Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Did Ferrari cheat and use team orders?
Yes 198 88.39%
No 26 11.61%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Aug 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2739116)   #676
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

I am getting an error message and am quite relieved in a way!
Old 3 Aug 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2739120)   #677
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I went to pitpass.com and straight to the article.
nothing has changed so the link is corrupted or the server is overloaded.!!!!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2739128)   #678
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big girl's blouse and flower arranging are very fit for Teflonso indeed !
Old 4 Aug 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2739131)   #679
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think it's a good article, David try again mate..
Old 4 Aug 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2739135)   #680
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still not working. It would appear the server has caught up with the quality of the articles.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2739136)   #681
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_f...s_art_id=41717
This one should work
Old 4 Aug 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2739145)   #682
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Thankyou for that.

However, I gave up halfway through page one I am afraid!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2739164)   #683
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No. There are two debates (maybe three). One about whether they broke the rule, and what the punishment should be. And a third on the validity of the rule. To cover those aspects:

They broke the rule. (see the pole)
I happen to think that the kind of rule it is has a bearing on what the punishment should be. In every day life the context of the rule/law does have a bearing on the punishment handed out.
The rule is daft and should be scrapped.

It is an interesting debate because it isn't simple.
Given that most of us agree "no team orders" is a stupid rule and that the FIA chooses to ignore imo much more serious violations of good laws (no racing in pit lane!)(Vettel launching his car over the pit entrance island at Hungary).
It would seem that Ferrari should escape penalty for allegedly violating this stupid rule - perhaps they should give Ferrari its money back and issue a clarification.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2739266)   #684
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Did you leap out of your seat, shaking your fist, when Vettel crossed the pit entry?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2739297)   #685
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Given that most of us agree "no team orders" is a stupid rule.
Not too sure about that. At least the way it's written is vague and not doing much.

Okay, so would you be happy to have races like Germany on a regular basis where a battle is heating up and it ruined by the team choosing to let the driver past? Do you like watching that?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2739300)   #686
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It isn't really a regular thing though. It isn't like the floodgates are about to open all of a sudden. Team orders have always been around and only ever been implemented in this manner occasionally.

It really isn't a big deal!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2739303)   #687
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Okay, so would you be happy to have races like Germany on a regular basis where a battle is heating up and it ruined by the team choosing to let the driver past? Do you like watching that?
I'd prefer team orders to be done in an open and transparent fashion, rather than being lied to with those pseudo-team orders.

So yes.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2739326)   #688
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I'd prefer team orders to be done in an open and transparent fashion, rather than being lied to with those pseudo-team orders.

So yes.
Me too. It happens whenever the teams want it to, and the perfidy of Jenson fuel is critical fuel is critical, or x is faster than you, or Mark turn it on economy and Seb hit the boost button, or the wheel man is battling to get the left wheel nut on etc. gets on my .....

At least we know Massa was the moral victor and he gave up a position on team orders - I am at least convinced I have seen an honest outcome and don't have to ignore the elephants sitting all over the post race interview room!

When Seb ramped over the pit entrance island I just thought, will they choose to penalise this or not? Probably not, would affect the closeness and controversy between the RBR drivers so no, and I was right.
Bearing in mind safety etc. has no bearing on stewards decisions.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2739554)   #689
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Knowlesy is right, it wasn't that common when it was allowed (or even now, faking it). The (generally) slower driver has to be ahead of the (generally) faster one for that to happen.

I'm fine with it.

We might even (occassionally) get a race like Malaysia 1999 too.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2739576)   #690
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Thankyou for that.

However, I gave up halfway through page one I am afraid!
I have to ask why, given the punchy simple-to-read style; a problem with the unpalatable truth perhaps? Or just the structured cogent argument all too much ?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2739584)   #691
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I will listen to anyone arguing against the team orders rule provided you can prove you raised the issue in a forum before Hockenheim. My mail box will have a quiet time on that score.

Mike Lawrence
mike@pitpass.com
Ahem.

Think I should send this chap an email?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2739586)   #692
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Ahem.

Think I should send this chap an email?
You should. He can't ignore a motorsport website like ours and you got a point...
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2739588)   #693
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I have to ask why, given the punchy simple-to-read style; a problem with the unpalatable truth perhaps? Or just the structured cogent argument all too much ?
I think the problem may have been that it was, broadly, a steaming turd. And one that won't flush the first time at that.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2739594)   #694
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think the problem may have been that it was, broadly, a steaming turd. And one that won't flush the first time at that.
I fail to see how you can reach an objective view when you admit to have only read 12.5% of the article.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2739597)   #695
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

15.3 actually.