Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 8 Dec 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2350377)   #1
giancarlokarter
Rookie

United Kingdom
giancarlokarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
motorsport fitness

Hi has anyone got any tips or advice for all the fitness aspects need'd in long race's. like stuff you can do at home or out side. For long races like a 3 hour race.

thanks
Old 11 Dec 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2352871)   #2
nik
Rookie

Switzerland
Kent
nik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheapest thing to do would be long runs and bike rides, other than that would be to get down the gym a few nights a week alternating between weights and cardio.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2365114)   #3
stig72
Rookie

Ireland
Devon UK
stig72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi
before taking any exersise get pro advise, running causes lower back, and jolts to your legs, these muscles are heavily pownded in a kart as it is. Speak to your local gym and get a simple program, explain exactly what presures and effects of driving a kart has and what you normally find is sore or weak after driving so that can be a starting point!
Anything that can aid better breathing, longer staminar and focus is the way forward.
Use light weights to work out as you do not want to build to much muscle as it ads wieght, rowing, steps, swimming are all good
Old 12 Apr 2009, 04:48 (Ref:2439097)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I would agree with the stig

Cardio and endurance is the way to go.
wrist strength as well (or maybe thats just me as my wrists hurt like hell after a race)

Ive been trying to do some cardio work like step aerobics and light jogging and i have also been hitting the weights over the past 3 or 4 months.

as Im only a small fella I have to add lead to my kart and because of the excercise I have been doing the last meeting i was able to remove 3kg of lead because I have bulked up a little (mainly in arms and chest)

but getting good advice from a gym is an excellent idea if you want to go down that avenue
Old 1 Jul 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2494424)   #5
giancarlokarter
Rookie

United Kingdom
giancarlokarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ye im going up in to TKM EXTREME and i need to put 9 kils of lead on lol
Old 24 Dec 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3181715)   #6
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I`m sure you don`t need to be told this, but in any form of motorsport the best way to improve your physical conditioning for a particular discipline, in this case karting, is actually driving the kart in anger, as this puts strain on the muscles that you will be using during a race.

However, outside the track, I would focus on upper body strength and endurance, as keeping your concentration throughout is pivotal. Anyway, I am by no means an expert, just trying to help.