Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2744701)   #51
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Havng Danica might bring in more money, but -- It would be disappointing to me as I feel she's not that good -- I'll bet Katherine Legge or Simona de Silvestro would do better than her -- equipment being equal.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2744735)   #52
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to see Danica drive a Formula One car in an open test where the times are published; Preferably a 2010 Red Bull. I suspect her management are far too smart for that.

She has probably made more money than any other driver in history with such a lamentable record. As far as I can tell, she has won just one motor race in her entire career, including junior formulae, when everybody else ran out of fuel.

Full credit to Bernie though for giving us something to talk about for a week or so until normality returns.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2744739)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I re-read the thread title, I wondered if Mr Ecclestone may have been shopping for a new wife.. they are around the same height... could be a good fit
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Aug 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2744839)   #54
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
When I re-read the thread title, I wondered if Mr Ecclestone may have been shopping for a new wife.. they are around the same height... could be a good fit
Well danica does have a fetish for older men, so I'd never rule that out. They'd actually be quite the match.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2745369)   #55
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasnt his last comment about Danica that she should dress in white and stay in the kitchen like the other domestic appliances.

Clearly he is not one who has any continuity. He wants no new teams unless they have a huge budget and are quick..... yet is happy to have a driver who is about as slow as synthetic turf is to grow.

Publicity and US Pandering I feel.

Total crap at any rate.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2746423)   #56
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie could do worse than keep his eye on Simona de Silvestro. She's still young (21), has multiple wins in the lower formulae (five wins in Atlantics), is European, and actually has said she'd love to race F1 some day. She's also had several excellent drives in IndyCar this season in a terrible car, though the results don't really show it.

I have no idea if she'll ever get there, but she has legitimate talent, and it's not out of the question that she could drive F1 quite competently one day...
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2746424)   #57
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning View Post
Bernie could do worse than keep his eye on Simona de Silvestro. She's still young (21), has multiple wins in the lower formulae (five wins in Atlantics), is European, and actually has said she'd love to race F1 some day. She's also had several excellent drives in IndyCar this season in a terrible car, though the results don't really show it.

I have no idea if she'll ever get there, but she has legitimate talent, and it's not out of the question that she could drive F1 quite competently one day...
The question is though would someone REALLY want to move from IndyCar to F1? They might say it but F1 seems to be echelons more serious and corporate whereas the atmosphere is much closer to a clubbie at some IndyCar races... I know which I'd rather race in (And not just to avoid Coulthard's chin...)
Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2746643)   #58
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning View Post

I must admit Simona has impressed. Has a good attitude too and I'm sure she'll do well given a decent car.

F1 these days is a really different matter and driving competently simply isn't good enough. There is such a wealth of talent below in GP2 or in DTM I can't see anyone in Indycar crossing over successfully.