Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Sep 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2952189)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS Round 9/ILMC Round 6: Petit Le Mans 29 Sep -1 Oct

With the posting of the scrutineering schedule I though it was time to start an official thread. For those who missed it, the race has been capped at 53 starters but there are currently 60 entries. To summarize, the process for getting down to 53 involves the challenge classes having to earn their start by qualifying, with the fastest cars getting the start. The exact number of challenge cars allowed in will depend on how many cars from the "real" aco classes actually show up.

On track activities start with the test days the Sunday and Monday before the race (Sept 25-26). There is another test session on Wednesday before the official practice sessions start on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to this race!

Schedule

Entry List/Scrutineering Schedule

Track Map

ALMS International Video Feed

ESPN3 Video Feed

Weather

World Times
Old 7 Sep 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2952208)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Looking forward to it!!!! Came last year for the first time, loved flagging out at turn 7 so much that I am returning for another go!!!!!

Plane, hotel and car all booked - last December!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2952210)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The pedant in me wants to point out that this really is an ILMC race foremost, and an ALMS race secondarily. This is tagged as ALMS race 9, but it really is ILMC Race 6 (alms race 9)
Old 7 Sep 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2952220)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
it really is ILMC Race 6 (alms race 9)
Are you working for the ACO?

And I disagree, it's foremost an ALMS event. They don't play second fiddle nearly as much as LMS does for ILMC
Old 7 Sep 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2952228)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Are you working for the ACO?

And I disagree, it's foremost an ALMS event. They don't play second fiddle nearly as much as LMS does for ILMC
No, I don't work for the ACO, just a pedant who is disappointed that the owner/management group of the ALMS agreed to participate in the devaluation of the series.

Disagree all you want, but opinions are irrelevant. The contracts state it is an ILMC event, the Marketing rights go to ILMC/ACO, and the TV rights go primarily to ILMC/ACO. ILMC cars are preferred entrants over ALMS entrants. These are simply the facts. If we wish to argue further about it, there is the ILMC/WEC thread, perhaps we should leave this to people who wish to talk about the race?
Old 7 Sep 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2952231)   #6
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to see the names of the two teammates of Nicolas Lapierre in the ORECA 908 for this race
Old 7 Sep 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2952243)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The pedant in me wants to point out that this really is an ILMC race foremost, and an ALMS race secondarily. This is tagged as ALMS race 9, but it really is ILMC Race 6 (alms race 9)
That's funny, I don't know why I chose ALMS over ILMC for the title, it wasn't a conscience decision. I guess I am just used to the tradition of Petit being a ALMS Round.

Maybe a Mod can change the thread title to "ALMS Round 9/ILMC Round 6: Petit Le Mans"
Old 7 Sep 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2952245)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I've heard of this race. Might have to check it out.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2952268)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Can't wait to see the names of the two teammates of Nicolas Lapierre in the ORECA 908 for this race
How about Duval for a start ..... and that youngster that Pug are testing ..... or indeed David Brabham .
Old 7 Sep 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2952274)   #10
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How about Duval for a start ..... and that youngster that Pug are testing ..... or indeed David Brabham .
JK Vernay might be with Signatech if Ayari is unavailable again like at Silverstone, and Duval is racing in Super GT on the same weekend so he's definitely unavailable.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2952278)   #11
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'm hoping to gain employment to justify going. I just moved to Greenville and they have some big ALMS attraction a few days before PLM, so at least I'll see something.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2952284)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for getting this going, joeb. I know I can't wait...believe I am half way there already, or at least, I was yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'm hoping to gain employment to justify going.
I've been in that boat before...

