Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will replace JPM? (PS your vote will have no influence on FW's decision!)
Webber 34 40.48%
Fisico 3 3.57%
Button 23 27.38%
Rubens 0 0%
Nelsinho 5 5.95%
Nico 1 1.19%
Pizzonia 4 4.76%
Gene 6 7.14%
Alonso 2 2.38%
Others-state 6 7.14%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Feb 2004, 12:51 (Ref:873095)   #26
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barichello was apparently their first choice - they even had initial talks with him. He prefers to be number 2 at Ferrari, though, and has signed on 'til 2006. Ferrari will be lucky to ever find another driver who's quite so ... "accommodating". After him, I think Button is their next choice, then Webber. Webber has some political, and probably financial, baggage courtesy of his relationship with Flavour Flav, plus Button is already familiar to the Williams guys. He's was less irritatingly chirpy/flirty in 2003 than in previous seasons too

For both of them, though, a lot depends on how their current teams perform this year. If Button still can't get on the podium, he'll be talking to Williams by mid-year. If Jaguar fall back into their old ways of mediocrity and disappointment, Webber will be looking at Renault and maybe Williams.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 13:19 (Ref:873126)   #27
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
I wouldn't be so sure with Bernie pushing Webber's barrow this week & Bernie has a habit of getting what Bernie wants.
Not sure even Bernie can influence Sir Frank.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 13:22 (Ref:873128)   #28
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sir Frank is certainly his own man and makes his own decisions... though one has to wonder about the BMW/Ralf connection!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 13:42 (Ref:873147)   #29
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button/Webber/Fisico deserve it the most especially if there cars arent competitive this year. In my opinion Ralf dosent really deserve it but i suppose it also depends on what happens with Michael in the near future. Plus with Nelsinho and Nico being inexperienced and so far not quick enough they shouldnt get the drive. Frank should go for a quick reliable driver like Button,Webber or Fisico then they will get results!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 14:35 (Ref:873206)   #30
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
For both of them, though, a lot depends on how their current teams perform this year. If Button still can't get on the podium, he'll be talking to Williams by mid-year. If Jaguar fall back into their old ways of mediocrity and disappointment, Webber will be looking at Renault and maybe Williams.
The other way around is just as likely - if Jenson or Mark manage great things and drag these under-perfoming teams to the podium once or twice it will gain them more credibility than if their respective teams continue to fail. Personally i think Button will be moving to a better team because he is goinng to get some good results for BAR his year, and Webber will also be on his way but in his case because Jaguar will not able to give him the car he deserves but other team bosss already know his potential.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 20:38 (Ref:873555)   #31
DaveOrama
Rookie

DaveOrama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like most I agree that Button will replace JPM. I think Webber will arrive if Ralf can't come to an agreement.

Webber may go to Renault (they are looking good this year...so far) but that will depend on Trulli's performance there.

It would be great to see Button and Webber at Williams.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 21:03 (Ref:873579)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Trulli doesn't do enough to be kept on at Renault, he's most likely to be replaced by Frank Montagny.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 22:18 (Ref:873628)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Maybe, but i still think Webber has an inside line with Flavio and Renault-something about an option for 2005/2007.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 11:45 (Ref:874058)   #34
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jaques villeneuve get's my vote
There must be times when Joann Villeneuve still doubts her wisdom in letting Jacques step in to that little kart at Imola all those years ago, but race fans around the world are eternally grateful, for in Jacques we have a racer of the old school, and a legend in his own right.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 11:50 (Ref:874064)   #35
oblivion
Rookie

oblivion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella-Button would be a cool line-up.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 13:17 (Ref:874111)   #36
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a good cheap alternative (Something I'm sure Frank likes) would be Sebastien Bourdais. He was impressive in ChampCars last year, the boy has potential.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 18 Feb 2004, 10:59 (Ref:878151)   #37
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
I think a good cheap alternative (Something I'm sure Frank likes) would be Sebastien Bourdais.
Agree. I hope Bourdais has a chance in F1.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 11:12 (Ref:878160)   #38
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it be really great if F1 had more than 4 really good teams?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 18 Feb 2004, 11:40 (Ref:878183)   #39
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly would. It'd be great if someone other than the big three could win the title too. Things are looking promising with BAR, though not to the level of them actually challenging for the title yet, and Renault do look strong.

I'd still like there to be more opportunity for new teams to come in.

I think that Button and Webber are the most likely replacements for JPM.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:04 (Ref:878200)   #40
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos Verstappen clearly deserves the seat!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:17 (Ref:878205)   #41
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would people say Frank Montangy is favoured over Mark Webber ?
Surely a driver with f1 experience would be given the seat over a hot shot... maybe Flavio could broker a deal that saw Webber go to Williams free of charge if Jaguar got an extended contract with Frank Montangny..
Or even a clean swap.. Frank for Mark in the event of Trulli getting the kick out.

-jason
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:25 (Ref:878216)   #42
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Villenueve will be doing something in '05, in an interview with, um, was it Forsythe when asked about Villenueve @ PK he said "blah blah blah don't know about next year, 05 they have a plan for F1"

So yeah, i'ld like
Villeneuve
or Button/Webber
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:27 (Ref:878220)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Korr
You're pushing Wrex's patience !
Old 18 Feb 2004, 13:41 (Ref:878300)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm going for some outsiders!

Considering Williams excellent relationship with Ganassi in the past, there are one or 2 others to consider.

I previously thought that Scott Dixon could only get to F1 with Toyota, but why not Williams?! He's be cheap and more than likely on the pace before too long!

Bourdais? Prob not in the limelight enough though.

Jeff Gordon would be a brilliant marketing coup though and there is little doubting his talent is there?! Come on Bernie make it happen!!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 14:12 (Ref:878328)   #45
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wbber will go to Renault - both managed by Flav; that way he negotiates a pay deal with himslef and pockets a healthy percentage while still being able to sell him on if he wants to.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 14:15 (Ref:878334)   #46
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Korr
A pay driver in a Williams? Nahhhhh... To Frank that would be an absolute insult.

With respect, what's he done to deserve a Williams drive? A couple of podiums. He might have to be a little better than that.

A quick note: this isn't an attack on Jos. If he was that bad he wouldn't have been in F1 for years and years. But he isn't good enough, IMHO, for Williams.

Last edited by DriverT; 18 Feb 2004 at 14:20.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 02:07 (Ref:878947)   #47
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos and Villinurve are finished in F1.At their ages you don't get a secound chance after being away for a year.Flav will arange a deal for Webber to be with Williams and pocket a health amount of change.Sir Frank knows whos quick and who can set up a car.His first choice will be Webber.Button didn't impress when first at Williams so I think Frank will want someone from another team thats just as goog as what he is replaceing.We must remember Frank is in the business to win not run in the middle.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 19 Feb 2004 at 02:11.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 02:11 (Ref:878950)   #48
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JPM's seat : Webber or Alonso

Ralf's seat (if it happens) : Alonso or Heidfeld
Old 19 Feb 2004, 06:26 (Ref:879018)   #49
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope webber gets it. He deserves it and he has all the determination and motivation, along with raw talent, that could really help williams.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 06:41 (Ref:879028)   #50
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
JPM's seat : Webber or Alonso

Ralf's seat (if it happens) : Alonso or Heidfeld

I agree that Heidfeld has a shout if he can push the Jordan this year, but Alonso will go to Ferrari. Don't rule out Villeneuve though, if Ralf leaves as well, he's got a chance. I would love to see him back in a competitive car.