Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Dec 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2809676)   #51
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Germany's two GT3-series, GT-Masters and VLN, are doing exceptionally well, but Britain isn't all that well off, with only a dozen or so if genuine GT3-cars at most rounds in 2010. However, things are looking up for Britain as well for 2011.

France is doing great, though, with fields of 30+ cars at most rounds.

Spain is pretty weak, as far as GT3 goes, and Italy is not much better off.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2809684)   #52
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The old "GT2s are race cars, GT3s are upgraded road cars" is getting more outdated by the year

Yes, and supported by Martin Brundle who stated, after his test of it, that the SLS is a race car, not an upgraded road car.
Maybe not on the scale of the 1997 CLK-GTR but, whilst looking forward to seeing this car next season, I do share your concern that it may raise the bar (and the costs).
Old 31 Dec 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2809698)   #53
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat View Post
Yes, and supported by Martin Brundle who stated, after his test of it, that the SLS is a race car, not an upgraded road car.
Maybe not on the scale of the 1997 CLK-GTR but, whilst looking forward to seeing this car next season, I do share your concern that it may raise the bar (and the costs).
Reminds me of when the R8 GT3 appeared. How many people in the Audi camp were complaining of the BoP in 2009 and 2010, because it rendered that car uncompetitive?
Old 3 Jan 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2810624)   #54
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Reiter have plans to run two of their new LP600+ in this series (source: Speedweek)

The Lambo doesn't have much of a reputation of an endurance car so far, so it'll be interesting to see, how they're gonna do.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2810736)   #55
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
We'll see next season won't we!

Not going to happen and.......not going to happen

Not going to happen

Since it isn't coming to North America your stake is safe (but pointless!)
I also bet on American Football and as the "Architect" said "Do exceeding well at it"

Grand Am... Ants do better at picnics. Californians turned up our collective noses, we know better.

We'll see how Grand Am does at Laguna Seca again when compared to the ALMS and I say right now that FIA World GT would do better than Grand Am does at Laguna Seca and with Ratel having worked and lived in California before and the number 1 car market in the US, ummm he wants to have a race here.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2810739)   #56
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Strange then that all major sportscar race organisers go to great lengths to attract them!!

Really! You don't say!! Now there's a thing!!!

Nope 8 - Plus the pair of pseudo GT2 BMWs - not bad considering the mess SRO made of GT2 coming into the year

Actually 21 - just 79 short!

Yup - and the minority of the finishers!

Apart from 10 really high quality starters that is and the cars that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th

There's a world of difference between a 1 hour sprint and a 24 hour enduro - Neither the GT3 or the GT1 cars are now built for the latter

Popular? Nope - but as with ALMS, Grand-Am, the ACO and others it's only correct to point out flaws as well as applaud the good bits.
I have to remember that Graham does this for a living and has to like some of this stuff. Considering what Rich White Men have done to both sides of the Atlantic, they are not my favorite people at the moment. At least Duncan Dayton isn't always aiming to jump into the driver's seat, he goes and drives his classic F1 cars and its perfectly happy with that, I wish more "Rich Blokes" will take a nod from him.

As for flaws, No ACO TV, how we going to watch Le Mans in the United States? Grand Am, shouldn't they run off and die already, how many jobs would be lost? ALMS? just announced TV deal, doesn't bother me at all -> Fiber to Home, Windows Media Center 7, others they hate it, my opinion likely not the best they could have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMaVtARSj0 I put it on the line, what about you Graham?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2810750)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well, Reiter have plans to run two of their new LP600+ in this series (source: Speedweek)

The Lambo doesn't have much of a reputation of an endurance car so far, so it'll be interesting to see, how they're gonna do.
Lp600? Is that the Gallardo? Which class are the looking at racing in?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2810769)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Lp600? Is that the Gallardo? Which class are the looking at racing in?
I think I read gt3.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2810772)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think I read gt3.
I was hoping for a bigger effort in GT2 with the expected ALMS effort and the Gulf car racing at the end of the year but GT3 would be good too as they can sell a lot more cars. I found a pic of the car at http://www.motorward.com/2011/01/rei...orghini-lp600/ and it looks pretty serious for a GT3 car, with the SLS coming in maybe Reiter are seeing the need to step it up a notch?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2810833)   #60
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
I have to remember that Graham does this for a living and has to like some of this stuff.
No I don't - and no I don't. My motivation is a love for the sport and I'm never afraid of saying what I don't like - I just try to back up those opinions with an evidence base that's all!

Quote:

Considering what Rich White Men have done to both sides of the Atlantic, they are not my favorite people at the moment.
What on God's green earth has being white got to do with this?????

Quote:
At least Duncan Dayton isn't always aiming to jump into the driver's seat, he goes and drives his classic F1 cars and its perfectly happy with that, I wish more "Rich Blokes" will take a nod from him.
Duncan's business model at Highcroft is a world away from that of the majority of gentleman drivers

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMaVtARSj0 I put it on the line, what about you Graham?
The 'message' in that video is underwhelming and simplistic to such a degree that your use of it is borderline inappropriate.

I think I have firmly "put it on the line" - both here and on dsc - on a large number of occasions - Perhaps you'd like to point out where my opinions above are incorrect?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2811117)   #61
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They worked on the LP560 and LP600 versions a lot to "stay alive" in endurance events. The Merdeka Millenium race went wuite well....
Old 7 Jan 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2812563)   #62
Speed-King
Veteran

Another Lamborghini comes from DVB Racing, not sure in what spec, though.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2812865)   #63
Speed-King
Veteran

Marc VDS two field their two Multimatic Mustangs in the Endurance Series

Speculative grid:
GT3:
2x WRT Audi
2x Marc VDS Mustang
2x Reiter Lambo LP600+
1x DB Racing Lambo
?x Phoenix Audi

GT4:
???

