Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 5 Apr 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3054290)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Veggie Santa Pod RWYB (Run What Ya Brung)

For a bit of fun I thought I'd do this. Not even sure what in. I could take the MGB or just do it in my Estate?! Details here: www.rwyb.co.uk

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of this? Is it a good day out? Better than a stately home surely? I like the idea of a relaxed day, but with a bit of throttle.

(BTW, I have no idea which forum to post this in, but it road cars are suitable - as is anything it seems).
Old 6 Apr 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3054374)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
lol...... OK, so first Monday in April..... the day when we'll just happen to be driving back towards the ferry from Snett...... hmmmmm

Nah, EP would kill me!
Old 6 Apr 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3054402)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
For a bit of fun I thought I'd do this. Not even sure what in. I could take the MGB or just do it in my Estate?! Details here: www.rwyb.co.uk

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of this? Is it a good day out? Better than a stately home surely? I like the idea of a relaxed day, but with a bit of throttle.

(BTW, I have no idea which forum to post this in, but it road cars are suitable - as is anything it seems).
Hey Adam, I used to do RWYBs in my legends car. I used to have great fun going up and down the strip, there a usually plenty of cars to pair yoursel against from standard cars to proper dragsters. if you get hooked then have a look at some of the lifestyle events like retro ford day and such like as they have more of an atmosphere to them and also take a look at shakespere county raceway as they do them too
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3055963)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
lol...... OK, so first Monday in April..... the day when we'll just happen to be driving back towards the ferry from Snett...... hmmmmm

Nah, EP would kill me!
Tell you what - you put Asbo down the strip and I'll put my tractor down it just for a laugh.

Does the clock go above 30 secs?
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3055965)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just reading the site and it seems you just turn up!? No booking, joining a club, registering, or anything like that!
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3055967)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last time I went was a civil service car club event.

I did it in a (then standard) UK Impreza Turbo and got mullered by a modded Maestro Turbo.

Twice.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3055978)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Just reading the site and it seems you just turn up!? No booking, joining a club, registering, or anything like that!
Yup! That's the jist of it! Keep an eye on the weather to make sure it's dry, take cash and your drivers helmet and go have some fun!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3058721)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have done a similar thing locally, a good bit of fun just don't get too carried away or it can be a bit hard on the clutch (or other driveline bits). If you can get away with it there is usually no need to stop accelerating at the 400m mark, 200mph+ cars mean there is lots of room for a bit more & still have plenty of braking distance
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3059826)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I went along, paid £25 and had a go. Someone also let me have a go in their MX5. I got pummelled by 5s! Although he did have a 3l V6 rather than the 1.6 I had!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3059831)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I went along, paid £25 and had a go. Someone also let me have a go in their MX5. I got pummelled by 5s! Although he did have a 3l V6 rather than the 1.6 I had!
Did you enjoy it though, what was ur best et??
Old 16 Apr 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3060472)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It was good fun. Very addictive.
18s in the MX5. The owner, well the boyfriend of the owner, did it in 17.2s. She didn't mind! I did it in 14.9s in an E-Type.

What times did you get?