Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 31 Jan 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3196677)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrive and Drive

Heard recently that RSR Nurburg are about to introduce a full training program whereby it will be possible to arrange a full package focusing on Historic Racing. There will be a choice of proper historic Cars to use to obtain a race license,training on either the Ring or Spa. Then if you wish,a full package for arrive and drive,help/advice on safety clothing, helmets etc etc. A full weeks training on both circuits? Race Heaven.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3196782)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
presumably no change out of 5 big ones?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3196906)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of people could be pleasantly surprised.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3198499)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Can I pop down and see if I can Break the 10 mins in my Transit like Sabi !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Feb 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3198647)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post

You would be more than welcome Gordon.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3198822)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Is this some sort of Sting like claim Gordon?

Transtric or something?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3198827)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jeez, this will be expensive I imagine, the cost of damage alone would mean their premiums would be gigantic

But knowing a few people in the game they make so much money anyway from hiring that I cant imagine it will make much difference, plenty of people want to do this, and historics are these days a licence to print money for motorsport in general

Clever marketing though, and a whole new generation to tap into
Old 4 Feb 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3199040)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Is this some sort of Sting like claim Gordon?

Transtric or something?
I doubt if I could last a few seconds with her at my age
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Feb 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3199077)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Jeez, this will be expensive I imagine, the cost of damage alone would mean their premiums would be gigantic

But knowing a few people in the game they make so much money anyway from hiring that I cant imagine it will make much difference, plenty of people want to do this, and historics are these days a licence to print money for motorsport in general

Clever marketing though, and a whole new generation to tap into

Easy,dont go off into the Armco! 16000 Euros for nine metres to be replaced if its needed. Also,the cars we have are all expensive,therefore expensive to look after.The training given is second to none,in both track craft and getting the most from a given car.It is possible to learn more in a week than some take years to learn. "A day in a foundry will teach more about metal than reading about it for years" comes to mind.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3237673)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The rental car fleet has grown! There is now an E30 M3,3.1 X Pack Capri [273 bhp] As well as the Alfa 75s,GT3RSs,Megane Coupes and Saloon racer cars.258 Ferrari,Porsche GT3RS/GT4RS. Really not as expensive as some would think.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3237830)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where are these people based then?

I saw no evidence of their fleet this weekend in the Eifel mountains?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3238744)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
1 Antonius Weg,Nurburg. Go through the village,past the BMW showroom to the fork,follow the road and around 400 meters turn right down the hill about 150 mtrs,turn left.Thats it.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3238989)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh I know where RSR is

But didn't see any evidence of a new fleet, and to be honest there were far more people using other rental firms!!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3239006)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Lot of people use cheaper companys get cheap cars to use,simple
Old 25 Apr 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3239159)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, I guess we come from different worlds financially! ut spending 100 quid to do a lap in a standard Swift is not really cheap! Especially when the car is basically standard!

But I guess if you want to spend thousands renting a BMW or POrsche RSR is for you, thats why I hardly saw any of their cars on track!! lol
Old 26 Apr 2013, 05:26 (Ref:3239521)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It is not "thousands",have you actually checked the costing?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3239543)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I did look the first time I went and sadly they were pricier than the other firms who rented fairly cheap cars out on the Ring.

They had a very good variety but seemed far more interested in the the guys with more money to spend to be honest, renting out Lotuses and POrsches and BMW's far sooner than other rental places.

And as I said over the time I was there other firms seemed far busier? One even managed to commandeer part of the car park which is a very very good way to pick up one lap wonders.

They are also based near Spa aswell, so guess dividing time aswell
Old 26 Apr 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3239617)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thats correct,we do just as much at Spa as the Ring.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3239780)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I didn't realise a lot of the stuff they do is for the road not track, so not real ring rental!
Old 27 Apr 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3239920)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Errrr,are we talking about the same company? We do highspeed,ie,unrestricted,road tours as well as the trackdays that also use Potimao,Asccari,Dijon and so on plus Spa Premium TDs [over 12 tds at Spa alone remaining to do]Apart from those,we still have the arrive and drive at the RING,this is a walk in service,open daily plus of course all and every track day+ VLN Track Experience's,dont really think there is much else to offer. Have you actually visited RSRs web site? Perhaps you've missed some things on there.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3239967)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Of course, what I meant was that they fofer road and tour rentals aswell as just pure ring rentals.

You might be able to answer a question. When you go to buy a ring ticket, it mentions there that you can do laps on the GP track, one I have always wanted to lap on.

Do you know when this particular track is open for laps?
Old 27 Apr 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3239988)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Best just to keep a check on the official Nurburgring Web site,not sure if they have pre-planned dates. It usually costs around 40 Euros for about ten laps I think.Nice circuit and well worth doing.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3240182)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Yes I know, one I would love to drive

But not sure where you find out where it is open?
Old 7 May 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3243871)   #24
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Yes I know, one I would love to drive

But not sure where you find out where it is open?
This is the best place: http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/calendar.php
Old 9 May 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3244960)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
That's touristenfahrten days
I am looking for when the new GP track is open, I think it might be Wednesdays?