Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jul 2003, 12:43 (Ref:655761)   #1
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More pics from Le Mans 2003

A lot taken around the circuit on the days leading up to the big event but some of the race too. Also images of my car being upstaged by a Diablo and a silly one of me with Jay Kay. Hope you like them...

http://public.fotki.com/smarjoram/le_mans_2003/
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:19 (Ref:655807)   #2
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice.
Brings back memories that seem too long ago already.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:06 (Ref:655956)   #3
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pictures, love the night time one of the Job/Petersen Porsche going down the pitlane. But where on earth (Or Le Mans) where you stood when you took the one looking down the pitlane at night. Is there something you are not telling us, like you can levitate or fly, or you have jet pack.

Regards
Chris
Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:20 (Ref:655964)   #4
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aha, they were taken from the roof of the Welcome building. You used to have to pay a little to get in but now it's free. It can get crowded during the day but is much better at night. You go through an arch with the new ACO shop on your left and a restaurant on the right, there's a grassy patch in front of you and the stairs are in the far left corner. Don't tell anyone else though
Old 9 Jul 2003, 09:10 (Ref:656635)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Aha, they were taken from the roof of the Welcome building. You used to have to pay a little to get in but now it's free. It can get crowded during the day but is much better at night. You go through an arch with the new ACO shop on your left and a restaurant on the right, there's a grassy patch in front of you and the stairs are in the far left corner. Don't tell anyone else though
Ayse alumni, eh ?

BTW, too bad that we didn't have you on the forum before the race, you missed the TT members meeting saturday and sunday at noon, despite the fact you were certainly close from us (Village square)... next year, maybe ? My daughters still appreciate your short cuts... have you more ?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 12:11 (Ref:656780)   #6
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
I did keep an eye out for people around the square - I was expecting to see the big screen - didn't they have it this year?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 12:42 (Ref:656806)   #7
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you have to be an ACO member to get on top of the welcome building?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 13:02 (Ref:656835)   #8
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
nope
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:37 (Ref:657583)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I did keep an eye out for people around the square - I was expecting to see the big screen - didn't they have it this year?
No big screen this year, but we met at the place it should have been : I was waiting here with a bottle of wine, and Ed (AKA TryHard) waved me... and so it went !

As I was on the spot the day before, I posted friday evening confirming the meeting was at the same place despite of the missing screen, but too late for most of us who were already at LM...

Next time !

No connection with LM, but did you do other short movies ?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:37 (Ref:657585)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by the_fury
do you have to be an ACO member to get on top of the welcome building?
We were allowed to come in the Welcome area with Grandstands tickets...
Old 10 Jul 2003, 21:32 (Ref:658280)   #11
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, you don't need to be an ACO member but you need grandstand tickets...
Old 11 Jul 2003, 09:01 (Ref:658587)   #12
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Fab - yes I make short films. I work as a freelance director for Aardman in Bristol - they make the animated Wallace and Gromit films amongst others.

Some of my things you can see at the moment are...
Blobs - the BBC3 idents
Bookworms - idents for BBC2's Big Read season(lots more coming later in the year)
The Deadline - A short film currently in lots of festivals.
Presentators - a 'Deadline' spin off series on Nickelodeon UK

On The Deadline we used our own voices so if you really want to see/hear me, I'm the blue one...

http://www.pocketmovies.net/detail.php3?id=192

or you can find other work on the blatant hype page at...

http://www.aardman.com/trade/

Hope you like them.

I'm currently working on an animated remake of the McQueen Le Mans film. Only kidding - I was just trying to get back on topic
Old 11 Jul 2003, 09:45 (Ref:658610)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Some of my things you can see at the moment are...
Blobs - the BBC3 idents
Bookworms - idents for BBC2's Big Read season(lots more coming later in the year)
The Deadline - A short film currently in lots of festivals.
Presentators - a 'Deadline' spin off series on Nickelodeon UK

On The Deadline we used our own voices so if you really want to see/hear me, I'm the blue one...
My daughters like the Deadline very much !
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:21 (Ref:658723)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stefan, I am now looking at you in a completely different light! I am a huge W&G fan, BTW
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:48 (Ref:658756)   #15
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the_fury
Ah, you don't need to be an ACO member but you need grandstand tickets...
This was new for this year's race. Before you needed to be ACO member to get there. Without a grandstand ticket it was possible to enter the terrace-area, but you had to buy an extra ticket for 19 euro's.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:52 (Ref:658757)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which, of course means that those like me who bought a Welcome ticket (actually, I didn't, but......) and who bought a grandstand ticket (actually, I didn't, but......), wasted their (theoretical) money......
Old 11 Jul 2003, 15:05 (Ref:658865)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Which, of course means that those like me who bought a Welcome ticket (actually, I didn't, but......) and who bought a grandstand ticket (actually, I didn't, but......), wasted their (theoretical) money......
Last year, definitely !