Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Feb 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3372670)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Cheese Tartiflette

Ayse will love this

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ct-tartiflette
Old 27 Feb 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3372675)   #2
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

Only on 10/10ths would you find an item on Tartiflette!

Long may it continue.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3372681)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Only on 10/10ths would you find an item on Tartiflette!

Long may it continue.
Well I actually saw it posted on an other forum so we are not the only ones
Old 27 Feb 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3372684)   #4
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Tarty-what?

I've always known it as 'Sicky'.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3372689)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Tarty-what?

I've always known it as 'Sicky'.
Not had it at le mans for a few years, but on a cold night as the darkness closes in it is a wonderful way to warm up. When we first went we had no or little facilities back at camo and a hot meal was always great and the choice was limited at the circuit, I therefore have fond memories of this steaming hot stuff, In the first years there were many places to get it but in recent years there has only been one stall doing it behind the main stands.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3372696)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I in no way dispute the deliciousness of the stuff.

My first memory of Le Mans was, in 2003, entering the circuit and popping up from the pedestrian tunnel after S/F and being immediately greeted by the big pan of it on my right. (before that area got turned into the semi-permanent 'merch-village')

I thought, "oh my god, that looks like sick!". Hours later I was tuckering down on that tasty mush, a few beers to the better.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3372698)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I must admit on first sight you are not impressed by the huge pan of goo but it tastes a lot better than it looks and when the air temperature drops it warms you up inside a treat so for all those who have never tried it, give it a go on the saturday evening rather than the tasteless burgers or horrid chilli sausages that upset even the best constitutions
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3372701)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Is the "Chef Simon" referred to in the article actually someone we know?
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3372703)   #9
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can never make my mind up if I like the stuff or not. It looks pretty grim sometimes and the smell....well, I wouldn't talk to anyone in close proximity after eating it. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Simon's right though, it's great grub for the cold and when it's done well it can be delicious.

Might make a crack at cooking it soon.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3372707)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pop into Carrefour in Calais on the way down and pick up a reblochon, it'll age nicely in a warm car and get you used to that sort of scent. Tartiflette will then hold no terrors for your nose...
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3372713)   #11
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well I actually saw it posted on an other forum so we are not the only ones
Were you getting withdrawal symptoms?
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3372716)   #12
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will look forward to it. It is usually available at French 2CV meetings, but last time I had the opportunity to have some my gall bladder was playing up and Tartiflette is one thing to avoid with a dodgy gall bladder.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3372734)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks have saved that and might give it a go one day.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3372745)   #14
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never heard of it, but I'll say I'll have to give tartiflette a shot if I find it. It has bacon...so, how bad can it be?
Old 27 Feb 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3372752)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
how bad can it be?
That should be a sticker issued by the Tourist Board to be placed on all the local produce in the Sarthe and Loire regions. A lot of it is delicious when you try it, but it's often better to not have its ingredients or preparation described to you first...
Old 27 Feb 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3372759)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Is the "Chef Simon" referred to in the article actually someone we know?
I hope not!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3372769)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Honest, I had not noticed that mention, never tried to actually make the stuff as we do not have a giant wok/pan somethings taste better when you come upon them just when you are cold and hungry
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3372772)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Never heard of it, but I'll say I'll have to give tartiflette a shot if I find it. It has bacon...so, how bad can it be?
There are some things that are real must try items at the circuit, Tarteflette, rillet bagettes and grand marnier crepes are my best picks, but i am sure there are others
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3372776)   #19
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
That should be a sticker issued by the Tourist Board to be placed on all the local produce in the Sarthe and Loire regions. A lot of it is delicious when you try it, but it's often better to not have its ingredients or preparation described to you first...
Just like McDonalds: "I'm Lovin' It". Sarthe Food: "How Bad Can It Be?"

Quote:
There are some things that are real must try items at the circuit, Tarteflette, rillet bagettes and grand marnier crepes are my best picks, but i am sure there are others
If I can find Tarteflette I'll give it a go. As for the Grand Marnier grepes...I'm embarrassed to admit it: I've yet to get one. They were swamped when I first walked by them in '11 and closed when I passed them again at 3AM. So I made it a point not to miss it in '12...and I most certainly did. Not in '14.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3372781)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The huge bottle of GM on the stand gets emptied quite quickly as well, but they are a real favorite of mine and i try to have one each year
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3372787)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh yes forgot to mention the worse food at the circuit, Churro's a horrid fried doughy thing covered in sugar
Old 27 Feb 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3372808)   #22
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Oh yes forgot to mention the worse food at the circuit, Churro's a horrid fried doughy thing covered in sugar
But you can dip the churros in chocolate, which I believe adds to their sweetness.

Haven't had them at the track, but do confess to having eaten them at a popular Mexican restaurant chain in London (I might even have to confess to having enjoyed them somewhat).
Old 27 Feb 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3372816)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Churros covered in chocolate even the thought makes me feel unwell
Old 27 Feb 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3372849)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, it actually looks pretty good in the pic Simon. It's never looked that good (to me anyway) at the circuit.......

Quote:
Churros covered in chocolate even the thought makes me feel unwell

You gotta be kidding! Sounds absolutely delicious to me! I love churros. It's the staple diet at the circuit for the discerning palates of Team DoT........

But I'm definitely with you on the GM crepes.

Man, I'm feeling hungry already!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3372859)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure that sugary dough coated in chocy would be good for a diabetic like me even if they actually tasted nice, the GM crepes are not actually the best thing for me either but they taste yummy