Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recomend me a game with Silverstone GP and Spa GP Circuits

All,

Easy one for you guys I guess:

Can someone recomend me a game that has a good represenation of both Silverstone GP and Spa GP in there most recent incarnation?

My series (TTRS) is going to both of these this year, and as I have never done either, I would like to know what is coming over that blind brow, other than an expensive crash.

Format wise I have a PS2 and a PC (bit slow though).

Cheers

Rob

P.S. I'm not intending to "Learn the Circuit", as I know even the best sims struggle to get over the various lumps and bumps that exist in real life, just have a better idea of what is coming next and hopefully reduce my learning time when I am there.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2172354)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you don't want realism, there's Toca Race Driver 3 for PS2 and PC.
There's rFactor for PC, there are mod versions of those two but I don't think either of them are actually included in rF itself.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2172439)   #3
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool,

Does TOCA Race Driver 3 have Spa with it's new not-a-bus-stop chicane?

Cheers

Rob
Old 7 Apr 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2172457)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nah TRD3 has the pre 2007 bus stop chicane it it. I'm not sure if there is any game with it in it. But have a look at some mods for rFactor or something.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2172936)   #5
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix 4 has a version of the new 2007 busstop, but its abit poor. It is also in rfactor, and there is a new 2007 version of Spa in the works for rfactor.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2173151)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd definately go rFactor.

Or GTR2, if it has them.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 15 Apr 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2178154)   #7
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally, I would go for GTR 2 and look for the rFactor Silverstone Download for GTR2.

Spa has 2 layouts (03 and 04) 07 is being made I think. It certainly gives you an idea of the rest of the layout. Also the rfactor Silverstone version is as close as you can get. It has 3 layouts with it, all current.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2178156)   #8
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All depends what you want to drive round them, If you want F1 then it realy has to be rfactor then there is a large collection of grand prix mods from '55 right up to mmg 2007 F1 which is very good and I believe there is to be a 2008 skin pack soon. If you want GT's then GTR2 has the edge on game smoothness and sounds, if you are a crash em and bash em Touring car fan then Race 07 mods and extras for gtr2 and race 07 can be found easily at nogrip