Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Sep 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3674007)   #1251
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nissan being allowed entries they strictly shouldn't get, on the promise of a future car? Where have we heard that before?

I think it'd be disappointing to see a Nissan DPi, given the state of the P1 project. A bit of a consultation prize.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 08:38 (Ref:3674025)   #1252
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The more, the merrier.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3674031)   #1253
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I agree with SK. I also think no word from Nissan almost makes it more likely. I mean we haven't even had GM or Mazda confirm the existence of their DP in any real sense yet. So why would Nissan who may be a few months (or a year) behind announce anything?
I'm not referring to announcements. I'm referring to behind-the-scenes knowledge. Since day one it was fully known that GM and Mazda were seriously looking to do DPis even as they stayed completely silent on the matter publicly. Early on there were rumors of Nissan, but those were just one of the numerous rumors saying nearly every GT3 manufacturer supposedly being interested at some point - and like all the others it faded away once it became clear that no serious efforts were being undertaken.

The fact that nobody behind the scenes even heard anything about renewed interest from Nissan is what indicates to me they're not getting involved on a factory level - not the lack of a public show of it.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 09:02 (Ref:3674034)   #1254
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I'm not referring to announcements. I'm referring to behind-the-scenes knowledge. Since day one it was fully known that GM and Mazda were seriously looking to do DPis even as they stayed completely silent on the matter publicly. Early on there were rumors of Nissan, but those were just one of the numerous rumors saying nearly every GT3 manufacturer supposedly being interested at some point - and like all the others it faded away once it became clear that no serious efforts were being undertaken.

The fact that nobody behind the scenes even heard anything about renewed interest from Nissan is what indicates to me they're not getting involved on a factory level - not the lack of a public show of it.
Well - we had that story about 4 different engines going on IMSA's dyno and I think Nissan has been mentioned in conjunction with that, though not from any official sources.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3674045)   #1255
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If FF says his inside sources haven't heard of a Nissan program, there's no chance it's happening..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Sep 2016, 10:03 (Ref:3674046)   #1256
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well - we had that story about 4 different engines going on IMSA's dyno and I think Nissan has been mentioned in conjunction with that, though not from any official sources.
It's most likely GM, Mazda, Gibson, and HPD.

HPD may have no known active program, but they're the only other group we know was seriously interested in DPi, so them having an engine submitted for testing would be likely even if we won't see it until 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
If FF says his inside sources haven't heard of a Nissan program, there's no chance it's happening..
Not even close to no chance - it is very possible that Nissan has successfully managed to fool everyone. Unlikely, but possible.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3674100)   #1257
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll say that Hughes du Chaunac is disappointed that ORECA is not welcomed in the IMSA. Well, it's his fault for proposing this LMP2 regulations in the first place.

ORECA Rules Out DPi Program for 2017 (via Sportscar 365)

Still, Oreca is content on selling cars in Europe than in North America.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3674102)   #1258
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I'll say that Hughes du Chaunac is disappointed that ORECA is not welcomed in the IMSA. Well, it's his fault for proposing this LMP2 regulations in the first place.

But they are discussing with three manufacturers for 2018.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3674106)   #1259
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

How do you figure he's not welcome, or disappointed?

He's dealing with three manufactures for a possible 2018 DPi entry, and it says one of the 2017 entries may be in IMSA...
Old 19 Sep 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3674109)   #1260
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is that Nissan name in that article
Old 19 Sep 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3674111)   #1261
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nissan, again coming up in passing comment...

Old 19 Sep 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3674129)   #1262
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Matt
As much as Hughes du Chaunac wanted to promote the Oreca to North America, 2 or 3 manufacturers would choose either the Riley-Multimatic or Dallara. Oh, and a few of the OAK Ligiers too.

Even if he got one team using Oreca 07, it'll be be swamped by other teams using 3 of the 4 LMP2 manufacturers anyway.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3674131)   #1263
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
@Matt
As much as Hughes du Chaunac wanted to promote the Oreca to North America, 2 or 3 manufacturers would choose either the Riley-Multimatic or Dallara. Oh, and a few of the OAK Ligiers too.

