Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2964792)   #1
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fanvision for 2012

Does anyone know if they already announced something for next year or are they letting us down again like they did this year? Maybe it's up to us fans to pressure them early into making a deal with the ACO for next year?
Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2964801)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Does anyone know if they already announced something for next year or are they letting us down again like they did this year? Maybe it's up to us fans to pressure them early into making a deal with the ACO for next year?
I wondered if a thread like this would surface.

They haven't announced anything. I don't actually think it's fair to say they let us down this year given the company change. It does sound like they genuinely tried to send units to Le Mans but, for reasons (cost?) I don't entirely understand, it wasn't viable.

In August they posted something on twitter thanking their followers or something similar.

I took that opportunity to post:
Quote:
@FanVisionF1 Only reason I follow is/was for information regarding Le Mans. I hope you can try and work through the issues to return.
To which they replied:
Quote:
@RichardSimpson1 So do we - it's such a great event, thanks for your support!
So yeah hopefully with it being a WEC event and with a bit more time on their side they can sort something out. As we demonstrated on here earlier this year there is certainly the demand for units. Here's hoping.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2964907)   #3
FanVision Motorsport
Rookie

FanVision Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Message from FanVision

Hey guys,

Thanks for your support. We're following your threads and comments closely and are working hard to be part of even more motorsport events than our current properties, including LeMans. It's great to get emails from our fans and it's helpful when they also go to the governing motorport bodies as well... Let's people know that our product is appreciated and essential for the races!

Thanks again for your support and stay tuned!

FanVision
Old 3 Oct 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2964922)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanVision Motorsport View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for your support. We're following your threads and comments closely and are working hard to be part of even more motorsport events than our current properties, including LeMans. It's great to get emails from our fans and it's helpful when they also go to the governing motorport bodies as well... Let's people know that our product is appreciated and essential for the races!

FanVision
Thanks for coming on here to address the situation. Your product certainly is appreciated and best of luck in getting back to La Sarthe.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2964933)   #5
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
The availability of fan vision will largely decide whether I will attend the race next year so I hope they pull it off!
Old 3 Oct 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2965076)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well I hope it makes it next year a small investment from everyone on our campsite will secure at least one although several are happy to have there own. it was missed this year and figures crossed it will be there for 2012
Old 4 Oct 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2965376)   #7
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanVision Motorsport View Post
Hey guys,

FanVision
Thanks for the reply. Hope you guys can make it next year, really like your service and would like to make use of it once again.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2965625)   #8
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to sound like a total noob, but what exactly is FanVision?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2965664)   #9
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
I don't want to sound like a total noob, but what exactly is FanVision?
portable tv like device which has multiple streams of the race. one main videostream with the tv stream and other streams with onboard cameras. There also is a way to see the current standings. IE who is leading and who is second etc.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2965781)   #10
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most certainly hope it will be available in 2012. We had a Kangaroo in 2010 and it was great fun.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2965819)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
The availability of fan vision will largely decide whether I will attend the race next year so I hope they pull it off!
You are kidding, surely?

Having Kangaroo TV in 2010 was a real bonus and yes, I missed it at times this year, but it's just an added bonus.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2966159)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You are kidding, surely?

Having Kangaroo TV in 2010 was a real bonus and yes, I missed it at times this year, but it's just an added bonus.
I was thinking the same. I was expecting that without it I'd miss large amounts of the action but that really wasn't the case.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2966211)   #13
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I was thinking the same. I was expecting that without it I'd miss large amounts of the action but that really wasn't the case.
I missed it to but radio le mans really kept me up to date. They are just so easy to take them with you for a walk along the circuit without having to rely on the videoscreens.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2966215)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I missed it to but radio le mans really kept me up to date. They are just so easy to take them with you for a walk along the circuit without having to rely on the videoscreens.
Yeah I imagine it gives you a lot more freedom. I was a bit gutted because we went to get the shuttle bus and missed the demise of the lead Vette where we had been standing minutes earlier. Would have been perfect for something like that.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2966232)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
It was a welcome addition to my stay, I wouldn't shed a tear if it is not available. On the other hand if it comes back I will surely rent one again.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2966570)   #16
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
It was a welcome addition to my stay, I wouldn't shed a tear if it is not available. On the other hand if it comes back I will surely rent one again.
I just hope they will extend the range a bit more. In 2008 I was in Beausjesour and that was just out of range. I don't know what experience others had but I imagine Tertre Rouge was also out of range?
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2966586)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It really would need to cover all the campsites and the back of the circuit, i.e. Mulsanne and Arnage and Indianapolis.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2966745)   #18
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
It really would need to cover all the campsites and the back of the circuit, i.e. Mulsanne and Arnage and Indianapolis.
Maybe they can bring back the Goodyear blip and use that for broadcasting
Old 6 Oct 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2966826)   #19
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Surely this should be the point of having it, when you are furthest away from the main grandstand area!!!
Old 1 Dec 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2993822)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely, if you're in sight of a big screen, you're probably not going to need it - although you do have the flexibility of video/live timing as you want it.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3013551)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
comments appearing on other forums that fanvision have confirmed that they will not be at le mans 2012, shame but not unexpected
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3013556)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
comments appearing on other forums that fanvision have confirmed that they will not be at le mans 2012, shame but not unexpected
haha it never rains but it pours. Wasn't expecting them to be there.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3013695)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
After doing without it last year, I must admit I hadn't really thought about it again. We'll survive well enough without.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3014044)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Not a very good vision about us sportscarfans !
Old 28 Jan 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3018241)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Boo, hiss. Such a shame.