Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1764556)   #1
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theme Parks, India, Silverstone and Bernie. The future of F1?

The balance between the tradition of the sport in Europe towards the new grand prix countries is shifting as shown by recent events. I understand that F1 and motorsport has to look for new economies to feed its wealth (sponsers and manufacturers aiming at new markets) but is this at the cost of motorsport in Europe which will suffer as a result.
To not have a British GP or an alternating event is to take away the foundation of the industry that has been built up over the years in this country and France. You could argue that fans are being built up in places like China and Malaysia but there is no evidence that this is true.
The theme park idea is questionable and in my view goes against the idea that F1 should be taken seriously but instead turn itself into popcorn wrestling style entertainment.
I realise that some of this may have been mentioned earlier or someone will reply with the usual "all these guys do is complain, they should just stop watching" remarks but I believe that if you care about something it is better to say now than to regret it later when there will be nothing we can do.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1764684)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
F1 will (and should) go to areas where there are rapidly growing economies. After all, it is why the car manufacturers are in the sport, to sell their product. What I would say though is that those areas need to be looked at on a regular basis to see which areas need to be marketed next as opposed to those where the marketing has achieved its objective.

With regard to theme parks, I don't see what there is to disapprove of? Surely they will bring F1 to the attention of a much wider audience?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1764695)   #3
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OOOO how great, F1 theme parks !!
what a great idea I can see the rides now !
Williams Waltzer !
Toyota Take off (finally ??),
Spyker Superbowl,
Renaults Ferris Wheel,
Ron Dennies Ghost House!
Red Bull Riot,
Dodgey Schmachers Dodgems,
Honda's Helter Skelter,
And the biggest attraction to the Ground ......
Bernies Big Wheel.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1764734)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
A theme park has always worked well at Suzuka and it could be said it's a synomous (sp??) part of the Japanese weekend.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1764755)   #5
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough one this isn't it.

Do you have a 20 races plus season and cut down testing, (which teams are against) or have 16/17 races and leave/replace other countries and leave them out?

roll up roll up to Bernies circus!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1764922)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, it's really hard to make everyone happy... but there you go. I'm pretty sure at least half of the "themes" suggested here would make people enjoy a ride or two...
Old 13 Nov 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1764941)   #7
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like dotdotdotcomma.com have the exclusive scoop on the F1 theme parks! http://dotdotdotcomma.com/motorsport...ilter=n.id=672
I'm particularly keen on
Quote:
The "Scream If You Want To Go Sauber" ride, which just slowly takes you out of the park completely, at not very high speed
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1765052)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 in India? Pity the poor organizers over here if they have to use the call centres !!!!!!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1765073)   #9
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
F1 in India? Pity the poor organizers over here if they have to use the call centres !!!!!!

Ha Ha, Indian F1 GP ticket call centre....