Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jun 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2478108)   #1
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Australian F1 GP & V8 Supercars

Hey guys,

I know this is probably the wrong section but I'd like a bit of advice on attending this event, and I knew there'd be quite a few in this forum that will have previously attended. Could you take a couple of seconds to advise here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...07#post2478107

Oh, and there are usually some "Australasian Touring Cars" there
Old 10 Jun 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2478888)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Australian Grand Prix is a top event, provided they don't have another ticketing cock-up like this years event!
Best place is the main straight, everything seems to revolve around this area from the airshow acts through to the F1 circus prior to the start of the Grand Prix. It was my first GP, but you have to love them Formula 5000's for the entree, V8's are fantastic at Albert Park and the F1 boys well are just mind boggling from the noise through to the acceleration!!!
We stayed in the city and caught the free tram down each day. The most important thing is to be near a big screen TV so that you can see who is doing what, earphones or a headset for the noise and enjoy!

Note to Mr Walker and co, as a paying punter through the front-gate when I rock up I want the grandstand seat that I have paid for, not spend half a day being stuffed about by various muppets who smile sweetly and nod their head!!!!!
Old 11 Jun 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2479715)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Kingair;2478888]
Best place is the main straight, everything seems to revolve around this area from the airshow acts through to the F1 circus prior to the start of the Grand Prix. The circus might be on the main straight but it is the worst place to actually watch racing.I would recommend the stands at the beginning and end of the straight (Prost and Brabham) and the stand at turn 9.It is definitely worthwhile paying the extra for a stand ticket although general admission at Albert Park is many times better than general admission at Adelaide or Surfers Paradise.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 02:50 (Ref:2480694)   #4
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a spectator,
inside of turn 6, on the little concrete steps.
You will see who is on it, specially during qualifing.

That's where I used to watch from.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2483565)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been there three times, grandstand at turn 9 is very good. I will never again go as general admission, I'm 6' tall and I could see bugger all.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2484550)   #6
aussiefveeracer
Rookie

Australia
aussiefveeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turn 3 and 4 has the most "incidents", but turn 5 had its fair share as well this year.
Cause of poor corporate sales, that whole area (except for inside from 3 to 4) was open to general admin ticket holders this year.