Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 30 Sep 2007, 15:25 (Ref:2026989)   #126
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry for the latest notice but I have only just found out this programme is on but at 17.30 this evening on ITV4 there is a tribute programme on called Colin McRae Tribute - Pedal to the Metal.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2027152)   #127
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah- watched it even though i have the full video of it apart from the tributes from drivers and workmates etc..-that was the new bit
Old 4 Oct 2007, 08:35 (Ref:2030581)   #128
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
At this years FoS i was offered a passenger ride in a rally car and found myself being strapped into Colin's latest rally car with the man himself.

It was a ride i will never ever forget. He was amazingly fast and smooth and although i was very nervous at being driven so fast on a narrow rally stage after a very short time i had total confidence in his incredible ability.

Thank you Colin. R.I.P.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2032960)   #129
littlefarny
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
littlefarny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was an inspiration - legendary driver, and a nice grounded bloke by all accounts. He was a brilliant ambassador for the sport and will be sorely missed.

Park, Burns, and now McRae...RIP
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:13 (Ref:2054893)   #130
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't believe its taken me this long to post here.

Thank you Colin, for turning a young boy with an interest into a growing adult with a love for the sport.

Top Gear Motorsport was the best thing ever thanks to you, and noone will ever replace your genius.

R.I.P. a true legend, Colin Mcrae.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2180214)   #131
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met Colin several times mainly due to the fact that he lived not far from me, always a true gent and always happy to talk to me. Also met him at several rallies and smaller events where I got to take some great pics of his rather special mk2.
I was in shock when I heard of the chopper going down just outside his home.. I just knew it was him.. sadly there were to be more fatalities in the crash when the press confirmed our worst fears several hours later.

A great loss to motorsport and a true legend.

R.I.P. Colin.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 04:36 (Ref:2190758)   #132
Team Blitz
Rookie

United States
Columbus, Ohio
Team Blitz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

2006 X-Games roll-over whilst leading, righted, gunned, and finished 2nd, having only lost 1st by .5 second. The house was brought down. He brought rally to the USA in a way no one else ever had. With class, humility, cheerfulness, magic talent, total commitment, and utter bravery. His leaving this earth has left us all breathless.

Norm
Old 16 Sep 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2542269)   #133
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 Years ago yesterday that colin and his son and friends were taken from all of us and i forgot to come on here last night so here it is today you will always be remembered

col
Old 17 Sep 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2542549)   #134
MrNanoTrax
Rookie

United States
Pattaya, Thailand
MrNanoTrax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DiRT is the greatest rally race game ever... it was narrated/hosted by Colin McRae. RIP bro!
Old 15 Sep 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3767023)   #135
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today marks the tenth anniversary of Colin tragic death.

RIP Colin
Old 15 Sep 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3767145)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just finished listening to the Autosport Podcast on Colin. Great way to spend 80 minutes, with so many memories

My Aunt knew him when she worked for Prodrive and has nothing but good memories of him. A driver who gave it his all and at the same time knew how the car worked. His last great moment was coming with an ace of getting a podium for Skoda in the Rally Australia and it would have been interesting to see him in the Scooby for 2008. He certainly would have given the WRC the boost it needed