Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Apr 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3527356)   #1
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshoppingcart View Post
Yeah Davidson's comments especially seem very worrying, given what he was implying for the rest of the season. Also troubling is he didn't even mention Le Mans at all.

In a way it's not fair for Toyota, the fact that they don't have Lotterer, as he's locked up by Audi. It's a bit of tragic or cruel irony, since Toyota all those years had Lotterer racing for them in Super GT, and even recently he's still been racing for a Toyota team under Formula Nippon/Super Formula in Japan. Yet they can't have him for the WEC.
Toyota don't need Lotterer. They have Davidson.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3527357)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe not need, but it would be great to have. Lotterer, IMHO, is the prototype endurance driver to have at the moment. He'd be my first name down on my dream line up.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3527358)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
At this moment in time I reckon the fastest trio in LMP1 would be Lotterer-Nakajima-Hartley, if we were to poach one from each manufacturer currently running.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3527359)   #4
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
At this moment in time I reckon the fastest trio in LMP1 would be Lotterer-Nakajima-Hartley, if we were to poach one from each manufacturer currently running.
No.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3527366)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Toyota don't need Lotterer. They have Davidson.
They might need a slightly faster car though!

None of the factory lineups strike me as comprehensively worse than any of the others, although I do think Toyota have brought their best 3 drivers into the same car which I would say is not the case for Audi or Porsche.

Now if we're going to play Fantasy WEC and restrict ourselves to one from each factory, Lotterer-Buemi-Jani would be my choice. Pick it apart guys
Old 13 Apr 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3527360)   #6
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fantasy lineup:

#1 Davidson-Lotterer-Nakajima
#2 Buemi-Duval-Jani
Old 13 Apr 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3527361)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Man this is a debate that could rage on.

All I know is that my number one guy is Lotterer. There are so many elite drivers in LMP1 though. It really is a golden era.

Have Nissan got a guy who can emerge? Will the current car give them enough of a platform?
Old 13 Apr 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3527362)   #8
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
restrict ourselves to one from each factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
fantasy lineup:

#1 Davidson-Lotterer-Nakajima
#2 Buemi-Duval-Jani

Although if there were no restrictions I'd pick almost exactly that; Buemi <-> Davidson would be my only change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Have Nissan got a guy who can emerge? Will the current car give them enough of a platform?
I'm not sure it will at all, definitely not this year. I suppose the obvious candidates would be Tincknell, Pla, Mardenborough (although he's going down the single-seater route).
Old 14 Apr 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3527363)   #9
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Driver predictions gave me a good chuckle! Hartley and Nakajima weren't my first thoughts.

Hmm.

Lotterer-Davidson-Duval. Is Duval underrated or something?
Old 14 Apr 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3527364)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Driver predictions gave me a good chuckle! Hartley and Nakajima weren't my first thoughts.
Why is everyone so dismissive of Hartley? He was blisteringly quick in qualifying in the 919 at the weekend and from memory, he's never been the one who's sat out the qualifying session. Nakajima's qualifying lap was stunning at Le Mans as well, and he was the only driver who was the match for the #8 Toyota last season.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3527365)   #11
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since 2010 at Le Mans, the fastest race lap has been set either by Lotterer or Duval.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3527383)   #12
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Nakajima's qualifying lap was stunning at Le Mans as well, and he was the only driver who was the match for the #8 Toyota last season.
Don't forget that Nakajima was fighting on three fronts last year. He won the Super Formula championship (beating one Andre Lotterer in the process) and were it not for circumstances outside his control he would have won Le Mans and GT500 as well. I'm honestly puzzled as to how anybody else can be considered to have been as imperious as Kazuki was last year.

Quote:
Lotterer-Davidson-Duval. Is Duval underrated or something?
He is somewhat overshadowed by Lotterer and with Audi not on the pace for most of last year it's easy to forget his quality. But even then I think Buemi, Davidson & Nakajima were better last year and although I think Duval was better than Lotterer over the season, on that heady Sunday morning in the middle of June there's only one driver I want in the car.

Edit - Seeing as this has its own thread now and we don't have to restrict ourselves to an imaginary TMG budget, here's my three-car lineup:

1) Buemi-Lotterer-Nakajima
2) Davidson-Duval-Jani
3) Di Grassi-Hartley-Treluyer

Although Lieb could easily take any one of those seats in the third car, I just think that the above trio went be wanting for speed or (controlled) aggression.

