Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2917636)   #26
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeesh I forgot about Johnny Cocker, and I couldn't agree more that he needs a real crack at a strong car/team.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2917643)   #27
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going to go a little off since the ultimate goal of my team would to be to win Le Mans itself, so here would be my lineups in 2 cars.

Anthony Davidson/Benoit Treluyer/Julien Jousse

Simon Pagenaud/Jenson Button/Tom Kristensen
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2917645)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
how about Melo-Westbrook ??
))
No thank you. While Jaime can be brilliantly fast, his arrogance and accident-prone driving style doesn't deserve a seat from my team!
Old 3 Jul 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2917648)   #29
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
So , you won the lotto ..... CONGRADULATIONS

Now , you got so much cash floatin about that you can throw away 20 million and build a decent Proto team ..... .
Not enough dosh (20m) to do it. New car development at the level you suggest will cost more--to win LM.

Others will get close--but not win. The gaming field has risen sky high. Triple it, and then you are talking.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2917659)   #30
jp_olifer
Rookie

Portugal
jp_olifer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that dream world, I'd assume it would be possible to convince Porsche to sell a couple of RS Spyders and fit their hybrid powertrain.

As for the drivers, my first choice would have to be João Barbosa, a really great guy that surely deserves a good drive. To add another bit of Portuguese blood, Tiago Monteiro would also fit nicely. Maybe ASM could manage the car and bring Olivier Pla along. And the final piece of the puzzle would be Loic Duval.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2917667)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Jeesh I forgot about Johnny Cocker, and I couldn't agree more that he needs a real crack at a strong car/team.
He'd be a good fit at Strakka, if they went with two cars.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2917670)   #32
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote from the Peugeot 908 thread:

Fassler drove a conservative pace to go along with Audi running a conservative tire strategy during the night. Considering that he ran down and passed Davidson a lap after Ant had gotten by, I don't think that Marcel is a slouch by any length of the imagination.

Andre and Ben, though, won Le Mans by doing what "shouldn't" be done to win--wring the car's neck and drive it like a 100 minute sprint race--if you've seen some of the replays and some footage from Audi TV's new LM video, at one point Ben was litterally flying though the Ford Chicanes, litterally all four wheels were off the ground at one time by bouncing off the curbs.

However, if one can do that consistantly, and not endanger themselves or others, and the car can handle it, then that'll be their trump card.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2917707)   #33
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allan McNish, Kamui Kobayashi and Simon Pagenaud

New Panoz LMP1 Coupe
Old 4 Jul 2011, 07:21 (Ref:2917742)   #34
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd run the HPD ARX-01e with the following line up:

Me - and my mate

My brother - and his mate

My mate happens to be a world class sports car driver so I think he could put it on petrol pole.I could lap within 10 seconds of his time but I won't be in for long as I'll need a fag break.

My brother and his mate, well, they'll be rubbish but who care's because its my money and I'll do what I like with it!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2917859)   #35
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No decided who's driving with who yet but;

Turner
Cocker
Watts
Lotterer
Davison
Pla

Hopefully I've got some cash left for a car...
Old 4 Jul 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2917957)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
McNish - the master for the last few years
Lotterer - his last stint at Le Mans was one of the best I have watched under such pressure
Guy Smith - Totally underatted
Pagenead - top class driver
Old 4 Jul 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2917961)   #37
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Three car team at Lemans

Benoit Treluyer-Andre Lotterer-Loic Duval

Marco Andretti-James Rossiter-Dario Franchitti

Danny Watts-Johnny Kane-Jody Firth (P2 stars)
Old 4 Jul 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2917966)   #38
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Lotterer is Audi's fastest driver whether people want to believe it or not.....For each year he has driven at Audi in Lemans he has set the fastest Race lap of all the Audi drivers....

Would i be far be far off in saying Lotterer is Montagnyesque?.....They both seem to wear their emotions on there sleeves in the cockpit.....they both happen to be given clear track and a car that doesnt have brake balance issues I think the quickest in their team .

Look back to Franck Montagny's breathtaking stints in the Andretti Green Acura Petit Lemans 08.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2918008)   #39
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to go with drivers not currently under a P1 factory contract (so no current Audi or Peugeot drivers)

David Brabham
James Rossiter
Danny Watts

Lucas Luhr
Marco Werner
Guy Smith
Old 4 Jul 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2918046)   #40
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd take the old ARX-02a with the 3.4 litre engine...

Car #15
Ortelli - Capello

Car #55
Pagenaud - Dumas
Old 4 Jul 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2918050)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brabham-Kane

Brabs is bloody quick and knows how to bring a car home , Kane is brilliant in his little HPD and will step up to P1 if the rumours are true , he was also reserve driver for bentley in 2003 ..... thats for one car . Great driver .

Lieb-Wurz

Lieb is blindingly fast , understands the machine and is now a race engineer , as well as being my favourite driver and Wurz , regarded as a brilliant development and test driver , and I like his style ..... I want to drive the Pug , end of story .

Some real interesting line ups coming outta this thread .

Last edited by The Badger; 4 Jul 2011 at 16:55.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 16:50 (Ref:2918052)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Three car team at Lemans

Benoit Treluyer-Andre Lotterer-Loic Duval

Marco Andretti-James Rossiter-Dario Franchitti

Danny Watts-Johnny Kane-Jody Firth (P2 stars)
4 drivers dude .
Old 4 Jul 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2918053)   #43
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
My mate happens to be a world class sports car driver
Who's that then ?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2918195)   #44
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Not enough dosh (20m) to do it. New car development at the level you suggest will cost more--to win LM.

Others will get close--but not win. The gaming field has risen sky high. Triple it, and then you are talking.
no problem - tomorrow night's Euromillions rollover jackpot is 150-odd mill.
As team principal I'd find my team manager first, then get him to recommend the drivers.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2918208)   #45
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Lotterer-Watts
Its Danny Watts time...He's been on pole and won in both the HPD and the Zytek....Lotterer has been Audi's quickest driver for the past two years with the fastest race laps each year for the team.

Rossiter-Montagny
Rossiter is underrated....doesn;t help that he doesnt have a sports car drive...He's in the jettaliance Lotus.....Despite Montangy's shenanigans of late he's been nothing but a clutch driver who storms through the grid in anything he drives....Amazing in the Andretti Green Acura....He's quite the character off the track as well.

The car....An Acura P1(not a honda or an HPD) of course...
Old 5 Jul 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2922373)   #46
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stuck isn't current? He was racing just a few weeks ago.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2922396)   #47
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Rocky - Westbrook

Ricky Taylor - Dominik Farnbacher

Kind of a funny pairing in so far that the old guys are the risk-takers and the young ones those that usually preserve their cars.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2922416)   #48
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Rocky - Westbrook

Ricky Taylor - Dominik Farnbacher

Kind of a funny pairing in so far that the old guys are the risk-takers and the young ones those that usually preserve their cars.
double take....do you mean rockenfeller or "Rocky" from the movies? lol
Old 5 Jul 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2922425)   #49
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ekström - Lotterer

Lotterer kind of speaks for him self and I always thought Mattias Ekström would make a great sports car driver.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2922573)   #50
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Stuck isn't current? He was racing just a few weeks ago.
...in his last race before retirement