Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3066270)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 7 & 8 at Slovakia Ring

if I got the spelling wrong please change it, new track for WTCC guys this weekend. how many laps will we see this weekend?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3066277)   #2
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scheduled for 9 laps each race....
Will be interesting to see the cars going over this crest at turn 3 - it can go a bit wrong! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFJ-ns8o1Q
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3066332)   #3
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It can also go very wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ULlAJMUTuA
Old 28 Apr 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3066409)   #4
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not going wrong at all as those tiny hatches are slower than average grandpa riding a cycle.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3066488)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
if I got the spelling wrong please change it, new track for WTCC guys this weekend. how many laps will we see this weekend?
It's Slovakia.

I am surprised FIA allowes such "jump".
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3066533)   #6
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying result: Michelisz-Dudukalo-Tarquini-Nash-Monteiro
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3066542)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
Qualifying result: Michelisz-Dudukalo-Tarquini-Nash-Monteiro
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3066546)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If only we could see it! But Eurosport are showing wall to wall snooker today.....
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3066547)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Eurosport 2, midnight tonight, assuming the snooker doesn't go into extra time
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3066548)   #10
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hajrá Norbi!
Old 28 Apr 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3066552)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
If only we could see it! But Eurosport are showing wall to wall snooker today.....
No problems with snooker but showing it on Eurosport 1 and 2 is a but to much.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3066571)   #12
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No problems with snooker but showing it on Eurosport 1 and 2 is a but to much.
In the UK we have it on Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosport HD! 3 channels of it. Sometimes the HD channel carries different programmes, but not today.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3066628)   #13
MikeD
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen
MikeD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great circuit. Racing could be really good tomorrow. Maybe Chevy won't win this one...
Old 28 Apr 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3066702)   #14
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bet RML know smth. Or they have extra 100 kg. There's no other variant.
In fact, long corners as at Brno are good for BMWs, but it is difficult to understand how Norbert was able to put that lap with maximum ballast on.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3066822)   #15
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the local audience (if there is any) is rooting for Michelisz. The circuit is located right next to the Hungarian border and, if I've got it right, majority of people on that area are ethnic Hungarians and speak Hungrian laguage.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3066835)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Not sure about 'if there is any', they are expecting a huge crowd.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3066944)   #17
Martinramm
Rookie

Martinramm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is turning out to be a really bad weekend for AON, after 0 place drop for Nash neither finished race one.

I think Tarquini should have gave back the spot he won but nudging Michaelisz as they usually do in BTCC. And looks like he didnt get any penalty either. Glad Muller got the penalty, he just ram Michaelisz.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3067033)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best WTCC race weekend in quite some time, especially race one. Slovakia Ring keeps on delivering great races, I hope they get more international events in the future
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3067045)   #19
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have only seen the second race. Interesting to see Tarquini and Muller fighting it out. Hopefully we can see more of that soon. Muller did a great job keeping his car on the track after the tap from Tarquini. Gabrielle fairly took his foot from the accelerator and Muller could keep his place. But I guess that Tarquini would have gotten a penalty when Muller had spinned.
That would have been a great help for Coronel, who saved quite a few points from a midfield gridspot. The fight for best of the rest will be exiting again!
Oriola is really a guy to watch, he was fast again!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3067087)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I like this track! Good racing.

Shame Michelisz was hit by Tarquini. He deserved a podium.
After qualifying it looked bad for Coronel but at the end he can be satisfied (at least I am ). The fight for 4th spot will be very interesting.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3067193)   #21
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Really liked that circuit. Can't wait to see the Hungaroring next up.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3067502)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
I guess the local audience (if there is any) --
Seemed like a pretty packed event actually, if the TV pictures are anything to go by... good promoting from organizers I'm sure. The races itself were surprisingly entertaining, too.

If last year's crowd is anything to go by, Hungaroring is going to be mad. Especially if their 'hero' keeps pulling rabbits out of his hat
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3067558)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Coronel 30 sec penalty in race 1 for crash with Engstler.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7538

Old 1 May 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3067757)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These Slovakian girls sure know how to warm you up before the race...
http://twitter.com/#!/MartinHaven/status/196539418226589696/photo/1
Old 1 May 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3068129)   #25
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good track, good racing and a good crowd. I would love to see them come back for next year. Shame what happened to Michelisz, but I hope a works team picks him up for next year. With some more experience I think he could go far.

On the subject of Norbi, the race I've been looking forward to is this weekend...