Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2007, 10:05 (Ref:2039105)   #51
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
A couple of points -

Firstly please don't presume to include others with your own (rather offensively presented) point of view

Secondly - i'm afraid your point of view shows an almost complete ignorance of that race and other races too.

By your reckoning a one class race is necessarily better than a four class race - so F1 is better than Le Mans for instance - You might actually think that - I don't
Hehe, do I fit in his class too? I think 24h LM with LMS is better than F1
Old 14 Oct 2007, 21:35 (Ref:2040312)   #52
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Out of curiosity, where was GruppeM based?
Wasn't it originally EMKA racing? I could be wrong?
Old 14 Oct 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2040332)   #53
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Wasn't it originally EMKA racing? I could be wrong?
Nope - The only EMKA link was that the third Porsche, the car used by the team in LMS, was the ex-EMKA Porsche, bought after Steve O'Rourke passed away - The GruppeM team were based on the Buncefield Trading Estate - Their workshop was damaged in the massive explosion there.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 09:35 (Ref:2040549)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The GruppeM team were based on the Buncefield Trading Estate - Their workshop was damaged in the massive explosion there.
Cheers.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 15:38 (Ref:2040823)   #55
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nope - The only EMKA link was that the third Porsche, the car used by the team in LMS, was the ex-EMKA Porsche, bought after Steve O'Rourke passed away - The GruppeM team were based on the Buncefield Trading Estate - Their workshop was damaged in the massive explosion there.
That EMKA car was badly damaged at the Silverstone 1000k that year but later rebuilt on a new shell and sold to a guy for club racing in Holland I understand. # 88 from GruppeM 2005 still exists in Kenny Chen's Porsche dealership in China, #66 was a factory owned car. I believe the GruppeM workshop is still open at Buncefield, they enter Tim Sugden in the Asian Carrera Cup to promote Mr Chen's Chinese operations, I see from DSC that he has won 6 out 10 of the races so far this year.

CMK has a point about the cost of running the Porsche works effort
Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2040883)   #56
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
But they had one in brit gt 04, sponsored by gruppe m didnt they?

or was it 03?
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2040930)   #57
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
But they had one in brit gt 04, sponsored by gruppe m didnt they?

or was it 03?
GruppeM won the British GT Championship in 2004, yes. I believe their logos appeared once or twice on cars before that? For some reason Tech9 seems to spring to mind...?
Old 15 Oct 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2041039)   #58
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Sugden's car in 04 wasn't called GruppeM racing though was it?

That's what i'm getting at.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2041095)   #59
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Sugden's car was a Gruppe M effort in 2004, Tech 9 ran the car at the start of the season but Gruppe M's own team took over from Castle Combe
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2041127)   #60
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tomorrow there should be a big meeting between SRO and the teams... i think that after that we will be sure if BMS will again race their DBR9s in FIA-GT but it seems quite difficult...

on the other hand they are making progress for the "third" 997, which for now will stay in FIA-GT with the 2 official "2008 spec." cars...
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:34 (Ref:2041140)   #61
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
hmmm

rules need to be stabilised, asap.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 23:11 (Ref:2041199)   #62
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
tomorrow there should be a big meeting between SRO and the teams... i think that after that we will be sure if BMS will again race their DBR9s in FIA-GT but it seems quite difficult...

on the other hand they are making progress for the "third" 997, which for now will stay in FIA-GT with the 2 official "2008 spec." cars...
We could better see BMS fighting for the win in GT2 and make some competition with AF Corse than they are fighting for some points and sometimes podiums with their DBR9s. But it will be cool if they come with 4 cars: 2 997 and 2 DBR9.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2041437)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
As long as BMS put their Aston's on decent tyres, I think they'd find themselves back in the hunt, so do they have some water tight arrangement with Pirelli?. There's no problem as I see it with preparation of the cars, the cars themselves, or drivers is there?

As for other prospective GT1 Aston entrants, will Jet Alliance be back do we think? who else might run DBR9's?

I would guess we'll see both Vitaphone and Playteam MC12's back and hopefully the 2 JMB cars either continuing in Citation (that class will surely grow in numbers?) or in the main GT1 points class.

What about the Vette's? Will GLPK run 2 C6R's as the C5R's homolgation might have run out for the main class - Kumpen would undoubtedly be at the front even more than he has with the C5R?

