Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3245750)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
PURE

Anyone know what has happened to Craig Pollock's grand plan? I was sceptical from the start but I have heard nothing for months since they had to put things on hold because of funding difficulties. My guess is that it's a dead duck (despite the rumour a while back that McLaren would take it over to make their own power trains), but maybe someone on the forum has more recent info?
Old 12 May 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3246232)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a shame they ran out of cash.
I saw the same McLaren rumours, and a couple of people mentioned Honda had got involved, but when asked for links to the story they vanished, so...
Old 12 May 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3246270)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Craig Pollock ? Oh yeah that BAR thing...
Old 12 May 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3246346)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
PURE went under as a direct result of the teams and the regulations makers being not 100% sure of what was happening with regard to the 2014 engine regulations. Only just recently have the 2014 F1 engine manufacturers stated that there is now no going back on what they have decided to do.
Old 12 May 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3246433)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I've always had Craig Pollock pretty much on a level with Arthur Daley, so the disappearance of PURE is no surprise. Shame, but I guess F1 will get by with only three manufacturers (at least for a year). Let's hope the Honda rumours are true.