Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Nov 2003, 11:47 (Ref:786970)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geoff Bull Recovering

Those that frequent Phillip Island meetings and the GP's down here would most likely know Geoff Bull - Secretary of the Meeting for various events (including next weekends Repco Island Magic and the support AGP events).

Geoff suffered a heart attack yesterday morning (Monday) - woke up with pains and was taken to hospital.

He has already had stents insterted and the problem (a blockage) has, so it now appears, been fixed.

Geoff is still in hospital recovering - whether he will make it to the Island this weekend depends on his doctors, his recovery and his wife Dawn (especially Dawn!)

I am sure our best wishes for a speedy recovery are in order - besides - we need to someone to argue with at the Island!

Get well Geoff...
Old 18 Nov 2003, 12:18 (Ref:786994)   #2
humpty
Rookie

humpty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if he goes this weekend he will be lonely.......its the following weekend 29-30
Old 18 Nov 2003, 12:56 (Ref:787044)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Give me a break - it's nearly midnight and I'm getting ready for my own 24 hour events

Of course - apologies - but it might do him good if he did go this weekend - no drivers to argue with
Old 18 Nov 2003, 14:22 (Ref:787152)   #4
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well.
Take all the time you need.
Shultz
Old 20 Nov 2003, 05:07 (Ref:789067)   #5
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few of the cheif officials around the place are coming down with heart attacks or sadly dying.

perhaps we should start teaching some younger people how to run the sportt or we wont have a sport left. im sick of has beens being in charge and being extremely out dated.

cheers

matt
Old 20 Nov 2003, 14:16 (Ref:789545)   #6
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been asked to edit the above post as my comments have apparently offended at least one forum member.

I down right refuse to. It is my right to free speech, and since without using bad language and stating facts, i take offense at even being asked.

The fact remains, that since my introduction into motorsport officialing approximately 5 years ago, i have seen the same key officials time and time again at just about every meeting. And without any disrespect to the living, it is not just my belief alone that we have to wait for some time till some cheif official either passes on, or leaves the sport to see any advancement. Ths has turned myself and few other officials away from officialing due to this factor.

Once a year officials or people who may do a super sprint becoming a sector marshall at an international event is going to the other end of the scale. It is a fact that if you are not part of a family in certain officials groups or clubs, you get no where.

Perhaps we could just look for the best person for the job, because time and time again things get stuffed up and thats ruining motorsport.

I do apologise however if this comments hurt people. I am not a morbid person and do not take pleasure at peoples misfortune, however i will not edit posts when i state facts.

MAtt
Old 21 Nov 2003, 09:27 (Ref:790323)   #7
humpty
Rookie

humpty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good on you matt....i didnt read anything offensive in your post.just stated facts.someone worried about their position in motorsport????? i agree with you....same old faces at every meeting .no new blood
Old 22 Nov 2003, 01:46 (Ref:791167)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The golen rule of motorsport in this country is that you need to belong to the right car club and be politically correct to move up the ladder and I miss out on both counts.

Then again, I'm happy to just turn up at meetings and do my job well and laugh at those above who cop all the stress before and after the events.

PS. Get Well soon Geoff, seeing that's what this thread was started for in the first place.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 05:20 (Ref:794670)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

Having been absent without any internet access since last Wednesday (Arghhh!!!) - I arrived home this morning to numerous voice mails (a dozen or so) and a few emails (over 3,250!!!)

I spoke to Geoff and he is expecting to be down at the Island this weekend - but is planning on taking it as easy as possible - he still isn't allowed to drive so his wife, SWMBO, will be taking him around...

He sounds cheerful - but when does he not sound that way (aprt from when he is in the timing room that is! )
Old 26 Nov 2003, 05:21 (Ref:794671)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

Matt H - whilst I agree with the general thrust of your post - personally I found the first para, not disturbing, but badly worded...