GT3 is shaping up nicely, now I am hoping for some announcements on the GT4-front... If they can get two dozens of cars between the two classes, it'll be a success in my book.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2812870)   #64
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes! Great to see Marc VDS haven't given up on those Mustangs. Now where's the Camaro.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 03:05 (Ref:2813095)   #65
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought a Mustang couldn't look any worse untill they made a GT3 version.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2813826)   #66
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
I thought a Mustang couldn't look any worse untill they made a GT3 version.
What? Out of all the modified Mustangs I like this one the best as racing cars go, the Speed Challenge car looks fat.

That's your opinion however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Yes! Great to see Marc VDS haven't given up on those Mustangs. Now where's the Camaro.
When they pulled the cars at Jarama (after qualifying 2nd in race 2), they said they intended to bring them back for 2011. I didn't doubt them, this mostly a Multimatic (Scott Maxwell) and Eric De Doncker project. When the cars debuted at Brno, it was later found the ABS system wasn't working properly.

I'm already looking forward to the season opener @Algarve
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2813829)   #67
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Marc VDS two field their two Multimatic Mustangs in the Endurance Series

Speculative grid:
GT3:
2x WRT Audi
2x Marc VDS Mustang
2x Reiter Lambo LP600+
1x DB Racing Lambo
?x Phoenix Audi

GT4:
???

GT3 is shaping up nicely, now I am hoping for some announcements on the GT4-front... If they can get two dozens of cars between the two classes, it'll be a success in my book.
What are the official cars for GT4? I know Aston Martin has a 2010/11 model and the UK built 370Z is available. Oh yeah the BMW which has a GT4-ish M3. I would also assume the new Mustang Boss 302 is legal for GT4.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2813833)   #68
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
What are the official cars for GT4? I know Aston Martin has a 2010/11 model and the UK built 370Z is available. Oh yeah the BMW which has a GT4-ish M3. I would also assume the new Mustang Boss 302 is legal for GT4.
The 302 hasn't been homologated for Europe so far, only the old FR500C, but you'd only race one of those when you are a masochist.

From the top of my head, I'd think these are elegible:
- Ginetta G50 (works)
- Lotus Evora (works)
- Aston Vantage (works)
- Maserati Gran Turismo (Michelotto/works)
- Corvette (Callaway, that project has ended, though, I think)
- Camaro (Riley-built, but the European importer has plans for major modifications)
- Porsche 997 (Porsche Center Eindhoven)
- Porsche Cayman (some Italian privateer outfit)
- Nissan 370Z (RJN)
- Mustang FR500C (works, but outclassed)
- BMW M3 (works)
- Audi TT (works)

And in supersports:
- KTM X-Bow (works)
- Lotus 2-11 (works)
- Donkervoort (works)

Last edited by Speed-King; 10 Jan 2011 at 18:30.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2813838)   #69
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anything come up about a GT3 version of the Camaro since the guys at the GT-eins-Forum found out about this website.

Last edited by I Rosputnik; 10 Jan 2011 at 18:34.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2813839)   #70
Speed-King
Veteran

I didn't find out about this, the good folks over at the GT-eins-Forum did, but I've heard nothing so far. Guess we'll have to wait for the 31st.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2813841)   #71
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Ah ok, I've fixed then.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2813842)   #72
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
No I don't - and no I don't. My motivation is a love for the sport and I'm never afraid of saying what I don't like - I just try to back up those opinions with an evidence base that's all!
[snip]

I never had a problem with your motivations and I would consider your views more balanced than some others.

I only used that video because the hook has "Put It On The Line" in it. Otherwise it has no link to discussion.

The rest of it I'll address when I have a bit more clear mindset.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2813845)   #73
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
The 302 hasn't been homologated for Europe so far, only the old FR500C, but you'd only race one of those when you are a masochist.

From the top of my head, I'd think these are elegible:
- Ginetta G50 (works)
- Lotus Evora (works)
- Aston Vantage (works)
- Maserati Gran Turismo (Michelotto/works)
- Corvette (Callaway, that project has ended, though, I think)
- Camaro (Riley-built, but the European importer has plans for major modifications)
- Porsche 997 (Porsche Center Eindhoven)
- Porsche Cayman (some Italian privateer outfit)
- Nissan 370Z (RJN)
- Mustang FR500C (works, but outclassed)
- BMW M3 (works)
- Audi TT (works)

And in supersports:
- KTM X-Bow (works)
- Lotus 2-11 (works)
- Donkervoort (works)
Yeah I guess the FR500 became dated quite quickly. The Boss 302 was very fast in the Grand Am Cup, just not reliable yet. Jack Roush Jr. was still very competitive with his older FR500 finished 3rd in the overall standings.

I forgot about the Audi TT RS...
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2813852)   #74
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I guess the FR500 became dated quite quickly. The Boss 302 was very fast in the Grand Am Cup, just not reliable yet. Jack Roush Jr. was still very competitive with his older FR500 finished 3rd in the overall standings.
Conti Challenge has a lot less rules creep that the SRO-series, I think. Which is good for the US-teams and the series, but bad as far as the interchangeability of cars is concerned.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2813863)   #75
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Has anything come up about a GT3 version of the Camaro since the guys at the GT-eins-Forum found out about this website.
There was a report about the GT3 Camaro in german print mag Speedweek.

Roll out in June 2011
Katech V8 engine with 580 hp and 680 NM
sequentiell Hollinger gearbox, paddles at steering wheel
traction control
1.275 KG
ABS
180.000 €