Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jun 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3087238)   #601
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Indeed.
start to prepare the champagne bottle
Old 8 Jun 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3087265)   #602
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
Who ran the GT3 R Hybrid? Porsche, or not, that is probably who will end running the car since it is clear they have the factory blessing.
That was an inhouse Porsche project. Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt it entered in the previous N24 under the Manthey banner. In name only Im guessing. Besides the Hybrid is a test bed for the factory so that would rule out any privateer running it.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3087277)   #603
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That was an inhouse Porsche project. Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt it entered in the previous N24 under the Manthey banner. In name only Im guessing. Besides the Hybrid is a test bed for the factory so that would rule out any privateer running it.
That is what I thought. I believe Manthey assisted in the VLN and N24, but not for the ILMC races at Petit Le Mans and Zhuhai where it was in an experimental class.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3087279)   #604
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That is what I thought. I believe Manthey assisted in the VLN and N24, but not for the ILMC races at Petit Le Mans and Zhuhai where it was in an experimental class.
Yes that would be right. Have Manthey for its vast experience in VLN and Porsche Motorsport itself for the ILMC races where it has the experience to go alone.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 05:07 (Ref:3087290)   #605
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I do believe Porsche will handle this entirely in house maybe even having Norbert Singer popping his head in I was just saying Penske runs at top class outfit, and has past relationship with Porsche. To say they couldn't succeed at Le Mans is quite ridiculous, but again this is all speculation and I have always liked Roger Penske.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3087297)   #606
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
What would be the main sponsor of Porsche in 2014???

Any gueses??

Martini?????
DHL????
Castrol????
Martini Racing colors would be fine and DHL used to be knows Penske/ALMS times.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3087300)   #607
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
It seems like every Porsche thread turns into an argument. The deal is as follows... Porsche can do no wrong and Le Mans is the "center of the universe".

Is anyone here privy to what pieces Patrick Long was testing? The RSR can use all the help it can get and I would love to see some new pieces on it for Le Mans.
At first I was quite sure that he has just testing parts, but given what we just learned from our freindly and gracious Falken PR person, I'm no longer sure that it is'nt connected to the 991 RSR.

Quote:
One other thing. I have been trying to get information from someone at Weissach in regards to an engine I have for over a month now. The only logical explanation for this must be that they are completely focused on their 2014 challenger. Why else would they make someone as important as myself wait.

I'm sorry to hear this. Porsche have obviously misread the level of importance you carry. Is it a Motorsport engine? .
Old 8 Jun 2012, 05:48 (Ref:3087301)   #608
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Correct. Porsche used Manthey logisitcs for the race.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3087534)   #609
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
At first I was quite sure that he has just testing parts, but given what we just learned from our freindly and gracious Falken PR person, I'm no longer sure that it is'nt connected to the 991 RSR.

I'm sorry to hear this. Porsche have obviously misread the level of importance you carry. Is it a Motorsport engine? .

I thought the same thing after hearing our inside information. We are very lucky to have Falken here. I was just wishing that Porsche had found a way to extract more speed from the current RSR.

Porsche have made a gross error in neglecting me. The last time they crossed me I sent them a little present in the form of Mr. Wiedeking. Come to think of it, I only hurt myself with that one. Racing stopped and the money started rolling in.

The engine is the old TAG/Turbo.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3087938)   #610
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Side note here; I'm sure Porsche were ecstatic when Manthey managed inadvertently designed the next Porsche at the end of the race
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3088014)   #611
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Martini Racing colors would be fine and DHL used to be knows Penske/ALMS times.
Martini... liquor sponsor?
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3088016)   #612
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It seems like every Porsche thread turns into an argument. The deal is as follows... Porsche can do no wrong and Le Mans is the "center of the universe".

No comment on the first part of that statement but I've no problem with the second.....
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3088018)   #613
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Martini... liquor sponsor?
What do you mean?

I agree it's stupid to expect sponsors just because they sponsored something 40 years ago, but it's not like the company and branding is totally gone from racing.

http://i.imgur.com/iTVGL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pK86v.jpg

Last edited by deggis; 9 Jun 2012 at 14:24.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3088019)   #614
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
What do you mean?

I agree it's stupid to expect sponsors just because they sponsored something 40 years ago, but it's not like the company and branding is totally gone from racing.

http://i.imgur.com/iTVGL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pK86v.jpg

Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3088252)   #615
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
pretty sure it's banned in France though, if not Italy.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3088272)   #616
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
infact alcholics commercials are banned in france. In 2010 highcroft acura didn't show any patron logo.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3088345)   #617
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Apparently, and not only in sports but also on television.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol...rship_in_sport
Old 10 Jun 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3088348)   #618
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The French need to have a word with themselves as it's denying us some great liveries and potential sponsor investment.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3088391)   #619
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The French need to have a word with themselves as it's denying us some great liveries and potential sponsor investment.
Absolutely.

I also think smoking is evil right up until the moment a cigarette comapny sticks its logo on a car. Gitanes should be banned from actually producing cigarettes but should be made by French law to livery at least one car at Le Mans.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3088403)   #620
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah, agree. Surely they can keep the livery, but without the actual wording? When Wales played France a few years ago, instead of Brains, they had the word Brawn....very clever I think. Maybe instead of Martini, why not Michelin.....??? In fact, in the Aussie V8's, the Jim Beam team run as The Team in MiddleEast races - so it can be done.

Can teams afford to turn down sponsors just because of one race, now part of a World Championship???
Old 10 Jun 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3088414)   #621
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Yeah, agree. Surely they can keep the livery, but without the actual wording? When Wales played France a few years ago, instead of Brains, they had the word Brawn....very clever I think. Maybe instead of Martini, why not Michelin.....??? In fact, in the Aussie V8's, the Jim Beam team run as The Team in MiddleEast races - so it can be done.
http://www.autoinfection.com/wp-cont...-f1-ej10-1.jpg
http://f1.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/1200/1200.jpg

And of course Ferrari kept the obvious barcode (no longer so obvious) until last year and that's also when they finally dropped Marlboro from the official team name. Marlboro still remains as their sponsor.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3088445)   #622
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Can teams afford to turn down sponsors just because of one race, now part of a World Championship???
That's the wrong question. The right one is: Will a sponsor be interested if he can't be on the car at the most important race?

Answer: Nope.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3088448)   #623
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Especially with an iconic livery like Martini you don't need the exact letters on the car... people will still know what the livery is representing.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3088507)   #624
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know who they were trying to fool by banning tobacco sponsorship (and liquor adverts in France), if they really wanted to solve the problem, they'd have enforced stricter rules on sales. Seems everytime I head past a corner shop, some chavvy 15 year old is walking out with a pack of fags...

I can't wait to get more details on the Porsche effort, I wonder how many cars who and who would fill their seats, could we expect a call up from the Porsche GTE teams assuming they want to keep driving strictly in house?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3088513)   #625
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
I don't know who they were trying to fool by banning tobacco sponsorship (and liquor adverts in France), if they really wanted to solve the problem, they'd have enforced stricter rules on sales. Seems everytime I head past a corner shop, some chavvy 15 year old is walking out with a pack of fags...

I can't wait to get more details on the Porsche effort, I wonder how many cars who and who would fill their seats, could we expect a call up from the Porsche GTE teams assuming they want to keep driving strictly in house?
I imagine they will have the majority of their 9 'factory' drivers in on the LMP1 project.