Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jul 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3835173)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Poultry Porsche Motorsport Pink Pig and "Rothmans" T-shirts

I was too late buying the Pink Pig and "Rothmans" shirts, they were already sold out
Are they available online? Can somebody point me towards a shop where I can buy them? Seen a few on the bay of e, but 70 euros is a bit steep
Old 7 Jul 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3835178)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I read elsewhere (on another forum) that someone else who got to the shop too late asked the staff... and was told that the T-shirts were trackside specials. And likely not for sale after the race. Hope that turns out wrong, but if they haven't yet appeared on the official online shop...
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3835188)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the reply, Victor. Not the one I was hoping for, but thank you nonetheless.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3835221)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't worn mine yet. (Pink Pig). It'll come out at Silverstone.....
Old 7 Jul 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3835222)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But, 70 euros on eBay. Could fund your Silverstone trip!
Old 7 Jul 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3835223)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I haven't worn mine yet. (Pink Pig). It'll come out at Silverstone.....
Andrew, does that mean you are actually going tgo wear a t shirt and just not pack it away waiting for it to form part of your estate some time in the distant future along with the rebellion one.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3835228)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, that one I'll wear because it fits me Simon!

By the way, the profiteering is underway with the models too -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...0AAOSwL~BbPoT5

They were €65 in the Porsche shop at the track. I should have bought a few......
Old 7 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3835258)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Knew as soon as I saw that pink pig t-shirt I was having it. Should have bought the Rothmans one too. Credit Porsche they sold them at a decent price point. Could easily have rinsed the fans like some other slower, more fluro GT manufacturers.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3835372)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have the Rothmans one too, but that's a gift for someone. My son bought them both. He fell in love with both of the cars on his first visit to Le Mans. I really wish I'd bought those models now...... Damn!
Old 8 Jul 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3835437)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There lies exactly the problem with collectables shows. Everyone thinks things are worth far more than they paid, I'm betting in 6 months those profiteers will be stuck with cars that sell for the price they paid. There just can't be that many people who really have to have them to keep the price crazy high.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3835442)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
E bay is a real heaven for people with too much money who will sometimes pay a fortune for silly things which after an initial spike in prices when released soon return to realistic values, but as the saying goes 'a fool and his money are soon parted'
Old 8 Jul 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3835447)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
There lies exactly the problem with collectables shows. Everyone thinks things are worth far more than they paid, I'm betting in 6 months those profiteers will be stuck with cars that sell for the price they paid. There just can't be that many people who really have to have them to keep the price crazy high.
If they don't make any more (and who knows) those models will hugely appreciate.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3835469)   #13
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The pattern for Spark model releases is they do a small run at manufacturer request using last years moulds to be released at Le Mans. Then after the race, they do a set list of models (including the winners) and do updates to the models, livery and anything else needing done. The Pink Pig will get another run that'll be more accurate to the race car at the end of the year.

In the Pink Pigs case, if you want to make a profit, now is the time to sell it.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3835494)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For as long as i have been going to Le mans, (1985) there have been model shops selling stuff, although significantly less now than in the late eighties, and i can assure everyone that the pink pig liveried cars have always been there. Whilst people want to buy them people will make and sell them, If the manufacturers think a model will sell it will be in production the next day. So unlikely they will ever be worth that much.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3835498)   #15
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
For as long as i have been going to Le mans, (1985) there have been model shops selling stuff, although significantly less now than in the late eighties, and i can assure everyone that the pink pig liveried cars have always been there. Whilst people want to buy them people will make and sell them, If the manufacturers think a model will sell it will be in production the next day. So unlikely they will ever be worth that much.
Hm? The Pink Pig we're talking about is this year, not the 917 original. The model for sale this year is a limited run for Porsche based on last years moulds. Right now, the only model of that that exists is that limited run - hence why it can be sold for so much. The price will come down when the proper one is released, typically just in time for Christmas.

Happened with the 919s each year, and all of the Audis since the R10. High price for 6 months then dramatically drops off. So be patient and everyone can have a Pink Pig for the regular price of ~£60.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3835509)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok so recent models take long to get on the shelf but the 911 has changed shape very little in 40 years so current manufactures can easily change the paint scheme on their models and no one will notice the difference between them and the "official models"
Old 8 Jul 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3835512)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
£250 collection only from Wales!
Old 8 Jul 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3835514)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
£250 collection only from Wales!
Should at least offer a £50 shipping option.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3835519)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
T-shirts! I'm interested in fairly priced t-shirts, not over-priced miniature car models!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3835726)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I called the Porsche Museum and got one from there .
Same price as track side and cheap shipping!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3835734)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah! Interesting approach - there you go Vince......
Old 9 Jul 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3835737)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Will make a call to Germany tomorrow!
Old 10 Jul 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3835838)   #23
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Also sold out!
But the very nice lady on the phone did say they will be available via Porsche Selection on webshop and in dealerships soon. She didn't know exactly when.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3835861)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It did not take porsche long to figure out they can make more money flogging t shirts than cars
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3835881)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Ferrari has been doing it for ages