Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Oct 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3772174)   #226
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The gravel lot by the comfort station in T4 should be safe.

Awesome, thanks.

Anywhere I can get drinking water, fill up an empty bottle etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 Oct 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3772175)   #227
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Awesome, thanks.

Anywhere I can get drinking water, fill up an empty bottle etc?

Technically there is water at the bathroom, and I assume it is potable.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3772176)   #228
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Technically there is water at the bathroom, and I assume it is potable.

Okay, thanks. Will give it a try.

Old 6 Oct 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3772287)   #229
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Actually we have lots of water here, if you want to fill up at our campsite, stop on by.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3773107)   #230
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a great weekend.
Looking forward to Sebring already
Lil night shot of our site:

Old 9 Oct 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3773293)   #231
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Thanks for letting me crash at your campsite guys. Was fun getting to meet some of the familiar names from here and the good conversations we had over several beers. Next year I have to bring a steak.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 23:21 (Ref:3773294)   #232
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Thanks for letting me crash at your campsite guys. Was fun getting to meet some of the familiar names from here and the good conversations we had over several beers. Next year I have to bring a steak.
Indeed, it was nice to meet you too. I was especially pleased that the rain held off until early Saturday and early Sunday. It was nice to be able to pack away mostly damp instead of soaking wet things.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 23:40 (Ref:3773295)   #233
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Good grief, Joe! Had I seen this I would have offered our bottled water!

I hope you enjoyed my home track fergus! It's a great track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Anytime, and it was great to meet you as well!
Old 9 Oct 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3773296)   #234
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
what a great weekend.
Looking forward to Sebring already
Lil night shot of our site:

Looks cool! Sorry I didn't get over there but will next year!
Old 9 Oct 2017, 23:48 (Ref:3773297)   #235
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sorry for the silence on here- pretty frantic as I headed to Charlotte yesterday to catch NASCAR- so glad that race went ahead, but the storm well and truly hit on the way back!

I packed loads of drinks but never seemed to have enough with how hot it was combined with the amount of walking I was doing. Really appreciate the offers for water.

The 4 days just flew by. I absolutely ADORE Road Atlanta. Proper old school, the viewing is incredible, it's visually beautiful and any track which features a mini forest on the inside is always up the top of my list!

To top it all off, the support races were great and the main event itself was fantastic. Spent what seemed to be the most exciting part at the chicane- great action spot with loads of passing and having seating there is really appreciated too.

Old 9 Oct 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3773298)   #236
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm now tired as heck. Not sure when I'll next be doing Spa, Brands Hatch, Road Atlanta and Charlotte over the course of 3 weeks.

Old 10 Oct 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3773326)   #237
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But some of us are jealous of the itinerary there, that's a great month of racing.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3773864)   #238
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm now tired as heck. Not sure when I'll next be doing Spa, Brands Hatch, Road Atlanta and Charlotte over the course of 3 weeks.

I've been to three of those tracks....would love to add the 4th!

Glad you enjoyed Road Atlanta. I'm very fond of it and have had many great memories there, but I unfortunately couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to this year. That's okay! I'll be back and hope you can make it back again.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3774087)   #239
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I've been to three of those tracks....would love to add the 4th!

Glad you enjoyed Road Atlanta. I'm very fond of it and have had many great memories there, but I unfortunately couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to this year. That's okay! I'll be back and hope you can make it back again.
Let me guess the one you haven't been to...Brands Hatch?

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'll definitely be back, maybe even next year!
Old 14 Oct 2017, 00:45 (Ref:3774095)   #240
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Let me guess the one you haven't been to...Brands Hatch?

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I'll definitely be back, maybe even next year!
Thanks! There's always another race!

I visited a friend in London about 12 years ago and as soon as I got off the plane, I insisted we head to straight to Brands. Historics were there that weekend and I got to see factory McLaren Can Am cars tear ass around the circuit amongst many other awesome machines. Planted the historic seed deeply!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3774757)   #241
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Sorry for the silence on here- pretty frantic as I headed to Charlotte yesterday to catch NASCAR- so glad that race went ahead, but the storm well and truly hit on the way back!

I packed loads of drinks but never seemed to have enough with how hot it was combined with the amount of walking I was doing. Really appreciate the offers for water.

The 4 days just flew by. I absolutely ADORE Road Atlanta. Proper old school, the viewing is incredible, it's visually beautiful and any track which features a mini forest on the inside is always up the top of my list!

To top it all off, the support races were great and the main event itself was fantastic. Spent what seemed to be the most exciting part at the chicane- great action spot with loads of passing and having seating there is really appreciated too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you meet up with us next time, we'll give you a few tips for viewing and getting around.

Quote:
Wow that sounds amazing! I've never been out of the country but Brands and Spa are both near the top of my list.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3774758)   #242
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
IMSA sent me my Weathertech flag today, just in time for the race!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3774759)   #243
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
IMSA sent me my Weathertech flag today, just in time for the race!
And now that must mean there is a new title sponsor coming!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3774760)   #244
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
And now that must mean there is a new title sponsor coming!
Yeah, I didn't even want that one but they were out of the imsa flag. I got a road Atlanta flag now, so who cares!
Old 18 Oct 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3774767)   #245
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't even want that one but they were out of the imsa flag. I got a road Atlanta flag now, so who cares!
I got a Road Atlanta hat and I like it a lot. It is just a small track outline on the front.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3774772)   #246
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I got a Road Atlanta hat and I like it a lot. It is just a small track outline on the front.
While we're on consumer advice, those Rd Atl hoodies are amazing.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3774889)   #247
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I bought nothing, but a program, for the first time in years. It's still in the package with the sticker (and a little dust). It'll all probably stay right where it lays until I move it next to the program and shirt from the 2005 USGP.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3775509)   #248
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thanks! There's always another race!

I visited a friend in London about 12 years ago and as soon as I got off the plane, I insisted we head to straight to Brands. Historics were there that weekend and I got to see factory McLaren Can Am cars tear ass around the circuit amongst many other awesome machines. Planted the historic seed deeply!
Wow, that's brilliant! Sounds like the Masters Historic Festival or HSCC Superprix weekend. I think a few of our regulars over here compete at The Mitty.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3775510)   #249
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you meet up with us next time, we'll give you a few tips for viewing and getting around.

Will do- that's much appreciated.

Wow that sounds amazing! I've never been out of the country but Brands and Spa are both near the top of my list.
You'd love Brands. I'm afraid to say Spa has been taken over by the F1 brigade so features lots of tarmac run-off, high debris fences and getting around is difficult. Still a great track, and worth ticking off the bucket list if you were to tour Europe, but the spectator experience can feel a little underwhelming at times.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3775866)   #250
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Wow, that's brilliant! Sounds like the Masters Historic Festival or HSCC Superprix weekend. I think a few of our regulars over here compete at The Mitty.
I've seen a couple of guys from across the pond there. It's a great little event that coincides with my birthday so it's an easy hall pass.