Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3425899)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
AFAIK Theres a lot of 'cheques in the post' but I'm hardly A list!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3425949)   #27
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
from what I understand Formula Junior invites are not out yet
not that much of a problem
as the Juniors in question mostly are race ready
owner can take and will up short notice invited

for overseas competitors this is different
cost and trouble of arranging such a trip short notce grow disproportionate the closer the event gets

an overseas friend of mine got tired of wating and caved in to his wife
she won, the booked a cruise instead in the timeslot

might also be problem for exotic cars that need longer prep

GW wil have their reason for what they are doing, but it starts become a close shave

Rudolf
Old 24 Jun 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3426064)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Admin, they get what they pay for.

Ultimately its detrimental to their reputation . .few turn it down, but 7 p's!
Old 9 Jul 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3432065)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I can't believe this slipped off the page . . . has it been cancelled?
Old 9 Jul 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3432124)   #30
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the invites are now going out

GW staff try to be as helpful as possible

Rudolf

ah, and yes, I am in....
Old 9 Jul 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3432147)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
THere's a GPO Morris Minor leaving site every day this week I believe

and yes, I've had favourable news to the extent I've renewed my license
Old 10 Jul 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3432453)   #32
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
no, GPO uses a BSA Bantam for this
red with leg shields....

Rudolf
Old 10 Jul 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3432587)   #33
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed you at Spa two weeks ago Rudi, so will see you at GW as I'm in.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3433444)   #34
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt his Worshipfullness will have the last say on all this n' that anyway/
Old 17 Jul 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3434858)   #35
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Invites are now largely out and I am very excited that we have made the cut in the Fordwater, having talked about racing against each other for many years Joe/Zef and I will finally get the opportunity!
Old 18 Jul 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3435115)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Invites are now largely out and I am very excited that we have made the cut in the Fordwater, having talked about racing against each other for many years Joe/Zef and I will finally get the opportunity!
When I first saw that Joe and your cars were invited to race in the Fordwater, I immediately thought that what was needed to complete the set was a Gilbern GT. Guess what.........

Old 18 Jul 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3435116)   #37
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fantastic news.. the Fordwater is always a great grid.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3435124)   #38
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Mike!
Old 18 Jul 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3435144)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just need the s type to get in now
Old 18 Jul 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3435183)   #40
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news Mike, enjoy
Old 18 Jul 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3435237)   #41
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fordwater

Ian will also be in the mix with the Warwick GT350!!
Old 18 Jul 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3435244)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There were rumours of a Rochdale as well in press releases?
Old 18 Jul 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3435245)   #43
simon drabble
Veteran

Great news, time for a Fordwater roll call? Any other ten tenthers care to add their names? So far a wonderfully eclectic grid is starting to form...
Old 18 Jul 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3435262)   #44
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just need the s type to get in now
Little chance of that I think, although as a racing car it's rarer than many. For some reason the banking sponsors don't like big Jags
Old 18 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3435268)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Little chance of that I think, although as a racing car it's rarer than many. For some reason the banking sponsors don't like big Jags
It's 50s stuff in St Mary's this year anyway, so next year then, Colin. Think positive!

Old 19 Jul 2014, 07:22 (Ref:3435365)   #46
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
This is shaping up nicely. I collected my steed yesterday and the prep commences MOnday.

Wheels are the issue of the day, what to use , not MInilites . . . .
Old 19 Jul 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3435384)   #47
simon drabble
Veteran

Definitely agree that minilites should be the wheel of last resort, I am using the same steel wheels as I am at Silverstone next week
Old 19 Jul 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3435385)   #48
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
We have std Triumph steels and a few others, subject to fitment, and satisfying myself they're safe!

There are no period alloys we can find. wobbly webs were considered, until we got a price!
Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3440943)   #49
hanuman
Rookie

hanuman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival

Can anyone direct me to a race programme for this year's Revival meeting? I can't seem to find one on the Goodwood website despite specific races being advertised. There is a special race for Jaguar D Types for instance but it doesn't say what day it's on!

Also, there are only tickets for Sunday left available so either everyone knows something I don't (!) and Saturday is the best day or it's just guess work.

Incidentally, does any other major event sell-out without actually announcing its line up or programme in advance?
Old 30 Jul 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3440944)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Can anyone direct me to a race programme for this year's Revival meeting? I can't seem to find one on the Goodwood website despite specific races being advertised. There is a special race for Jaguar D Types for instance but it doesn't say what day it's on!

Also, there are only tickets for Sunday left available so either everyone knows something I don't (!) and Saturday is the best day or it's just guess work.

Incidentally, does any other major event sell-out without actually announcing its line up or programme in advance?
The Jag race is #7 and must be on Saturday, as Sunday starts with #9. Think at the moment final timetable not anywhere, am just going from paperwork I have received.

Mods, can this be merged into the main Revival thread? Save any of us old codgers getting confused.....