Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3693011)   #26
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Lewis went straight into McLaren and missed the title by a point.

When testing was allowed and drove thounsands of miles the season before in the car.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3693012)   #27
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis went straight into McLaren and missed the title by a point.
Yeah, but Lewis was a special case. He was so talented that people actually watched GP2 to watch him race before he entered F1.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3693013)   #28
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Is it true that Lewis said that if he'd known that was going to happen he'd have let Nico win earlier ?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3693017)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's up to him as he's obviously set up for life and he stopped in F1 for 2 years more than his old man, but certainly none of us saw that coming !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3693021)   #30
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso or probably Vettel in for next year.

No wonder Merc were telling Lewis to get a move on!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3693023)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, where did that one come from, I am in shock, that has come out of the blue.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3693036)   #32
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure a number of expensive contract lawyers have just had, or are about to get phone calls!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3693037)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What would it be like to have Max V in that seat? In fact, on reflection, the Honey Badger would be a good fit.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3693041)   #34
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am starting to think how tide into contract is Perez. Although I do think Lewis will have something to say about his teammate and he won't let any top driver taking Nico's seat. This could be Wehrlein from next year, or someopne like Massa back from retirement and Pascal from 2018 for good.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3693050)   #35
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Maldonado or Takuma Sato for me. F1 boring and predictable..never.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3693052)   #36
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I didn't see that coming.
My words exactly.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3693055)   #37
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
huh? They already have an experienced Brit in the team, and a strong driver development program with a number of candidates.
But McLaren may have an unexpected vacancy for their 'reserve driver' if Alonso can find a suitable loophole in his contract...
Old 2 Dec 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3693066)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Who'd have thought it? But he won the championship deservedly and it's his decision not to continue, he has been honest about why he's doing this, so I wish him well in retirement. This will be the first season since 1994 we have not had the reigning champion on the grid

Who to replace him? Well Jorge recently tested for Merc...
Old 2 Dec 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3693074)   #39
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think most drivers will be looking into the finer details of the terms and conditions of their contracts!!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3693087)   #40
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can say in all my years I don't ever remember being hit with crazy unexpected news of this magnitude. I have been watching F1 since the GV days. When I say news...I mean administrative news not "bad" news. All in all it is a sad day for me. After following Keke's career very closely and now his son wins and retires?? I was looking forward to a less pressure season from Nico. Well, if anyone has to choose when to retire it might as well be on top. I watched many of Nico's blogs, watched his post championship interviews etc. He mentions the importance of his family and friends. He even thanked his wife on the podium which I don't ever recall a driver doing. After looking back at his career and everything after the championship win I can understand it now. He has his family and friends and a championship. What more would anyone want. He sure has more than Hamilton.

Looking back at the start of the race, Nico was already thinking that it could be his last. You have to wonder because because it is a double edged sword of course one edge being sharper than the other. The one thought it could be his last race and the other is the loss of a championship and the beginning of another gruelling season. He ended up winning with the pressure coming from the front,the back and from within. Remarkable.

Best wishes to you Nico Rosberg and thank you for the memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3693091)   #41
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I think he made the right call. He achieved his dream, he emulated Keke which has a nice symetery to it, he probably knew in his heart that he wouldn't win it again and he didn't want the commitment required to do it again. He walks away unscathed, a world champion and a rich man. Well done Nico.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:12 (Ref:3693093)   #42
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...erg-retirement

Keeping it classy, Lewis. "First time he's won in 18 years." Sigh.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3693094)   #43
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...erg-retirement

Keeping it classy, Lewis. "First time he's won in 18 years." Sigh.
stop mis quoting and paraphrasing to make lewis sound like a dick...heres the full interview for anyone who wants to form a balanced view....

But Hamilton, who spoke in Vienna after Rosberg's announcement, said he had seen it coming.

"The sport will miss him and I'm sure it was a surprise for many people," he said. "I'm probably one of the only people it was not a surprise to, but that's because I have known him for a long, long time. But this is motor racing."

Hamilton and Rosberg started karting together in their early teens and have followed similar career trajectories before being matched as teammates in F1 at Mercedes in 2013.

Asked if he would miss the rivalry, Hamilton added: "Well, this is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it's not a surprise that he decided to stop. But also he's got a family to focus on and probably wants to have more children and Formula One takes up so much of your time.

"In terms of missing the rivalry, of course [I will]. We started out when we were 13 and we would always talk about being champions and when I joined this team Nico was there -- again which was something we talked about when we were kids. It's definitely going to be very strange and for sure I will be sad not to have him in the team next year."

Hamilton had talked about his desire to beat Rosberg in a straight fight next year, but the announcement means he will now be paired with a new teammate.

"Of course it is a shame that he won't allow me to fight it to take it back, but that was his choice and I respect his decision -- go out on top while you can. I have a different viewpoint. I won the championship the last two years and I gave an opportunity each year to have another shot for someone.

"That is genuinely how I am and I consistently believe in my ability and what I can do each year. Even if I was to win again most likely I'd like to get another opportunity. I like being challenged by different competitors, but again we have been racing for 18 years so it's not the worst scenario."
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3693102)   #44
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, with the benefit of the whole interview...., still sounds like the ungracious self-centred individual we've all grown to know and love.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3693108)   #45
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
Well, with the benefit of the whole interview...., still sounds like the ungracious self-centred individual we've all grown to know and love.
so ungracious and self centres that he praises nico several times in the article..., every time he gets out of the car hes thanking his team, and every time hes on the podium he thanks the fans...

...oh and not to mention the charity work

...but yeh youre right, obviously ungracious and self centred
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3693109)   #46
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
Yep. Still manages to sound like a dick.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3693112)   #47
ascarracinguk
Veteran

and to some people he always will.....but hey you cant like everyone or change peoples minds...hey ho
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3693117)   #48
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
and to some people he always will.....but hey you cant like everyone or change peoples minds...hey ho
After having competed against each other over an 18 year period, and Rosberg just announcing his immediate retirement after attaining the one thing that he has coveted since childhood, Hamilton can't just wish him luck and say just nice things.

No, as usual he has to be graceless and say that it is the only time in 18 years that he has beaten him.

It is irrelevant if that was only a small part of what he said; that is the bit that sticks out, and is what many followers of F1 are all commenting on.

And some people wonder why he is disliked by a fair number of F1 "fans"!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3693119)   #49
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't we, for once, have a thread about Rosberg?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3693122)   #50
RoverSport
Rookie

RoverSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking forward to a relaxed and even faster Rosberg next season so really disappointed to read this and suspect he will regret his decision.

I would love to see Ricciardo replace Rosberg, more than capable of putting Hamilton in his place again but doubt it will happen with the rule changes next season Mercedes could be the new Mclaren although I doubt it.

By the way, my first post!