Even if he got one team using Oreca 07, it'll be be swamped by other teams using 3 of the 4 LMP2 manufacturers anyway.
So how does that equate to the interpreted narrative of the previous post?!

L.P.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3674136)   #1264
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from sporstcar365

About the Nissan Ligier
Quote:
It’s understood that Onroak Automotive is working on DPi projects with both Nissan and Honda, although the latter may not debut until 2018.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3674138)   #1265
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't he say some time ago that a pair of LMPC teams were going to buy an oreca 07 to run full season in 2017 IMSA season?

Actually what are 2017 rumored P class entries?

2 AXR cadillac DP
1 WTR cadillac DP
2 mazda riley-mazda DP
1 SoD riley mazda or gibson
1 starworks riley mazda or gibson
1 or 2 ESM ligier HPD or gibson

who else?
Old 19 Sep 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3674166)   #1266
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Didn't he say some time ago that a pair of LMPC teams were going to buy an oreca 07 to run full season in 2017 IMSA season?

2 AXR cadillac DP
1 WTR cadillac DP
2 mazda riley-mazda DP

who else?
Yes PR1 is the (3rd) 1st pc team to announce a prototype program for next year.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3674171)   #1267
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

2 AXR cadillac DP
1 WTR cadillac DP
2 mazda riley-mazda DP

who else?
And the latest rumor is that should be Ligier Nissan for ESM
Old 19 Sep 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3674178)   #1268
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
I was just reminded that the ACO plans to allow other manufacturers to badge the Gibson engine for advertising if they wish. Perhaps that's what the deal is with ESM and their rumored Nissan engine - I strongly doubt IMSA would oppose it.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3674218)   #1269
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I was wondering that one, under the 'Alpine clause', although recent news would suggest it's the GT-R engine that's in play, so that would definitely be DPi rules. Here's hoping Nissan pony up the fee and GT-Rs are allowed in GTD.
Old 22 Sep 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3674264)   #1270
Bcarr6
Veteran

You got to figure Nissan are being a little cautious here while scouting a full blown effort in 17

We all know they could do with rebuilding their reputation a little after they gave up so elegantly on their P1 program

Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:26 (Ref:3674422)   #1271
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I was wondering that one, under the 'Alpine clause', although recent news would suggest it's the GT-R engine that's in play, so that would definitely be DPi rules. Here's hoping Nissan pony up the fee and GT-Rs are allowed in GTD.
I was kind hoping they would use the P1 engine in the DPi, but hey i'm not complaining no matter what engine they show up with. Good to have the variety.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3674446)   #1272
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Considering how much had been covered on this topic afterwards, I find it a bit funny that my well-disproven consideration of the Gibson rebadging ended up being the most recent post saved from the...incident.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3674905)   #1273
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Coyote is owned by Spirit of Daytona. SoD will probably continue in DPi.
And Spirit of Daytona is owned by Jim France.

Last edited by truebeliever; 25 Sep 2016 at 11:58. Reason: spelling
Old 30 Sep 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3676157)   #1274
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

2 AXR cadillac DP
1 WTR cadillac DP
2 mazda riley-mazda DP

who else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes PR1 is the (3rd) 1st pc team to announce a prototype program for next year.
PR1 Mathiasen has chosen the JS P217 Ligier/Gibson to move up in. LINK

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3676170)   #1275
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
2 Action Express .. Cadillac-Dallara DPi
1 Wayne Taylor .. Cadillac-Dallara DPi
2 Mazda Motorsports .. Mazda-R/M Mk.30 DPi
2 ESM .. Nissan-Ligier DPi
1 Visit Florida .. * R/M Mk.30 ?
1 PR1/Mathiasen .. JS P217 Ligier/Gibson Link
1 JDC-Miller Motorsports .. Oreca 07/Gibson LINK
1 Starworks .. R/M Mk.30/Gibson
1 Keating .. R/M Mk.30/Gibson ?(maybe)
1-2 Dragonspeed .. Oreca 07/Gibson (maybe for some)

L.P.