Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Oct 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3146347)   #1
Stakhanov
Rookie

Stakhanov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Appendix K non homologated?

App K contains reference to "non homologated" cars. Is this designed to be a catch all for historics? It refers to proof of competition history at national level, and tech regs. Has anyone made such an application to the FIA and succeeded? Seems pointless to have this provision unless the FIA is prepared to allow non homologated cars to compete. From what I've seen at Angouleme even unhomologated Lotus 7s can race. I have a car model, unhomologated by the factory, with significant race success at a national level in the 70s and 80s and I'd like to be able to compete in FIA events, all advice appreciated.
Tunnocks Tea cake for guessing the car in question....
Old 5 Oct 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3146482)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
AFAIK you can get HTP papers but the onus of proof with regard to period specification is down to you. If you can't offer enough factual evidence that car was fitted with XYZ then you are stuck. There are quite a few 'one off' cars competing out there that presumably have HTPs, so maybe you need to talk to the owner of one or two.

If you do get papers, which category the car is then declared is down to FIA, and this could ultimately effect what races you can do in it. Then it is down to series organisers to make a decision.

Hope I've made sense......
Old 5 Oct 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3146504)   #3
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my understanding, you need to find proof that the car competed at international level in period. National race history will not get you FIA HTP papers.

You could talk to one of the people appointed by the MSA to vet HTP applications - they're familiar with what is and isn't allowed. But without an international pedigree, you're very unlikely to be allowed to run in FIA type events (the exception seems to be Goodwood - if they like the car, HTP papers are not relevent)
Old 5 Oct 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3146534)   #4
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakhanov View Post
Tunnocks Tea cake for guessing the car in question....
Ginetta G15.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3146647)   #5
Stakhanov
Rookie

[QUOTE=Brian A;3146504]From my understanding, you need to find proof that the car competed at international level in period. National race history will not get you FIA HTP papers.

Yes, but if that's the case- what's the point in this section:-

2.3.11.1 Models of production road-going Sports / Grand Touring cars from periods E to J which have no competition history at international level but which have established a significant competition history at national level in major events for production sport and/or grand touring cars and which comply with the national regulations relevant to those events.

Yes it's a G15...
Old 5 Oct 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3146663)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I believe although App K focused on International race status history there are exceptions, and the paragraph would suggest that also.

My 1965 Gilbern GT1800 was granted HTP papers although we were not able to offer proof of a similar model competing in International status events in period. The model was however, homologated and competed at a lower level.

As Brian says, a chat with an MSA inspector would I'm sure clarify the situation with your G15.

So Clive gets the tea cake, then!
Old 5 Oct 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3146664)   #7
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I claim my Tunnocks Tea Cake.....
Old 17 Oct 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3465935)   #8
pigiron22
Rookie

France
Cotes d'Armor
pigiron22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realise this thread was started a couple of years ago, but would be very interested to hear how the OP got on?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3466561)   #9
Normal Bloke
Rookie

Normal Bloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Stakhanov;3146647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
From my understanding, you need to find proof that the car competed at international level in period. National race history will not get you FIA HTP papers.

Yes, but if that's the case- what's the point in this section:-

2.3.11.1 Models of production road-going Sports / Grand Touring cars from periods E to J which have no competition history at international level but which have established a significant competition history at national level in major events for production sport and/or grand touring cars and which comply with the national regulations relevant to those events.

Yes it's a G15...
Bugger! I gave up waiting for the impossible 6 months ago and sold my G15. Just my luck!
Old 20 Oct 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3466721)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a four year battle trying to get HTPs on an ex-works HRG. International proof of the 1947 Spa 24 hr-photographic and otherwise, (no mechanical mods of any description) But, the body was changed for a two seat sports car in alloy in 1952.In this form the car has a huge national racing history,for which one inspector granted the papers.
Only to be withdrawn because some other inspector did not agree on the history provided.After numerous letters, phone calls and emails we got the papers re instated!! Moral of the story being that it depends on the inspectors contacts with the FIA
Old 16 Dec 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3485606)   #11
Stakhanov
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiron22 View Post
I realise this thread was started a couple of years ago, but would be very interested to hear how the OP got on?
Hi not a lot of progress I'm afraid, I did speak to Marcus Pye a few months ago and he was to speak with some of his contacts but I've not heard since. Separately it seems G15s wil not be allowed to race in the small class of the Scottish Historics at Knockhill, but rather stuck in a catch all class up to 2000cc so looks like the 80s repeating, when they were excluded from prodsports