With the support races, the general atmosphere surrounding this ILMC event and the potential entry, I suggest you do whatever you got to do to be there.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2952301)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'm hoping to gain employment to justify going.
I'm in the same boat, but at Mr. Field said, this race is a must. I might add that if you are already going to be in SC, then the trip really isn't that bad. I recently moved to Michigan, so it is going to be a haul for me!
Old 7 Sep 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2952313)   #14
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been waiting for this thread to open up. I'll be heading to PLM this year and, after visiting Le Mans this year, I can't wait to see these machines again.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2952324)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
JK Vernay might be with Signatech if Ayari is unavailable again like at Silverstone, and Duval is racing in Super GT on the same weekend so he's definitely unavailable.
I heard that Ayari was out just for the one race .
Old 7 Sep 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2952327)   #16
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Back for more as well! And since I got plenty of time on hand (yep, that E-monster strikes all around the globe...) I´m planning on coming over early so I´ll get the chance to watch some of the pre event activities and testing.

ILMC and/or ALMS who cares, this one is gonna be a cracker, just not sure how much running under green we´ll get to see. IF this turns out to be the last edition of the ACO-based Petit then it will go out with a bang. But I´m sure that in that case the Petit (@Road Atlanta!) will live on and although run as a ´IMSA´ event instead, will thrive for years to come.

Also, might be interesting to see if the World Challenge is going to match the number of entries for the Petit.

Leaving for Silverstone tomorrow but not as half as excited about that one...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 01:52 (Ref:2952483)   #17
slappy2happy87
Rookie

United States
Orange City, Fl
slappy2happy87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be my fourth petit in a row and I am very excited. It will be interesting to see how qualifying works and who is turned away from the event. Dagys stated there are close to 70 entries and only 53 will race. Im gonna round down to 67 entries so who will get turned away. I like the Lmpc and gtc classes but hopefully some of them will be scaled back. I cannot wait to on spectator hill and view the cars down the esses during dusk. I will be camping in my normal spot as the cars brake for the chicaine and will have my walking boots on lol. As a self proclaimed NASCAR junkie, I really have a lot of love for this sports car scene I developed in 2007. I hope this event keeps on as a WEC event but only politics will tell the outcome of that partnership. Good luck on everyones travels to road atlanta and hope to see you all there!
kyle, daytona fla
Old 8 Sep 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2952491)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy2happy87 View Post
Dagys stated there are close to 70 entries and only 53 will race. Im gonna round down to 67 entries so who will get turned away.
The entry list is on the first page, and it is 60 that were accepted, and will be down to 53 cars for the race.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2952654)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I heard that Ayari was out just for the one race .
According to Autosport (yes, not always the most trustworthy source) Vernay is in at Signatech for the rest of the ILMC apparently, so that would be Silverstone, Petit and Zhuhai.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2952919)   #20
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is traffic usually for this event?

Also the University of Georgia is playing a home college football game that Saturday in Athens, which is only a couple miles away.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2952922)   #21
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post

Also the University of Georgia is playing a home college football game that Saturday in Athens, which is only a couple miles away.
Depends. Saturday is pretty bad if you don't camp. UGA is about 45 miles away, so it might effect hotel rooms. Traffic not so much. Through the week some delays, but they have a pretty good system.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2952925)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Athens is a good 30-40 miles away and shouldn't have any affect on race traffic unless you are somehow coming with the game traffic at Commerce/US441 or Pendergrass/US129; not sure how that would be possible...and if UGA plays like they did the first game until they play MissState, there won't be anyone at that game.

In the past when I get there, I stay there, so I can't really tell you how the traffic is outside the property, but I am sure Saturday morning entering and Friday/Saturday night leaving will be pretty close to awful...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2952929)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I just got a call from Road Atlanta reminding that there is a race going October 1st.

I laughed and asked if she was calling to give me a free ticket...wasn't the case.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2952957)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:

Athens ..... no worries dude , Athens is in Greece
Old 8 Sep 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2952973)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I just got a call from Road Atlanta reminding that there is a race going October 1st.

I laughed and asked if she was calling to give me a free ticket...wasn't the case.
I have yet to order my tickets, but I haven't received a personal call, you must be special! The deadline for ordering "cheaper" tickets is Sept 23. I also noticed the price of the camping/parking sticker went up....