Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Mar 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2165274)   #26
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I heard that Creation was not overly impressed with their last chosen Jap drivers ..... Also that Serwin is their new man , who will partner Ortiz . I gotta admit , that if this is true , im glad to see JCW-Hall in the same tub .
2nd Creation won't be there, only 1 car with JCW-Hall-Ortiz
Old 31 Mar 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2166057)   #27
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
Johnny1lap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, the people who cant recive the race, because you have not got motors tv or Eurosport, what are we going to do.
Does anyone know if there will be streaming it on the offical website(like 2006), or putting another boring "excellent 10 second webcam!"(really last years coverage of last years races were just someone print screaning motors tv). Well i have found a stream from eurosport http://www.findinternettv.com/index,direct,38.aspx , the only bad thing about eurosport is that they will only show bits of the race then fool us all with another handball championship(or something like that). But iv'e searched for a motors tv stream on google. But nothing comes up, well just us lot ranting on about how nobody's streaming it lol. i dont think RLM are doing anything for it unfortunatly
Old 31 Mar 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2166086)   #28
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1lap
So, the people who cant recive the race, because you have not got motors tv or Eurosport, what are we going to do.
Does anyone know if there will be streaming it on the offical website(like 2006), or putting another boring "excellent 10 second webcam!"(really last years coverage of last years races were just someone print screaning motors tv). Well i have found a stream from eurosport http://www.findinternettv.com/index,direct,38.aspx , the only bad thing about eurosport is that they will only show bits of the race then fool us all with another handball championship(or something like that). But iv'e searched for a motors tv stream on google. But nothing comes up, well just us lot ranting on about how nobody's streaming it lol. i dont think RLM are doing anything for it unfortunatly
Planetlemans will have minute-by-minute text coverage
Old 31 Mar 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2166147)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will there be a 10/10ths chat session covering the race?
Old 31 Mar 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2166178)   #30
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Johnny1lap]the only bad thing about eurosport is that they will only show bits of the race then fool us all with another handball championship(or something like that).

It would be nice if SPEED would show bits of the race over here in the states...Although I am sure that the episode of NASCAR this morning or the re-run of Two Guys Garage that they will air instead will be far more entertaining...
Old 31 Mar 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2166231)   #31
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
and you also have official live timing at:

http://www.ris-timing.be/
Old 31 Mar 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2166472)   #32
Miguel RS
Rookie

European Union
BCN
Miguel RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK
Quick question - info shows about a 30 minute walk from train station to circuit - has anyone done that and if so, is that an accurate walk time?

thanks very much

Carol
Hello Carol,

As Mirage says, the info is correct. 30 minutes walking from rail station (my current job is located in Montmeló town). The shame is that bus between station and circuit is only available in Formula 1 and Moto GP events. As a sportscars race in Spain it won't be a lot of spectators but that makes it better for me.

Can someone tell me something about the AIM engines that is using Creation? Is it a completely new company in motorsport? About Epsilon Euskadi, I read that they could build the future World Series single seaters.

Regards,
Old 31 Mar 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2166546)   #33
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel RS
Hello Carol,

As Mirage says, the info is correct. 30 minutes walking from rail station (my current job is located in Montmeló town). The shame is that bus between station and circuit is only available in Formula 1 and Moto GP events. As a sportscars race in Spain it won't be a lot of spectators but that makes it better for me.

Can someone tell me something about the AIM engines that is using Creation? Is it a completely new company in motorsport? About Epsilon Euskadi, I read that they could build the future World Series single seaters.

Regards,
Thanks for responding with the info - very much appreciated. I've had a bit of a problem securing pitwalk and gridwalk passes thru the LMS site - apparently didn't receive my fax. Trying to find out if pitwalk and gridwalk passes will be available at the gate. Called LMS this morning - got transfered to Barcelona - got a recording of some sort. Called the circuit ended up talking with a security person who spoke good English who transferred me to apparently the same number and got same or similar recording, but don't know what they said. Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

Carol
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2167125)   #34
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to the German Eurosport site, there'll be six and a half hours of live streaming of the race on Sunday. Should be enough to cover the whole event.

The International Eurosport site didn't include the LMS on their Livestream page for some reason.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2167155)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just found this on EI .....
http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L...82/2300082.JPG

I think it looks terrible , like a lego brick !!!

The acticle also mentions Groppi .

Got a new nose and looks like a lower aero section on the nose too . Looks like new rear brake intakes too .

