Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3468847)   #101
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Perhaps a stupid question, but did they show 'fake' Wilson Security signs at turn 4 all weekend? They weren't visible on any onboard footage and just looked wrong. Apart from that I was really disappointed by FPR's pace all weekend. Mostert was fast again, but obviously lost out in the first part of both races.
Yes, digitally enhanced advertising for our pleasure.

Did anyone else notice the in-car and trackside cameras were out of sync?

Especially noticeable at the end of Sunday's race.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3468849)   #102
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
Denied. My point was 'jump the start & gain advantage"

A huge gulf between the above scenario & a jump of a metre, a stall & the rest of the field sails past.
A jump start is a jump start, if they don't have the talent to go on with the start process, and stall, why should a penalty be waived?
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3469009)   #103
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

Had a couple of digital signs at bathurst as well..

I so so on this, but the digital flags used by F1 on the podiums for some races is a bit much for me..
Old 28 Oct 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3469241)   #104
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:

Not me. Beer goggles got in the way.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3469342)   #105
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 Sec Delay

Quote:

Broadcasting Regulations demand a minimum 7 Sec delay live to broadcast........................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ................................................................................................broa dcast
Old 28 Oct 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3469344)   #106
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In case Crompton drops the C-bomb again?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3470170)   #107
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
In case Crompton drops the C-bomb again?
Chrysler WPS Safety Car?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3470203)   #108
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, no.

Think of a derogatory term for a certain part of the female reproductive system.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3470212)   #109
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite the ravings of some members of the motor sport fraternity trying to talk up the Gold Coast event it remains the worst event on the V8 calendar and an embarrassment to the sport.

There are ways to improve the event.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3470220)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Despite the ravings of some members of the motor sport fraternity trying to talk up the Gold Coast event it remains the worst event on the V8 calendar and an embarrassment to the sport.

There are ways to improve the event.
Any suggestions?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Oct 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3470246)   #111
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe I'm weird, because I see people bashing this event and circuit everywhere I look, but I really like the GC600 event. As much as the chicanes, walls and tires all cause their problems, the camera shots make the whole event worth it for me.

I love the shots of the cars coming into and through the first chicane, and the shot as they exit the back chicane as they are hard on the power as the car settles. I liked it better during the last generation of cars as it seemed like the soft rear setup meant that the rear settled quicker and they carried the front tire a bit, but it's still good.

Up on two wheels and the suspension compressing as it settling back down before squatting on its nose while on the brakes, and then just a hint of oversteer when on the power again... the cars look dramatic and it's all part of the "beauty" in going fast, and this track brings it out and shows it very well I think.

Not to say it's perfect or anything, but I quite enjoy it and look forward to it every year.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3470318)   #112
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Ah, no.

Think of a derogatory term for a certain part of the female reproductive system.
Did Crompton say cervix on air?..........that's not derogatory, its weird.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3470325)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
its quite possible that is the first time that word has ever been used on ten tenths

Unfortunately with GC the track has changed and not for the better, but we cant go back now (so im led to believe due to the light rail) and so now we have to make the track as best as we can.
They did a good job with the kerbs rule this year. reckon that was a positive and not much tyre bundle issues.

There was a late race slow mo of jamies car in a chicane. No tyre marks on the front at all. Front intact.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3470373)   #114
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Almost.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3470388)   #115
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Almost.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3470398)   #116
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBvCplFrBI
Old 1 Nov 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3470407)   #117
Henry Windsor
Rookie

Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua, Barbados
Henry Windsor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the Gold Coast event and travel a long way every year to be there, the atmosphere there is great, you should try going to Winton, or Barbagello and see the difference
Old 1 Nov 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3470412)   #118
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Windsor View Post
I love the Gold Coast event and travel a long way every year to be there, the atmosphere there is great, you should try going to Winton, or Barbagello and see the difference
At the end of the day it's just personal preference, neither is better or worse than the other.

I've been to the Gold Coast in the past, but i make more effort to go to the likes of Winton, PI or QR each year, simply because i like watching cars race and can more of the track at these places, get better photo opps and so on.

I have been to every Saturday and Sunday of the Homebush 500 since it's inception though, and will be there again this year for both days.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3470414)   #119
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, no.

*woosh*
Old 1 Nov 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3470462)   #120
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apples for apples..... no comparison.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3470464)   #121
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apples for apples..... no comparison.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3472691)   #122
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
its quite possible that is the first time that word has ever been used on ten tenths

Unfortunately with GC the track has changed and not for the better, but we cant go back now (so im led to believe due to the light rail) and so now we have to make the track as best as we can.
They did a good job with the kerbs rule this year. reckon that was a positive and not much tyre bundle issues.

There was a late race slow mo of jamies car in a chicane. No tyre marks on the front at all. Front intact.
Sorry for late reply Pecky, you can't go back to the old track because the light rail (trams) run down the middle of road with poles for overhead power between tracks and raised concrete covered platforms for the stops also in the middle of road.