Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > The Driver Files

Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1198073)   #1
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarazin, Yves

Anyone remember this chap. French FF racer in 1976, he started with a Winfield Tiga in the Novice series, and later in that year he was going well in the main series, which in that year, 1976, I reckon was the strongest FF year ever (maybe this is worth a thread in itself).

The next year he had a Royale RP24, and again went well. After that he disappeared, at least in the UK. Anyone know what happened after that, did he return to France and race there, or stop completely. I rated him pretty highly.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1198107)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A super bloke Yves. He came from Lille, not to far away the other side of the channel and would jump on the ferry every Friday night to come across and race.

He was works driver at Royale in 1977, Trevor van Rooyen also running his RP24 out of the factory that season but Trevor did all preperation and engine himself. Yves' cream and brown RP24 was tended by Paul Thompson who became Kenny Acheson's mechanic on the works FF RMC Royale in '78 then went with Kenny when he set up his own F3 team. Paul went to the Jordan F3000 team and eventually F1 with them.

Royale designer Rory Byrne, wonder what happened to him? would try out
all types of trick front suspension on Yves car that year. It was like a racing test-bed.

I did not see or hear of Yves again after the '77 season. But as you say, very quick, aggressive and should have gone further. I remember him as a really lovely guy.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1198118)   #3
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could this be him? http://www.ecoledeconduiteyvessarazin.fr/
Old 15 Jan 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1201456)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fan,thanks. yes I think it is.
Here is his works Royale RP24 from 1977.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1213240)   #5
Bernard HONNORA
Rookie

Bernard HONNORA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yves is always a fast racer.
He drives 2 or 3 times a year in historic racing, F3Classic or endurance VdeV with Alpine M63 long tale or Ferrari.
In F3Classic he run in the B class (Formula Renault) with he car he drove in 1975, a Martini F Renault Europe.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1213302)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friendly forum Bernard.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1800703)   #7
Marc C
Rookie

Marc C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he is the father of the F1 one-off Minardi racer...
Old 29 Dec 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1801350)   #8
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won the J & P Polymers Formula Ford Fiesta in the Tiga {I couldn't call it a Festival} at Aintree back in 1976