Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 9 Mar 2000, 13:02 (Ref:3118)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biggest Boshes.....

So now the new season is coming up, the question has to be asked... what is the biggest racing accident you’ve ever seen (with you own eyes), perhaps only ones that the driver(s) have walked away from!!

I’m not a great fan of CRASH videos, but usually do manage time to watch the Castle Combe video of the year... lot’s of comedy moments and a scary standard of driving involved..

I’ll use the excuse that it’s research for my marshalling, so I know what to expect at different places..

Difficult to think of mine, but six Formula Fords off in one go at Old Paddock (Castle Combe), is well up there.

Biggest near miss - (Castle Combe again I’m afraid) Ferrari F40 leaving Avon Rise, then not stopping until the grass at the outside of Quarry Out. You wouldn’t have thought it was possible!!
Old 11 Mar 2000, 00:11 (Ref:3119)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Superlight R rolling 14 times into Quarry Corner (Combe). That was a cool one!
That f40, is it the one that missed the ambulance by a few feet ?
Old 13 Mar 2000, 00:07 (Ref:3120)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, that's the one - it was pretty impressive, but could have been extremely expensive / nasty...

Saw the Caterham crash on video, rather him than me..

Can you remember the time that the break down truck pulled out of the pit road access (by Camp), just as the winners of the Ferrari race were coming round to collect their trophies.... it was all rather embarassing and expensive (for the ferrari driver rather than the breakdown owner!!).
Old 15 Mar 2000, 22:05 (Ref:3121)   #4
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MUST AGREE
THAT F40 WAS A BIT OF A CLOSE ON SEEING I WAS AT QUARRY WATCHING THAT RACE.

THAT 205 THAT HIT A METRO ON CAMP WAS COOL WELL THAT WHAT THE DRIVER TOLD ME !!

MUST ALSO SAY ABOUT THAT TRUCK RACE AT DAYTONA WITH GEOFF BODINE.THIS WAS THE WORST CRASH I HAVE EVER SEEN HE WAS VERY LUCKY TO GET OUT >>>>>>>
Old 16 Mar 2000, 13:52 (Ref:3122)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The really only exciting incidents I had the priviledge of seeing first hand were both at the IMSA/SCCA Grand Prix at Dallas in 1996. The first happened in the pouring rain during the Endurance GT race when a Pontiac Firebird swapped ends under braking and went through two sets of tire barriers before landing on top of the third. He rejoined the race with minimal damage to the car. The other came the next day during the World Sporst Car race. Johnny O'Connell, Max Papis, and Butch Leitzinger tried to go three wide in the first gear turn at the end of the straight. O'Connell bounced his Screaming Eagle Riley & Scott off of the concrete barrier right in front of us (about 3 feet away) and kept on going. I was the only one left standing in the fence.
Old 16 Mar 2000, 14:07 (Ref:3123)   #6
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
biggest for me would be August 99 Brandshatch BTCC - Formula Vauxhall

at Paddock Hill Bend when one of the cars hit the back of the one in front approaching the bend, took off, rolled in the air and landed behind the barriers!

don't remember who was driving but he walked away, there wasn't much of the car left!

anyone else see it?