Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2001, 10:23 (Ref:86507)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get rid of the compulsory pitstops - they are a joke. Eastern Creek dispalyed this to us today.

Glenn Seton was clearly the driver who was fastest in the first race. Apart from the overtaking attempt by Lowndes, he was unchalleneged. But then came the pitstops. Half the field pitted. Glenn was one of the few who didn't. Then we see Paul Romano in the gravel, and the safety car out. Suddenly Glenn has to make a stop with the whole field bunched up behind him. He rejoins at the back of the field, and finishes about 16th. On the other hand, Mark Skaife qualifies tenths, has a fairly boring race, and finsihes second, down purely to luck (and the two Falcons thrown out of first and second).

Some might say Skaife won due to superior strategy. THAT WAS NOT STRATEGY, IT WAS LUCK! As far as I can see, Seton's team preformaned better than, or equally as good as Skaife's, and therefore deserved the win.

AVESCO, or whoever is in charge, get rid of the compulsory pitstops, or you will turn the whole thing into a circus! What is wrong with the 2x 30 minute format of a five years ago? Now, does anyone agree, or is this on of those cases were I post some thing and everyone disagress

Seton - he led race one, was fast and did nothing wrong all day. But he finished at the back of the field...

Last edited by DNQ; 29 Apr 2001 at 10:25.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 10:44 (Ref:86509)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just spent the day in the Grandstand at Eastern Creek and witnessed some of the most exciting racing I have ever seen. From the grandstand we could see down into the pits and the crowd was constantly in awe at the action in pits - it truly was awesome.

Glen Seton got unlucky that's all - could have happened to anybody - today it just happened to be Glen.

If anyone should be claiming that they were robbed it should be Lowndes and Ambrose.

I’m a Holden man through and through but I just don’t feel right about the Holden 1,2,3 that eventuated today.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 10:57 (Ref:86510)   #3
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree.

howeva the same thing happens in the BTCC.

Maytbe the V8's should do a pit stop in 2nd race only
Old 29 Apr 2001, 12:00 (Ref:86526)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a sad sad day

OH well...always Hidden Valley, traditionally a HRT voodoo cricuit.
Old 1 May 2001, 03:56 (Ref:87413)   #5
White Knight

Pitstops and luck

While I think pitstop are a waste of time, anybody who din't stop for tyres as soon as the pit window opened must have had rocks in their head.

You had to look at Canberra last year and Adelaide just recently. The early pit call is paramount. No such as thing as luck. End of story.

Old 1 May 2001, 04:44 (Ref:87421)   #6
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fake pitstops are an assault on the intelligence of the racegoers... that's the long and the short of it.

That they bring in variables that can cause a deserving driver to lose a race is simply stupid.

Typical AVESCO...
Old 1 May 2001, 09:29 (Ref:87455)   #7
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray Bell AVESCO didn't make the decision on the pit stops. It was CAMs. Who also made the decision to boot Ambrose and Lowndes down the order. Because HRT complained cause they didn't win