2-3 Murcialago's perhaps, 1 All Inkl and 2 x Reiter/sponsor run

Surely we'll see a couple of Saleens again as well..

The K'segg? That's been rumoured for a while now too.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:32 (Ref:2041460)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
What about the Vette's?as the C5R's homolgation might have run out for the main class
Can you please explain this comment ? ..... thanks
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2041468)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah thought I read somewhere (was it around the time of the Oschersleben event) that the C5R wouldn't be able to run in the main class next year because of it's age/it no longer being in production?

Whether ot not that's the case I figure that Kumpen/Longin would rather run a C6R instead next season?
Old 16 Oct 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2041497)   #66
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
As long as BMS put their Aston's on decent tyres, I think they'd find themselves back in the hunt, so do they have some water tight arrangement with Pirelli?. There's no problem as I see it with preparation of the cars, the cars themselves, or drivers is there?

As for other prospective GT1 Aston entrants, will Jet Alliance be back do we think? who else might run DBR9's?

I would guess we'll see both Vitaphone and Playteam MC12's back and hopefully the 2 JMB cars either continuing in Citation (that class will surely grow in numbers?) or in the main GT1 points class.

What about the Vette's? Will GLPK run 2 C6R's as the C5R's homolgation might have run out for the main class - Kumpen would undoubtedly be at the front even more than he has with the C5R?

2-3 Murcialago's perhaps, 1 All Inkl and 2 x Reiter/sponsor run

First; Murcielagos will be touch and go, as they're pretty past it unfortunately, or probably anyway.
Second; K'segg looks to have sunk to oblivion somewhere...
Third; You say "surely Saleen". How so? I mean, why so sure?
Fourth; Why would GLPK run 2 cars, and why 2 C6Rs? I think they can still run C5s?
Fifth; BMS's bills are all but solely paid by Pirelli, so i can't see them switching unfortunately.
Sixth; I'd suggest we'll see Jetalliance again, they've been excellent this year.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 10:54 (Ref:2041572)   #67
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pirelli is partner and sponsor of BMS.

Quote:
Gigawave Motorsport with Philipp Peter and Luke Hines

Quote:
Probably bull****. F550 and F575 are also still racing in GT1 and the MenX F550 was also racing in GT1 at LeMans. They are also out of production.
If the Fia don't homologate those cars they probably miss 3 Vettes at the start: PK, SRT and PSI.

Quote:
2-3 Murcialago's perhaps, 1 All Inkl and 2 x Reiter/sponsor run.
I hope you are right.

Quote:
Maybee, RBimmo has some plans. Besides that the Zakspeed and Oreca Saleens are for sale.

Quote:
rumoured a long time ago.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 14:03 (Ref:2041773)   #68
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD
Besides that the Zakspeed and Oreca Saleens are for sale.
With plenty of interested parties, it would seem...
Old 16 Oct 2007, 14:12 (Ref:2041780)   #69
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Really? Zakspeed's has been for sale forever!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2041951)   #70
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sugden's car was a Gruppe M effort in 2004, Tech 9 ran the car at the start of the season but Gruppe M's own team took over from Castle Combe
I am led to believe that the 2004 car became #88 in 2005 and is the one in China now
Old 16 Oct 2007, 17:42 (Ref:2042014)   #71
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
It would seem at least for the Oreca chassis that are available.

L.P.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2042060)   #72
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD
Probably bull****. F550 and F575 are also still racing in GT1 and the MenX F550 was also racing in GT1 at LeMans. They are also out of production.
If the Fia don't homologate those cars they probably miss 3 Vettes at the start: PK, SRT and PSI.
C5 Corvette production ended in 2004, 575M production ended in 2006.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 08:41 (Ref:2042445)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

But the 'older' cars have a home in the Citation Cup don't they?
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2043553)   #74
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Older cars have also been know to be dropped into G2 with some performance boosts; Vipers in FFSA.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 08:03 (Ref:2045889)   #75
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope that AF Corse will come back, with a pair of the '08 evolution of the F430 GTC, Scuderia Ecosse for sure will be back !

and what about other Porsche teams, BMS is a in a doubt, Tech9 ? Ebimotors ?
Closed Thread