Last edited by J Jay; 14 Apr 2015 at 13:22.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3527440)   #13
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are so many elite drivers in endurance now - partly because of not enough single seats and partly because of the controlled aggression factor suiting more mature drivers, there are probably enough for 3-4-5 dream teams. The most effective groupings would be by set-up preferences rather than just speed. Sadly, I for one, have no idea what those are so I'd just pick Lotterer and whichever other two elite drivers like the same set up as him.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3527490)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I am playing the one from each team game it's Lotterer, Buemi, and Jani. Otherwise I'm going to think a bit more.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3527535)   #15
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nakajima Kobayashi Davidson would be my pick. Kamui has speed and wec experience. Theres a reason he's reserve driver.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3527541)   #16
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Why is everyone so dismissive of Hartley? He was blisteringly quick in qualifying in the 919 at the weekend and from memory, he's never been the one who's sat out the qualifying session. Nakajima's qualifying lap was stunning at Le Mans as well, and he was the only driver who was the match for the #8 Toyota last season.
I mean it's not just over one lap, but over a stint. Lotterer gets it done. Davidson gets it done. Even though Hartley has been quick, and despite the fact that the car was having issues, he almost binned the car into Arnage barrier on atleast 3 different occasions iirc at LeMans

Lotterer and co rarely ever make mistakes under big pressure. It's scary.

Duval showed his stuff at Le Mans 2011 in the Oreca 908 with the sub 3:20 race lap.

I think Nakajima is overshadowed by Davidson to me which is why I don't think about him too much in this discussion. Granted looking back on his races, he is incredibly fast. I would put him in one of my lineups. but only if I could not have Lotterer-Davidson-Duval.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3527546)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I would pick three advanced robots if we had that sort of technology already. Because I don't really follow drivers on this sport, only teams/cars/manufacturers.

But I guess if I had to I'd just pick the Lotterer/Trelluyer/Fässler Audi trio, even if it's boring. Maybe Duval instead of Fässler or something but IDK those three seem to know how to handle it from year after year. Solid performances and abilities to keep on pushing. Then if you have totally unrestricted limits see how Alonso and Loeb manage it

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Apr 2015 at 01:16.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 01:53 (Ref:3527553)   #18
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Duval was featured in Super GT and Super Formula, but Kazuki and co. did better. I think the #1 has the best lineup. Id rate Davidson and Nakajima top 3 and Buemi top 4 or 5. But both of them have their better days than the other so it could go either way in their rank. Most all these guys are top pilots though.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3527744)   #19
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nakajima Kobayashi Davidson would be my pick. Kamui has speed and wec experience. Theres a reason he's reserve driver.
Kobayashi was very grey on the AF Corse year.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3527750)   #20
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Yeah, it's because just like Marco Bonanomi & Nico Lapierre he's just not good enough for a full-time seat, am I right? I am, aren't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
But I guess if I had to I'd just pick the Lotterer/Trelluyer/Fässler Audi trio, even if it's boring. Maybe Duval instead of Fässler or something but IDK those three seem to know how to handle it from year after year. Solid performances and abilities to keep on pushing. Then if you have totally unrestricted limits see how Alonso and Loeb manage it
Joking aside the draw of these "fantasy sports" threads for me is to imagine what could be achieved if every participant is at their best and they all gel together instantly. Obviously in real life there a whole host of intangible factors that somehow come together in certain groups to bring a performance that is better than the sum of its parts (e.g. Buemi-Davidson, Lotterer-Treluyer-Fassler, I'm sure there are others going further back).

Last edited by J Jay; 15 Apr 2015 at 19:27.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3527759)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
I think Koby is reserve driver first because he was the best choice between the three Toyota tested. After that he is only reserve because they have the others under contract. If I were Toyota, I would look at the #2 car's lineup for him. He did fine in the AF Corse considering he stepped in it from driving F1 the year before. I think finding an ideal driver lineup you must consider driving styles so the lineup can be cohesive. Now the weight issue as well!
Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3527765)   #22
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Being serious I actually agree with you - I would have given him as much of a chance to show what he could do as Conway got if there was time available to do so. With Sarrazin not quite at his best as well there's scope for improvement in the #2.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3527792)   #23
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Being serious I actually agree with you - I would have given him as much of a chance to show what he could do as Conway got if there was time available to do so. With Sarrazin not quite at his best as well there's scope for improvement in the #2.
Thanks! I think my opinions aren't shared by many here so I'm glad