Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 May 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3076763)   #76
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Saw a black SRT-10 Ram pickup a couple of days ago. Smaller then I thought but still stood out. And the thought of a V10 powered ute is something else.

We have one in our town. Most utes here are used by builders or farmers, but this one was squeaky clean and seemed to be "jacked-up".

I felt sorry for the driver - he must have terrible eyesight. The cab-top was covered in extra spotlights to aid his vision. Perhaps the old saying is correct, about that thing that makes young men go blind.
Old 21 May 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3077352)   #77
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That'll be the KKK option pack then.
Old 21 May 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3077354)   #78
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's crossed my mind that Jaguar might do an Essex special edition convertible in white with a white hood and call it the XKKK.

Old 24 May 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3078721)   #79
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Nice Minor 1000 on a J-plate (last year?) and a Minor softtop waiting at the MOT station (white with maroon mohair).

Also an absolutely immaculate Ford Model-A in Royal Blue with black mudguards - couldn't see if it was a Tudor or Fordor (oh, those wacky Yanks!)
Old 25 May 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3079143)   #80
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Saw my first Renault Twizy last night. I know that Renault are pretty good at achieving high marks in the statutory crash tests, but that thing beggars belief. Presumably it's a car, and not a quadricycle.

I wouldn't fancy contact with a 38=tonner whilst driving one.
Old 28 May 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3080752)   #81
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spotted a Pontiac Solstice parked in town yesterday. Rather pretty I thought - sort of BMW meets Boxster.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3082980)   #82
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Spotted a Pontiac Solstice parked in town yesterday. Rather pretty I thought - sort of BMW meets Boxster.
My dad bought one of the Saturn Sky versions of the car. Not bad. A bit like Z4 meets Boxster, minus the Europe craftsmanship.

Not bad on fuel mileage, but my mother looks a lot better in it than me or my father.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3083160)   #83
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
A Ford Pop 100E - power in motion. Sidevalve engine and 3-speed box, just wonderful fun on the motorway.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3084390)   #84
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Last night a cherry-red TVR Tamora and a '65 Sprite MkII - haven't cars got so much bigger?

(Pity the TVR was parked - the noise they make is just wonderful).
Old 3 Jun 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3084784)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Saw my first Renault Twizy last night. I know that Renault are pretty good at achieving high marks in the statutory crash tests, but that thing beggars belief. Presumably it's a car, and not a quadricycle.

I wouldn't fancy contact with a 38=tonner whilst driving one.
I saw my first (on the road) in Stuttgart last week.

I also saw, perhaps less surprisingly, three G-Wagons.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3084978)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A Ford Pop 100E - power in motion. Sidevalve engine and 3-speed box, just wonderful fun on the motorway.
One of my mates had one in the 60s with a close ratio box fitted.
It was almost impossible to pull away on any slope if he was carrying any passengers and was forever putting new clutches in it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jun 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3086919)   #87
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Just seen a Rover P5B saloon on a trailer in eminently restorable condition. So nice to see a saloon instead of the ubiquitous coupe.

Reminds me of Downing Street, and dear old Maggie.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3087012)   #88
BajaTom
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester/ Cheshire
BajaTom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not too long back I saw a yellow Ferrari F40 .. was lovely overtook me on the Motorway back from Leeds.

Also saw a Lexus LFA .. kind of trawling round Chester, I thought that was quite cool as I didn't expect to ever really see one
Old 9 Jun 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3087901)   #89
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Saw two cars probably on their way to a show - Austin A35 and Mini-Minor.I was struck by how they were both overall the same size, but the Mini had a cabin area so much larger.

So Alex Issigonis was right. The greeks are good at some things then, like cooking lamb, and introducing great advances in motor car design. Pity they can't live within their means.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3088396)   #90
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
A Vauxhall Ampera actually on the road! Mind you, it was covered in graphics which suggested that it was a dealer's demo car. Has anyone bought one yet?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3088808)   #91
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a Holden/Chevrolet Volt on Friday evening, they are not on sale yet so I suspect it was a Holden employee taking it for a long weekend trip, it was heading towards the coast.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3091872)   #92
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
There's a big show here on Sunday - I'll go if the rain stops .

Saw an Austin 7 special going there (home-made body all flat panels and single curvature), a Riley Brooklands, appropriately on what was the old Tourist Trophy course, and a delightful GN , with skiff body and large single headlamp in front of the pointed-V radiator.

All occupants open to the elements - hardy types these VSCC bods. (Modern F1 would have called out the safety-car, oooohhh it's raining, too dangerous!)
Old 16 Jun 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3092124)   #93
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Saw one of those "elastic" Renault Twizy "things" two up yesterday
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jun 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3093433)   #94
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Saw one of those "elastic" Renault Twizy "things" two up yesterday

Two up???? Surprised it had the power to move.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3095857)   #95
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Nice almond green Morris Oxford MO, a cute little Fiat 500 Giadiniera (haven't seen one for years) and a latest-model Honda civic 3-door.

The reason I mentioned this last car is that I was astounded by the siting of the rear-light cluster. It's on the very end of the large rear spoiler which splits the rear screen. The local bodyshops can start stocking-up now. Perfect height for flat-bed trucks, passing cyclists, and drunken vandals.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 05:00 (Ref:3097574)   #96
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I was outside the grocery store today, just minding my own business () and I looked to see, just in time, a BMW M3 and a Mercedes back out at the same time and collide. I laughed but at the same time it was hard for me to see those two beautiful cars hit each other.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3097680)   #97
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I was outside the grocery store today, just minding my own business () and I looked to see, just in time, a BMW M3 and a Mercedes back out at the same time and collide. I laughed but at the same time it was hard for me to see those two beautiful cars hit each other.
Excellent quip..

I saw a Renault 5 van today (called a Fourgon?) - haven't seen a hatchback for a long time so a van was a surprise. It was outside premises of a carwash/slightly-used tyre business run by gentlemen from the Baltic States. Hmmm.

Also a black Fiat Barchetta with hardtop, Austin A30 and a red MGB roadster with minilites.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3097709)   #98
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent quip..

I saw a Renault 5 van today (called a Fourgon?) - haven't seen a hatchback for a long time so a van was a surprise. It was outside premises of a carwash/slightly-used tyre business run by gentlemen from the Baltic States. Hmmm.

Also a black Fiat Barchetta with hardtop, Austin A30 and a red MGB roadster with minilites.
Renault 5's in both saloon & van form are still two-a-penny here, not surprisingly, as also are Peugeot 205's. We have '91 205 Junior as our local runaround & it's given us six years unblemished service so perhaps not surprising they are so popular. Don't know if it'll ever make classic status as there are simply so many of them. GTI's, particularly unmolested ones, and Cabriolets have reached that elevated state though.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3098313)   #99
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw this on Sunday, parked a few cars away from me at Mallory Park.

Old 28 Jun 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3099217)   #100
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Don't know if it'll ever make classic status as there are simply so many of them.
Give it another 20 years...