Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3808917)   #301
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

When joeb makes his FRC for Le Mans, Dragonspeed will be my pick for P1
We'll see how you feel after Spa!
Old 18 Mar 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3808929)   #302
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We'll see how you feel after Spa!
Oh, I fully expect them to be right at the bottom of P1 after the conclusion of Spa, but unless Hedman wrecks the chassis beyond repair, or the car runs trouble free yet still gets crushed by LMP2, I can't see how my opinion could change... considering it's merely a sprint race, dress rehearsal or not

Btw, I'm thinking of WEC FRC full time for the first time in like 5 years or something...?
Old 18 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3808950)   #303
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A first post is always a tricky one, but you have to start somewhere right ?

I'd like to coment on this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Usually in testing - certainly this early on - they don't just leave the car circulating the track for eternity but rather take it in and out after periods to make changes to the setup and analyze the data. So 1200km is not that terrible considering...

Of course, full-on racing conditions simulation would be great - which is why skipping the 30 hour collective test opportunity is truly a waste - but it is what it is
By my calculation, Mercedes F1 dit a bit more than 1400km during the first week of 2018 F1 testing in Barcelona, which means in 4 days. Therefore I have to agree with Chiana on the fact that the figures given by Ginetta/Manor are not bad at all.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3809179)   #304
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Also take into account what is said explicitly in the story - "DSC understands that the team worked through their full planned programme of systems and set-up development plus Michelin tyre testing in the first two days leaving the third day clear for longer, full stint, running."

In other words it was relatively short runs for two of the three days
Old 20 Mar 2018, 00:27 (Ref:3809234)   #305
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
We're all taking for granted that the Ginetta will hit the track. The future is no more uncertain than the present.

Let's see if they put the car in the grid first; https://www.ft.com/content/6369377c-...b-bc4b9f08f381
Old 20 Mar 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3809311)   #306
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
We're all taking for granted that the Ginetta will hit the track. The future is no more uncertain than the present.

Let's see if they put the car in the grid first; https://www.ft.com/content/6369377c-...b-bc4b9f08f381
Yep, just have to keep fingers crossed the changes articled don't affect the project, although we don't know (as far as I'm aware) whether the funding is coming from the European arm of the company, or direct from China.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 09:09 (Ref:3809314)   #307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ginetta should just pour their own money into it, this is effectively their semi works team and the only bullet in the gun. They won't get additional customers for 2019 and beyond if they don't make Manor's campaign look as stable as possible

They already screwed up their LM P3 platform by handling it kind of half assed after the initial production line was finished, surely they don't want repeat of that

Oreca will probably be ready to supply chassis for other customers in 2019, so you don't want to have crappier resume coming in for the season if there are new people in the line wanting to buy customer nonhybrids

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Mar 2018 at 09:16.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3809340)   #308
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, just have to keep fingers crossed the changes articled don't affect the project, although we don't know (as far as I'm aware) whether the funding is coming from the European arm of the company, or direct from China.
The CEFC issue surrounds one guy afaik and has not, and is not, any issue for the effort
Old 20 Mar 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3809394)   #309
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The CEFC issue surrounds one guy afaik and has not, and is not, any issue for the effort
Thanks for clarifying the situation, Graham. Good news!
Old 24 Mar 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3810466)   #310
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
If the issue surrounds the guy who signs the checks I wouldn't be so comfortable. From the beginning on, newspapers have prospered for one reason: giving readers the news that they want.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3811129)   #311
DinkLv
Rookie

China
West Lafayette, IN, US
DinkLv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If the issue surrounds the guy who signs the checks I wouldn't be so comfortable. From the beginning on, newspapers have prospered for one reason: giving readers the news that they want.
AFAIK CEFC is only the title sponsor of TRS Manor Racing, which only offers a small proportion of financial support, similar to the relationship between MARTINI and Williams. The investment comes from TRS, short for Talent Racing Sports, which has two branches located seperately in Silverstone and Beijing, China. The UK branch is purely technical and is run by Graeme Lowdon and John Booth, aka as the original Manor team. The China branch will be responsible for all business stuff, including sponsorship and financial supply and is supported by several independent investors incl. the guy who helped set up Team China Racing, now known as the NIO Formula E Team. The investment from Talent Racing Sports and the latter people is the main effort to keep Manor running without being disturbed, and has sustained for years. That’s why the team is named as TRS Manor and registered as TRSM China Motorsport Limited. In all there is no worry about CEFC’s sponsorship and it’s aftermath. At the same time CEFC is running normally despite the takeover and nothing is changed on the sponsorship deal as I have learned.