Last edited by The Badger; 1 Apr 2008 at 17:50.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2167166)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Got a new nose and looks like a lower aero section on the nose too . Looks like new rear brake intakes too .
Maybe it will be one of those things that looks bad on the screen but actually looks alright in person.......maybe.......

But I do like that they did something non traditional.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2167170)   #37
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please tell me thats not the oreca LC70, looks like a mash up of old dallara, although the paint job is weird i like it, its all funky and lego like, reminds me of the harlequin golf's and polo's
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2167175)   #38
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell me this Oreca is a bad first of april joke. Horrible looking lego car. Lavaggi car even looks better
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2167181)   #39
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Hmm, seems to be a bit of an art car thing going on there- very influenced by Mondrian...
http://www.whimsyspeaks.com/images/Mondrian.jpg

it's been done on a car before though
http://homepage.mac.com/absynthe/art...e/mondrian.jpg

It's certainly distinctive, you'll have no trouble spotting it on the track...

Definitely a new nose and rear brake intakes- the aero section on the nose looks lower, as you said, although I can't be sure from the pics I've looked at so far
Old: http://www.vrchy.com/spa07/original/spa_fglms137.jpg
New: http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L...82/2300082.JPG

Last edited by KA; 1 Apr 2008 at 18:11.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:20 (Ref:2167188)   #40
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Rear bodywork and sidepod treatment seems to have changed quite a lot

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/lolo.geg...07/2007_12.jpg

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L...82/2300121.JPG
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2167201)   #41
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
My first thought on the ORECA Courage was to decide there and then that the prize for most hideous livery of 2008 had been done and dusted - and I still reckon it's unappealing, especially when put against the lovely clean paint job they ran at Paul Ricard.

Highly disappointing indeed; and I'm not sure even the Mondrian link gets them out of jail - Mondrians have a consistency of style that this car lacks - DJ's reference to a harlequin VW is much closer to the mark!
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2167207)   #42
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

That looks great!

You can see the aero development at the front, looks a little R8 (ish)!

I've noticed when Audi and the driving crew talk about their LMS competition, after Peugeot, they always mention ORECA, they have huge respect for the team.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2167208)   #43
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
For those who never came across this video. I think it is very nice.
The first lap of the LMS 2006 onboard with the LNT Panoz

http://www.teamlnt.com/Images/Media/Video/RBSpa.wmv
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2167212)   #44
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The black background doesn't help matters much. I'll reserve judgement for now.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2167215)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been going through my Sky+ set-up for the weekend and it looks like Motors TV's LMS coverage is interupted for2 hours with coverage of motorcross, or something similar, in two one hour segments.

Europort show the first half hour or so, plus highlight at the end of the day.

Is RLM stil covering the LMS?
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:56 (Ref:2167219)   #46
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This makes one wonder how much they've tested this massively revised bodywork - have they been running it in private? I'm sure I could get some indication by reading it, but my French is rusty at best so it would be time-consuming. Any Francophones care to enlighten?

It seems like a terrible idea to not test this sort of bodywork before running it for the first time, after all that time they spent with the old stuff this spring...that's why I'm assuming they must have track time with it.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2167229)   #47
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
This makes one wonder how much they've tested this massively revised bodywork - have they been running it in private? I'm sure I could get some indication by reading it, but my French is rusty at best so it would be time-consuming. Any Francophones care to enlighten?
The automatic translation to English works really well

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=es&ie=UTF-8
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2167233)   #48
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

It seems like a terrible idea to not test this sort of bodywork before running it for the first time, after all that time they spent with the old stuff this spring...that's why I'm assuming they must have track time with it.
My French is pretty rusty as well, but I've tried the Google translation as well- there's no mention of the new bodywork having been tested yet, just wind tunnel and CFD work

...and the paintjob is meant to be Mondrian-style....

Also, Laurent Groppi and Loic Duval confirmed on the Le Mans driver lineup

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L...e_ORECA_02.jpg

Last edited by KA; 1 Apr 2008 at 19:13.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2167239)   #49
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
The livery is awefull, I hated that kind of colours mixing in my youth allready. The red doorknobs etc.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2167241)   #50
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the paint scheme...very eye catching. It's a nice deviation from the norm. I agree it looks kind of logo-ey, but i don't think that's such a bad thing. Maybe because it looks like something I would have built with a lego set when I was a kid...