Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2002, 16:19 (Ref:285269)   #1
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's go on strike!!!

If we the fans don't take drastic action against the sport for what happened at the A-1 ring then we can only expect to see more of the same **** over and over again...we all know this is not real racing don't we??? If we keep watching then they won't get the picture that we are fed up with this ****!!!

The only way the fat cats who run this joke of a sport will take notice is if we burn them through their wallets! I propose that we organise a "real racing fans" strike of F1, just for one race, to let these people know that it is still the fans who make this sport what it is...we have the power here!!! So I beg you, tell everyone you know through all your forums, websites, chat rooms, etc etc to get together and make this happen! So sleep in, read a book, spend some time with your family, or watch something else for a couple of hours come Sunday...I know it may be hard but it's only one race...and come on we all know what the result will be anyways don't we

If it worked, I mean if these boys saw a real dip in ratings you can bet your ass there'd be some changes in how this sport runs! These people need a wake up call!!...and so do we!!

Viva la revolution!!!!!

Old 13 May 2002, 16:24 (Ref:285279)   #2
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
If you think you can handle it lets get some pledges here...

I Ted Graham, do hereby sware not to watch the Monaco GP, taking place on the 26th of May 2002!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:27 (Ref:285283)   #3
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can handle it surely.. Monaco is the most boring race on calender anyway..
Old 13 May 2002, 16:28 (Ref:285284)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ted, i've paid a lot of money to go to silverstone in july, do you suggest i don't go to that either?

at the end of the day, by deciding not to watch a race or 2, we are only denying ourselves, no-one else!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:37 (Ref:285299)   #5
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
If you read my post mr v I said only ONE race (i.e. Monaco) just to get certain people's attention! If you have tickets to Monaco this is understandable...but surely us watching at home can afford to miss one race for the greater good of F1!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:41 (Ref:285300)   #6
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems slighty stupid to me, it don't matter if 10 people watch a race or 10,000 Ferrari will still cheat.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:42 (Ref:285301)   #7
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You won't even show up on television ratings!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:42 (Ref:285302)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
my apologies TEDDY, however, whilst i agree with your principals, i also enjoy watching (prodominantly i might add) other teams to ferrari, i would quite happily strike in other ways though..i shall go and cancel my order for a 360 modena, not eat tic tacs, definatly not go with vodaphone ever and never smoke marlboroughs!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:44 (Ref:285304)   #9
DMC
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
and never smoke marlboroughs!
You mustn't smoke them now or you'd notice Marlboro written on the packs.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:45 (Ref:285306)   #10
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about we don't watch Hungary - that's always boring, and MS will probably wrap up the championship there!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:46 (Ref:285307)   #11
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
no of course DMC... not me alone that's the point of the post!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:46 (Ref:285309)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC

You mustn't smoke them now or you'd notice Marlboro written on the packs.
however, if ferrari ever produce a dictionary, i may be tempted!!

don't look at fag packets anymore, gave up last september!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:48 (Ref:285310)   #13
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
Seems slighty stupid to me, it don't matter if 10 people watch a race or 10,000 Ferrari will still cheat.
The point is to get sponsors and the people who run the show sweating bullets and to get them talking about how to change this sport we love for the better....is this the type of racing you want to see???
Old 13 May 2002, 16:48 (Ref:285311)   #14
DMC
Racer

Australia
Marlboro is written on every conceivable advertising space at almost every Grand Prix, how can you not know how to spell it?
Old 13 May 2002, 16:54 (Ref:285323)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC
Marlboro is written on every conceivable advertising space at almost every Grand Prix, how can you not know how to spell it?
just goes to prove how advertising doesn't always work DMC, as i don't smoke anymore i may see it but don't think about it!
Old 13 May 2002, 16:56 (Ref:285325)   #16
DMC
Racer

Australia
Fair enough.