By the way the TRS Manor car will show at the Prologue with a much more exciting livery configuration than current version. A bunch of new sponsors from China will fill up the space on the car, so no worries on the financial side. They will definitely make sure a 2-car appearance at the Prologue as well as Spa and LM24. Just keep tuned and expect good things to come!

Last edited by DinkLv; 27 Mar 2018 at 02:22.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3811136)   #312
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Seems like a bit too much denial here to me. And there is a bit of form for it. Let’s see.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3811164)   #313
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I look forward to it.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3811349)   #314
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Seems like a bit too much denial here to me. And there is a bit of form for it. Let’s see.
Knowing that there is no Chinese in the team and no China gain on it, I'll hold my breath. We may end up watching with a surprise soon.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 05:46 (Ref:3811409)   #315
DinkLv
Rookie

China
West Lafayette, IN, US
DinkLv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Knowing that there is no Chinese in the team and no China gain on it, I'll hold my breath. We may end up watching with a surprise soon.
Yes there is. They will soon have a full-time Chinese vehicle performance engineer coming from Toro Rosso, who has worked part-time with the team for a year. At the same time they are in contact with several talented Chinese students and professional engineers as a back-up resource. Hard to say if there is any business gain in China because sportscar racing is a very small community in China and most of Chinese sportscar fans still recognize TRS Manor as a team that leaves all the work to British people, but in fact it's no longer the case. There's going to be more Chinese engineers in sportscar racing in a few years' time.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3811420)   #316
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also understand that one of Ferrari's race engineers from last year has joined (well re-joined) the team.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3811728)   #317
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the press conference anouncing Lotos' personal sponsorship for Robert Kubica it was 'added' that he will not participate in WEC this season.

Dissapoinment for me and I think it is not a good move for him unless it wasn't his decision.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3811730)   #318
Deleted
Veteran

Doing nothing all year except couple random FP1 sessions in F1 (read: sessions where people sit around 75-90% of the time in garage after one-off installation laps), yes what a great way to get into racing again lol

Regarding revised Ginetta livery... I really hope so! As with the financial situation...
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3811781)   #319
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
At the press conference anouncing Lotos' personal sponsorship for Robert Kubica it was 'added' that he will not participate in WEC this season.

Dissapoinment for me and I think it is not a good move for him unless it wasn't his decision.
The reasoning behind this is fishy too. He's worried about the car being uncompetitive? Has he seen the Williams pace? Also it would require a lot of development... Like said Williams. Either he's being short sighted or someone is whispering to him to stay away from everything but Williams reserve. I don't think he's ever going to be in another f1 car on merit.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3811921)   #320
Deleted
Veteran

https://www.fiawec.com/assets/fileup...975c8aa223.pdf

So in the end by electing not run in the 30 hour night session for unexplained reasons, Ginnetta will only get 15 hours (50%) of potential track time, while Toyota, Oreca, Dallara-AER and CLM have 30 hours (100%) of potential track time.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3811957)   #321
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Crickey! Don't spit the dummy. They just need half testing. If they manage 15 hours straight they can already celebrate with a few beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The reasoning behind this is fishy too. He's worried about the car being uncompetitive? Has he seen the Williams pace? Also it would require a lot of development... Like said Williams. Either he's being short sighted or someone is whispering to him to stay away from everything but Williams reserve. I don't think he's ever going to be in another f1 car on merit.
Why would you join a second level team in WEC? Only for the money. He has a comfortable position at Williams.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3811963)   #322
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Crickey! Don't spit the dummy. They just need half testing. If they manage 15 hours straight they can already celebrate with a few beers.

Why would you join a second level team in WEC? Only for the money. He has a comfortable position at Williams.
A comfortable position? He's a reserve driver that only gets to do simulator work and two, maybe three practice sessions the entire year. He's seemingly like most other drivers who fall into the "f1 or nothing" trap; short sighted.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3811979)   #323
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I'm really seriously bothered that anyone would call Robert Kubica of all people fixated on F1. Like actually p'd off at how disrespectful that is.
Quote:
"I will have very little [time], so I decided not to compete in the WEC. I will focus on my role at Williams. During the past 45 days, I've spent two days at home and I don’t really know anymore where home is – I’d love to race but I have to be rational."
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3811980)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm slow to the news..... So what has he been doing in 43 of the last 45 days.....?
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3811982)   #325
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Grove, Catalonia and Australia.