Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2001, 12:25 (Ref:84394)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you think was the best Super Touring Car to take part in the local ASTC? There's the awesome Audi, the BMW's, even in later years the Volvos.

I dont think I will ever forget the 4wd Audi, especially going up the Eastern Loop at Lakesdide, never in my life have i seen a tin top go so quickly on that part of the track.

The Volvo had the screaming engine....while the BMW's were incredible....

Your turn..
Old 24 Apr 2001, 14:45 (Ref:84457)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I liked Bob tweedie's Vauxhall..it looked great and in the right hands was a potent car ..when Brooke tatnell drove one (not sure if it was Bob's or not) he was pretty quick in it.

but the Audi's were probably one of the best ST cars ever built but I loved the sound of the Volvos and loved the station wagon..but the BMW has to be the most successfull car in australia anyway and its a fine motor car as well.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 03:17 (Ref:84651)   #3
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally loved to see the Hyundai Lantra and Toyota Camry. Perhaps, it was b/c these cars were rarely used for ST and the fact they are also sold in NA?
Old 25 Apr 2001, 03:52 (Ref:84659)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Volvo S40 for me, especially as it screamed around Bathurst. There's also something about the 850 estate.

Apart from that, Phil Ward's Mercedes Benz 190E, especially when it had the dual-plane wing.

The Audi was a great car too as was the BMW.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 05:58 (Ref:84668)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not only was the Audi Quattro very quick up the hill at Lakeside, you could cleary see that it was braking so much later than the other cars, perhaps 20-40m.

The Volvo S40 was a great looking car and sounded even better, but my favourite was the Diet Coke BMW.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 07:36 (Ref:84677)   #6
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cornish's Accord
Old 25 Apr 2001, 08:00 (Ref:84680)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The Beamers were the most successful - but I'm an all-wheel-drive man myself, so the Audi' s are the ants pants 4 me.

Does anyone remember the battle at Lakeside between Jones, Murphy and Morris. One of the best races I have seen in years. 3 wide through the kink - fantastic
Old 25 Apr 2001, 12:38 (Ref:84711)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bah, I've seen 4 geminis come in and out of the kink at Lakeside...not as fast, but bloody impressive

I always liked the look of the Accord, but the older it got, the more smashed it got, the less it looks like an Accord in my opinion.