, good to know he's still going.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3654530)   #146
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know of somewhere on the internet that I can watch the Road to Le Mans race in full?
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3654538)   #147
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Does anyone know of somewhere on the internet that I can watch the Road to Le Mans race in full?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKedBm-_WTU

-mike
Old 23 Jun 2016, 13:04 (Ref:3654672)   #148
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see an official upload encompassing the whole race!

So, Mike, where's your recap?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3654722)   #149
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Good to see an official upload encompassing the whole race!

So, Mike, where's your recap?
I didn't drive much, so not much to recap. Was going to write up something about the whole week experience though as it was very cool (my first trip to Le Mans in any form). I still want to write up something about my season so far as it's been one of my most interesting and not necessarily due to results or anything like that.

-mike
Old 23 Jun 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3654736)   #150
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Awesome! Thanks for that Mike.

Will look forward to reading your race and season recap. Sounds like there are some good reasons you've had an interesting year. Wishing you success going forward!