Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Dec 2017, 03:35 (Ref:3785178)   #1401
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting, you can still see the old arrangement of spring/dampers (transversal). BTW I can't see the difference on the aero (the sidepods have changed?)

Quote:
***The BAR1 Motorsports Riley Mk. 30 Gibson is sporting aero updates only, with the Multimatic-developed mechanical developments, allowed via the FIA/ACO’s ‘Joker’, scheduled to arrive by the end of the month. More than 20 hours of wind tunnel time has been conducted with the aero updates, according to team owner Brian Alder.

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 5 Dec 2017 at 03:44.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3785237)   #1402
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Those matters rarely caused issues last year, so I don't see them being fixed actually changing much.
Did you not watch the end of Petit? The entire end was disrupted by GTs starting ahead of prototypes, thus changing that rule changes an entire race. But maybe that's not much to some?
Old 5 Dec 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3785251)   #1403
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Did you not watch the end of Petit?
No. No I didn't. Not even on replay.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 19:56 (Ref:3785297)   #1404
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Did you not watch the end of Petit? The entire end was disrupted by GTs starting ahead of prototypes, thus changing that rule changes an entire race. But maybe that's not much to some?
Please actually read my comment. I never said it didn't happen, I said those matters RARELY caused issues last year. Some issues at the end of a single race does not suddenly mean it was happening all the time.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3785301)   #1405
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Please actually read my comment. I never said it didn't happen, I said those matters RARELY caused issues last year. Some issues at the end of a single race does not suddenly mean it was happening all the time.
Nope, I red your comment in the snippy smart ass way you intended. Sorry but if the end of one of the crown jewel events was distorted by it, plus sorry but that was a talking point all season, then it is a MAJOR point of the year. You will not be able to argue your way out of the ridiculously poor word choice/phrasing. You were wrong, own and be more thoughtful with your phrasing. I will respond every time, with what your words actually say and will destroy your complete and utter lack of control of the English language.

Now feel free to cry to admins that I'm being mean, and I'll take my time out. But know you are wrong and really should re-read before you post and understand MOST of us have better control of our language than you.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3785317)   #1406
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Huh, looks like an lmp3
Old 6 Dec 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3785337)   #1407
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
wow.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3785338)   #1408
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody know if there was any unofficial timing at the Daytona test today?
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3785340)   #1409
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does anybody know if there was any unofficial timing at the Daytona test today?
I tried to find it, but didn't have luck. It looks like they wanted the test to stay private in every sense.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:24 (Ref:3785341)   #1410
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racer had some good stuff today in general imsa news. WTR is still working towards a Lambo GTD program.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14612...i-gtd-dialogue

On S365 imsa makes the point this isn't a bop test.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ca...ifferent-cars/
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3785347)   #1411
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
S365 News and Notes from Daytona (Tuesday)

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...ay-notebook-6/

So, in fact:

- No official lap times
- Ligier still with the old splitter
- Riley without new suspension
- Penske #7 sidelined with problems
- Spirit of Daytona Racing waiting for a Cadillac. Why don't they get a Dallara?
- Pipo Derani with jet lag hahaha

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 6 Dec 2017 at 02:05.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3785348)   #1412
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course Mazda couldn’t run because of engine issues.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3785432)   #1413
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Of course Mazda couldn’t run because of engine issues.
77 was out there:

***The opening day of the IMSA-sanctioned Daytona test saw 17 of the 18 entered (see below) cars take to the track, with only the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P not turning laps as it underwent a precautionary engine change following issues from a recent test at Sebring. [from http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...y-notebook-6/]

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...entry_list.pdf
Old 6 Dec 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3785444)   #1414
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without full factory support 3GT is struggling to find money/Sponsorship to run a second Lexus according to SC365.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3785445)   #1415
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
S365 News and Notes from Daytona (Tuesday)

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...ay-notebook-6/

So, in fact:

- No official lap times
- Ligier still with the old splitter
- Riley without new suspension
- Penske #7 sidelined with problems
- Spirit of Daytona Racing waiting for a Cadillac. Why don't they get a Dallara?
- Pipo Derani with jet lag hahaha
The earlier article i posted said this wasn't a bop test, then that notebook says IMSA was having cars run 4-5 laps, come in for ride height and wing adjustments then go back out. Sounds like bop testing to me.

Also, they have introduced fuel flow meters as part of the double check on burn rates in imsa so they can adjust tank sizes
Old 6 Dec 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3785453)   #1416
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The earlier article i posted said this wasn't a bop test, then that notebook says IMSA was having cars run 4-5 laps, come in for ride height and wing adjustments then go back out. Sounds like bop testing to me.

Also, they have introduced fuel flow meters as part of the double check on burn rates in imsa so they can adjust tank sizes
I think it is a homologation test.

Chris
Old 6 Dec 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3785466)   #1417
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The more data they get, the better. They said that there won't be fuel flow changes, it's only to have another measurement.

There are several new things on the cars, spliter, engines, suspension, aero.

BTW, how good the Acura sounds on the banking.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3785489)   #1418
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
New parts at the front of the #10

#7 showing some colour

New lights on the Nissan?

Pictures from Motorsport

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 6 Dec 2017 at 18:31.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3785525)   #1419
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Nope, I red your comment in the snippy smart ass way you intended.
If that's how you read it, then no - you did NOT read it the way I intended.

Quote:
plus sorry but that was a talking point all season,
It was a talking point all year, but it still wasn't happening anywhere near as much as was made out to be. Particularly issues with LMPC(for obvious reasons).

Quote:
But know you are wrong and really should re-read before you post and understand MOST of us have better control of our language than you.
I have full control over my language. It's not my fault you chose to deliberately misinterpret my statement by assuming I was being, in your own words, a "snippy smart *** way."

But I'm not going to keep dragging that out. I'll just let you behave however poorly you wish.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 6 Dec 2017 at 22:02.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3785535)   #1420
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
But I'm not going to keep dragging that out.
But you have!

You are right it shouldn’t be dragged out any further.

This has been reviewed by the staff and consider it closed. Thank you.

Let’s get back to the interesting things happening on track. I’m seeing the racing cars and how they get on as we move towards Daytona...
Old 7 Dec 2017, 03:04 (Ref:3785573)   #1421
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
WTR had their engine confiscated by Imsa so they had to go home early. Couldn't they wait until after the dang test???

Quote:
***The engine from the Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R was impounded by IMSA following the morning session, forcing the team to pack up early. It’s understood the engine will be sent to NASCAR’s R&D center in Concord N.C. for further evaluation, with rumors of potentially another engine from the test also having been taken.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...ay-notebook-7/
Old 7 Dec 2017, 03:39 (Ref:3785574)   #1422
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
WTR had their engine confiscated by Imsa so they had to go home early. Couldn't they wait until after the dang test???
I thought the same. Van der Zande made only 20 laps on the car.

On ther other side, Onroak's aero update for the Ligier arrived later, making Derani's 30 hours flight from Japan a nonsense trip.

We know, this is an IMSA test, and not a team's test, but come on!.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3785602)   #1423
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why GM engine has been confiscated by IMSA?

maybe IMSA wants to find out how the beast can be as powerfull as other engines and have a better fuel milliage with >10L less in fuel tank
Old 7 Dec 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3785631)   #1424
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To take the engine before the test is over and force a team to go home, it suggests foul play. If it was just to see what it can do, it'd be at the end of the test.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3785634)   #1425
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
To take the engine before the test is over and force a team to go home, it suggests foul play. If it was just to see what it can do, it'd be at the end of the test.
Also makes me wonder if they already knew this last year but let it slide as wtr won the first five races and the championship.