Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1569096)   #1
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Michael Schumacher Retire After This season

With hardly any wins last year due to rule changes and that stupid tyre rule..

Has Michael Still got it in him to be at the top,
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1569110)   #2
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

01Mclaren-fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the right car yes he has got it in him, but not in the same team as Alonso or Raikkonen!!

If things carry on the way it has this season then yes he will decide to retire if he has'nt decided already!

If these Raikkonen to Ferrari storys are true then i feels he is retiring because i cant see him racing him in the sames team!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1569149)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzF1rocks
With hardly any wins last year due to rule changes and that stupid tyre rule..
Please explain.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1569276)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
In my opinion Schumacher is still at the level where he could have any current F1 driver as his team-mate, and come out on top.

Both Fernando Alonso & Kimi Raikkonen are capable of matching him for pace, but I feel that Shumacher's experience & intelligence would allow him a slight edge over his younger rivals.

Like Jenson Button, he is currently driving a car incapable of challenging Renault, yet he is being criticised as he is not winning Grands Prix.

As for whether he will retire after 2006, that depends on a great many factors, which only Schumacher, his family & his close advisors will be aware of. Should he decide to stay, I would envisage him acheiving further success, providing he has the right machinery beneath him.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1569278)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I thought the stupid tyre rule was last season?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1569431)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Please explain.
Quite impressive that the first post needs this reply and takes the thread off topic! As that assumption is by no means a definitive fact I suggest that this tyre discussion has its own thread if needed. Although there have been many on it already.

On this topics thread. Will Michael retire? I'm going for no, although am far from certain. Personally I hope not as he is still in the top three IMHO and could well still be the man.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1569452)   #7
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Why should he retire when his fitness is at a peak, but the car isnt. Best switch to a team to offer him the chequered flag again; perhaps back in Flavios arms?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1569456)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think he will leave Ferrari to drive for another team, but won't be prepared to give the time needed for Ferrari to turn things round, and what with these Kimi to Ferrari rumours still persisting, i believe he will retire at the end of this season.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1569458)   #9
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
It could happen; MS to Renault, FA who goes to McClaren, JPM off to Red Bull, Fisi left to trail his Leader again in 2008

Last edited by djinvicta; 3 Apr 2006 at 20:30. Reason: Muck up
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1569459)   #10
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think so. However, the question I would ask is should he?

He is the greatest and Alonso and Kimi will need many years to match him - how sad it will be if he leaves the sport mid-pack. Too many great sportsmen and women leave it too late and somehow lose some of the glory.

I take my hat off to people who judge it well and quit at the top. The trouble is born competitors find it hard to quit. It's like me with a box of Ritz crackers - mmm - I think I fancy just one more.

If Ferrari continue to undeperform, will he ever get a championship winning car that will enable him to beat FA. I'm not sure he will. If so, he should quit when he was remembered for being invincible - but isn't hindsight a great thing!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1569462)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm I actually remember an interview back in 2000 when he said that he would like to continue at Ferrrari untill 2008. Those were the days when I was a big fan of Schui since his debut in F1 nine years before when I just learnt to walk I guess lol..I was a huge Schui fan untill mid 2002 when it took the **** and I hoped he would never retire...Those were the days when I hated anyone other then Schumacher, I prayed that the Mclarens would retire..little did I know that I wouldn't care if and when Schumacher could retire from F1 a few years down the line and would strangly be neutral when watching F1 which has taken the excitment for me out of it mostly...But anyway lol I hope he does stay for one or two more years. I really want him to battle Alonso and Raikkonen hell chuck in Montoya down to the line! 2003 was the year.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1569463)   #12
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Problem is; its now too late; hes not invincible. You make a good point, pass the Ritz
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1569465)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think there's every chance he could move to another team for one final serious title shot, if Ferrari fail to provide him with decent equipment.

I can't see him being happy without one last title and then immediate retirement!

But then again, I'm not Michael Schumacher!

luke, it's only yesterday you had a Schuey avatar and sig!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1569467)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry DJ - the Ritz are all gone!

I knew I should have quit at 9.37pm.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1569470)   #15
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Now you sound like MS; "I knew I should have quit...
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1569471)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

luke, it's only yesterday you had a Schuey avatar and sig!
Lol, actually an hour a go. I was watching the '95 and '93 review earlier and it brought back the memories...Its weird incase you don't know where I stand..since the end of '02 I've had little interest in F1 and I've been a neutral fan....I just like to reflect on the good years.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1569473)   #17
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Ah the 1979 Lotus - now that should never have quit!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1569607)   #18
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
I don't think so. However, the question I would ask is should he?

He is the greatest and Alonso and Kimi will need many years to match him - how sad it will be if he leaves the sport mid-pack. Too many great sportsmen and women leave it too late and somehow lose some of the glory.

I take my hat off to people who judge it well and quit at the top. The trouble is born competitors find it hard to quit. It's like me with a box of Ritz crackers - mmm - I think I fancy just one more.

If Ferrari continue to undeperform, will he ever get a championship winning car that will enable him to beat FA. I'm not sure he will. If so, he should quit when he was remembered for being invincible - but isn't hindsight a great thing!
I never thought I would ever even partially agree with HA - but I do here - partially agree that is.

I have a box of Ritz Crackers around here somewhere - probably out date, 'cos I knew when to stop.

TGF will go when he's ready, and yes, hindsight is a great thing.

I think Ferrari should have 'jumped' on Alonso liked they did on MS back in whenever - I don't think McLaren will do anything for him (Alonso). But, - hindsight is the thingy!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1569653)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
Ah the 1979 Lotus - now that should never have quit!
I never really liked the Esprit.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 02:18 (Ref:1569685)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He still is the man..come on! Why should Michael retire? He can wipe the floor with the lot of them in the right equipment.. and they are *all* for the most part very talented drivers.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1569691)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Michael and any teammate and Michael comes out on top IMHO. He's still got it, and I'm sure we'll get a chance to see it again when the Ferrari gets sorted.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1569788)   #22
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
all good things must come to an end...
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1570086)   #23
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think hes still got it...of course things are gonna come to an end but I would like to see him go out on top. Like him or not he is giong to be remembered as one of the greats. He still seems to make many fewer mistakes than Kimi even after the hype Kimi has gotten. Experience conuts for a lot
Old 4 Apr 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1570529)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another opinion; I feel that Michael wants to be competetive this season, that is, be in the mix and with a few wins to his name. I suspect that he not TOO concerned about another championship. If this comes true then he will put in one more year when he feels he can make it eight titles.
What evidence do I have?
When Alonso exited the pits in Bahrain alongside Michael he took the lead and went on to win. Do you seriously think that the Schumacher of 2001/2005 would have let that happen?
Liuzzi passed him in Oz relatively easily, would that have happened a year or so ago?
I doubt it.
He is more relaxed this year and weighing his options, can I still race these guys with the right car? Yes! Then I'll have one more crack at it in 2007. No! I will pack it in and go fishing.

Am I thinking straight or am I Ritz?
Old 5 Apr 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1571696)   #25
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the rule was last season i was just saying it didnt help him last year..